The Whisker Project

Corie TranchoCorie Trancho Mount SinaiMember Posts: 3
edited 4 May, 2005 in What I Love About Catster
We are collecting loose/dropped cat whiskers for a collaborative project and would love submissions from fellow cat lovers. Please send us your cat whiskers—your LOOSE cat whiskers, meaning those that have fallen out of your cat’s face—the ones that you find on the floor while sweeping. They will be added to our whisker collection archives and displayed on our collection website (which should be live within the week-- scanning whiskers takes time). So, if you find a whisker or two, stick them in an envelope, email for our mailing address [[email protected]], and send those puppies out. Please include a little info about your kitty(ies), such as their names, location, and possibly a photo. http://www.callalillie.com/archives/2005/02/the_whisker_pro.html

Comments

• Krissandra ShickKrissandra Shick PhiladelphiaMember Posts: 9
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Sounds neat. We'll (me and my sister, Una) try to help, and we can't wait to see the finished product!
  • MARY HEFFERNANMARY HEFFERNAN Valley of The MoonMember Posts: 13,688
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Uh, Rebbe Irving, is this a scientific project, or an art project like a whisker montage, or research on who has the most amazing whisker structure, or.... inquiring minds need to know! But sounds like fun...I guess!? (Hey, I'm just a kid, so may be a little behind the learning curve.)
  • Angela CookAngela Cook ConcordMember Posts: 1,938
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Uncle Irving...I have special whiskers!!! They are all beige to yellow in color!...but on either side I have just one solid black whisker!!! I am a totally cool yellow cat! There is just one odd think...I have three black freckles on one of my ears!!! The two black whiskers must have come with those three black freckles! Anyway...My Mom says that the freckles make me special and the black whiskers are my magic! I am going to be looking for whiskers now to send to you! I am just hoping to send you a black magical one! Just a whisker shed away, Tango
  • jenniecarra andriesjenniecarra andries baton rougeMember Posts: 676
    edited 27 February, 2006
    sure, i` give you my wiskers
  • Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    We just found this thread now, and our mommy just vacuumed earlier today. Darn! We might have had a few for you. We'll keep an eye out for more, though. : )
  • Corie TranchoCorie Trancho Mount SinaiMember Posts: 3
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Thanks, everyone! If you have a whisker to send, email [email protected] and we'll send you our mailing address. Never fear, it's not a science project. You can see some of the whiskers that have been sent at http://www.callalillie.com/whiskers
  • MARY HEFFERNANMARY HEFFERNAN Valley of The MoonMember Posts: 13,688
    edited 27 February, 2006
    We looked at The Whiskers on the site so far... interesting, indeed! Such sleak and striking pages. Hmmm. The cat mother is keeping an eye out for one/some to send. It's funny how often we see a lost whisker, and when we want it, we can't find a one. --The Fiends, selket & jacques