I like to pee everywhere!

kate kilpatrickkate kilpatrick oklahoma cityMember Posts: 1
edited 22 June, 2005 in Behavior & Training
It seems that I have picked up a bad habit. I like to pee everywhere! I pee in the corner by the front door, on the kitchen rug, and even the bathroom rug! My mom cleans my litter box all the time, and has even tried Feline Pine litter. Does anyone have any suggestions about making this behavior stop?

Comments

• Wendy WardWendy Ward TorontoMember Posts: 84
    edited 27 February, 2006
    To Sophie's mom: try using litter that's not so "scented". Alot of kitties don't like flowery, piney, smelling litter. You could try plain clay or sand, or if you'd like a clumping type alot of kitties seem not to mind the new corn cob litter. Also, is Sophie "spayed"? And have you taken her to your vet to have her checked for a possible bladder infection/condition? Lastly, have you recently moved, or had a stressful event in your home? This will affect Sophie who will "mark out" her territory. You can try Feliway, a pheromone therapy for stressed out kitties. Ask your vet. Hope this helps.
  • Erin RaeErin Rae Carol StreamMember Posts: 1
    edited 27 February, 2006
    My mom used an old cookie sheet as my litter box and I use that a lot more than the carpet now.
  • Betsy LogueBetsy Logue VancouverMember Posts: 3
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I like to pee on mom's down comforter! I am really good at using the litter box during the day, but when she brings me to bed at night, and even though she takes the litter box into the bedroom with her, I still prefer the comforter to the box. She is being patient with me, since I am still so young, but I know she is frustrated.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    How young are you Mimi? If you're being so good at using your box during the day perhaps you're getting confused at night because your mom has moved it into the bedroom at night. We cats are fussy! Don't mess with our boxes - leave them in one nice quiet place. (To Mimi's mom - if you're still having problems you may have to confine Mimi to the room where you have her box at night. My mom did this to me for the first 8 months (not because I was peeing on things but because I was wild & crazy at night!)). Hope this helps.
  • April CurranApril Curran FresnoMember Posts: 1,026
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I pee in the sink or anywhere there is a drain. Thats why I get my own bathroom, with litterbox, food and water dish, bed and scratching post.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Getting back to Mimi. My goodness you're just a liddle kitty, just a month old! No wonder you're having "potty problems". You should have still been with your cat mom who would have been attending to your "tolieting needs". Tiny kittens under 3 months are developing their bladder control (and learning alot of other things as well) if they are taken from their moms too early. Like I said, if she is doing well during the daytime using her box, that's good news. Make sure the box is not too high-sided so she can get into it and DON'T MOVE IT. At night, it sounds like you may be putting Mimi in bed with you and perhaps she gets confused, goes out searching for her box and doesn't know where it is. You could put a box in the bedroom and leave her usual box where it is. There is a new litter called, "Cat Attract", www.preciouscat.com you could try for kitties having difficulties using their boxes. It's guaranteed to work to attract cats back to their boxes. And don't forget to throw out the comforter, or clean the spot with a solution of white vinegar and water, or Mimi will keep coming back and peeing there!