If you, or anyone you know use this brand of food -- stop immediately. It has killed several dogs/cats in my state.
Please read and pass it on. This came from my local news site (clickondetroit.com). I also tried to go to the Diamond Pet Food site and they are no longer on the web (at least during this tragedy).
Diamond Pet Food is recalling Diamond, Country Value and Professional brand dog and cat food after discovering aflatoxin in a product manufactured at a facility in Gaston, S.C.
Aflatoxin is a naturally occurring toxic chemical byproduct of mold, which can cause sickness in pets.
The pet food was distributed to Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, West Virginia, Vermont, and Virginia.
The following products manufactured at the Gaston facility have been removed from sale:
* Diamond Low Fat Dog Food
* Diamond Hi-Energy Dog Food
* Diamond Maintenance Dog Food
* Diamond Performance Dog Food
* Diamond Premium Adult Dog Food
* Diamond Puppy Food
* Diamond Maintenance Cat Food
* Diamond Professional Cat Food
* Country Value Puppy
* Country Value Adult Dog
* Country Value High Energy Dog
* Country Value Adult Cat Food
* Professional Chicken & Rice Senior Dog Food
* Professional Reduced Fat Chicken & Rice Dog Food
* Professional Adult Dog Food
* Professional Large-Breed Puppy Food
* Professional Puppy Food
* Professional Reduced Fat Cat Food
* Professional Adult Cat Food