BEST WISHES and a LITTLE TRADITION

Stuart AsbelStuart Asbel The Shellies Memorial Home forMember Posts: 3,367
edited 27 February, 2006 in Plus Fun
Whether you celebrate Kwaanza, Solstice, Christmas, Chanukah, or New Year, or whatever... We want to wish you all peace, blessing, enlightenment, joy, and prosperity this holiday season. May those of you who have lost loved ones be comforted. May those of you that are ill find healing. May those who are in health maintain it. And may we all know love and security throughout the year. Here's a little ritual my mom and dad do on New Years. They got this from our mom's mom. Sometime New Year's Eve they put bread, a piece of wood, and a coin into a bag and put it outside their door. The bread is in hope of always having sustenance. The wood is for warmth through the long winter. The coin is in hope of prosperity. The first time they enter the house after the New Year begins they together bring the bag over the threshold. Here's hoping 2006 is filled with bounty, warmth, and prosperity for everyone! Love, Moo Cow, Nora, Isabel, and Rosie

Comments

• edited 27 February, 2006
    Moo, what a wonderful tradition! My mom thinks it's a neat idea as well and she hopes to remember to try it. *purrs* Thank you for the well wishes and I hope you and your family have a terrific holiday season as well!
  • Nancy HornbergerNancy Hornberger Commerce Twp.Member Posts: 3,723
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Moo Cow, That is a wonderful way to start the New year!
  • Cyndi HorstmanshofCyndi Horstmanshof Spring HillMember Posts: 14,041 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    What a lovely tradition, Moo Cow. Hi my love. I am going to change my Pet Motto, too *wink*
  • Giniene RaymondGiniene Raymond FultonvilleMember Posts: 673
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Wonderful tradition! Best wishes to all for a wonderful, happy and Healthy New year!
  • roberta harrisroberta harris Member Posts: 1,772
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Thank you for sharing the ritual. We're going to start that here tonight! Happy Mew Year!
  • Shawnee CShawnee C Danville, PAMember Posts: 181
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Happy New Year!!! Very nice tradition - we might borrow that sometime!
  • SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Oh, Moo Cow, what a great tradition! After the midnight New Year\'s countdown Mom and Momsmom eat: slices of apple dipped in honey, pieces of a boiled potato and a piece of herring. One is for good health, one is for prosperity and one is for good luck. We don\'t know about the apple and potato, but we do like the herring! Happy New Year, Moo Cow and Family. Happy New Year to all Cats and their Families! Aragorn, Athena & Apollo