Help!

Jaclyn StoneJaclyn Stone VictoriaMember Posts: 1
edited 12 December, 2005 in Cat Health
My cat has come into heat and she won't stop yowling! It's driving me insane! Is there anything I can do, save for getting her some kitty action, that will stop the insanity?

Comments

• MARY HEFFERNANMARY HEFFERNAN Valley of The MoonMember Posts: 13,688
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Well, she can be spayed while she is in heat...I think. Then that will be that!
  • Deb O'NeillDeb O'Neill PerkasieMember Posts: 8,659
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Selket is quite right. The only thing to do is get her spayed. Won't it be nice not to go through this anymore? My Mom's niece had a kitten that no one would spay. Poor thing was in heat every time Mom went to visit. All that yowling kept everyone up and even irritated the other pets. Mom told her niece that she had a very sweet kitty, but no one could appreciate her because of being in heat. Fortunately, the kitty found a new home with a person who had her spayed right away. No "action", please! That's not the solution.
  • Alex KondosAlex Kondos TulsaMember Posts: 600
    edited 27 February, 2006
    If you don't have her spayed, she will continue to cycle in and out of heat every few weeks for the rest of her life. Sadly, if she is unspayed her life won't be that long. Unspayed cats are at high risk for cancer of the female organs, mammary cancer and fatal uterine infections. If you have her spayed, you will never have to worry about messy heats and yowling again.