All Calico Kitties Welcome!

Niki MattsonNiki Mattson St. PaulMember Posts: 20,360
edited 19 November, 2007 in Party Time & Virtual Play Dates
Any beautiful calico kitties welcome! Calico kitties are special. It was a calico mother who pulled her five kitties out of a burning building. Any interested rainbow kitties out there?

Comments

• edited 27 February, 2006
    Oooh me me me!!! *jumps up and down* Hi Squeakers! My name is Mirabelle but everycat calls me Mira. Can I join in please?
  • MouseMouse Near Camborne,Member Posts: 43,591 ✭✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hello Squeakers and Mirabelle, I'm calico too. Can I join please?
  • Niki MattsonNiki Mattson St. PaulMember Posts: 20,360
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Well of course! Welcome Mouse and Mirabelle! What do you guys like to do to annoy your human? I bite feet and jump on tables! I bit Mommy's foot this morning before she left. I also got a shower in cold water as punishment. I don't like to be touched by anyone but Mommy. If anyone else touches me, like her friend Auntie Jen-Jen, I lick myself until I am totally free of her odor. Besides, she has a DOG! I hate dogs! I don't want their scent on my purr-fect fur! Dinner's ready, gotta munch!
  • Julia SaffellJulia Saffell AdenaMember Posts: 2,171
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hi I am Angle I am not a calico but I am a tortie so I have the right colors they are just all mixed up. Can I join you guys too?
  • Tabitha Smith-ElliottTabitha Smith-Elliott Gainesville/Hall County, GAMember Posts: 11,582
    edited 27 February, 2006
    This sounds like my kind of place!
    How do I annoy my parents? Let's see, I like to make bread on mommy's head at 3 am and I like to drink water, getting my face all wet and give pappa eskimo kisses at 3 am too! It's a good thing I'm so cute because they never would think of getting mad at me!
  • Robyn LesoskyRobyn Lesosky CincinnatiMember Posts: 5,076
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I'm a tortiouse shelled color calico!! I'm proud to be a calico!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Welcome Angle! Tortoiseshell, calico, whatever. We're cool, 'cause we have many colors! I'm on Petster.com, too, and I'm in a few clans like: Calicoes: the Rainbow Cat (Mommy made that one) Calico Killers, and I'm Not Pregnant, I Just Eat Alot. . .or something like that. I love being famous! I don't really like making biscuits too often. Sometimes I do it on Mommy's silk scarf. Hey, it's soft! I also do it to Mommy when she sleeps too long on Saturday mornings. I think I finally got my point across (let's face it, humans are slow!) Now, instead of sleeping in on Saturdays, she's going to try to volunteer at the Feline Rescue in our area. I guess that means she's going to come home smelling like other cats, which means I'll have to rub up against her for a long time to get my scent back on her. I'm not jealous, though. I'm proud of her. I wonder what those other cats will think when they smell me on her? I know! Then they'll know that she's MINE!!!!
  • Julia SaffellJulia Saffell AdenaMember Posts: 2,171
    edited 27 February, 2006
    my brother Peachy does the paw thing on moms head he also likes to suck on moms hair in the middle of the night. MOL Oh I would be so made if mommy came home smelling like other cats I am not one to share unless I have to. But I know that mom sees other cats sometimes I can smell them on her, I dont say to much to her I just go and rub on her then do my own thing.
    Hello ladies! My mom likes to say "Black plus orange equals evil" and she says my picture proves this. Obviously, she is just jealous! Don't hate us cause we're calico....! >^.^
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I know, Mom says I'm evil too. Humans, they just don't understand us, though they try, sometimes. Did you know: Calicoes and torties are 99.9% female? I guess toms just can't handle being so many different colors at once! Calico isn't a breed, it's a coloration. Well, duh! My mommy's Aunt thought it was a breed and she has a dilute calico at home! Grandma once told Mommy that I looked like a kitty who got dipped in a painter's palette. Nah. I am a work of art though!
    The genes for black and orange are both carried on the X chromosome, so in order to have both colors, you need to X chromosomes...so "male" calicos are all XXY males and therefore sterile! Also, the pattern on any calico cat is totally random--so if you were to clone your calico you would NOT get the same color pattern! This is because in every cell, only one of those X chromosomes can be active, and the cells decide which one will be active (it is a random event) very early on in development. CC, the first cloned cat, for example, was all grey, but the cat she was cloned from was a calico. CC did not get to express all her colors because the cells that were collected from her "mom" had already made the choice to express the black/grey and not the orange X! So, calico kittties, you are truly one of a kind and irreplacable!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hee hee, Mom always said that I was one of a kind.
  • Ellie(Elinore) ClarkEllie(Elinore) Clark Member Posts: 9,364
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hey, can I join? I need friends now that my perfect brother, Dakota has arrived with his "one color" coat. I'm not sure what I am, some say tortie and some say calico. What the heck, I am what I am -purrr purrrr purrrr. SOme of you guys look a little like me. Go multi-colored cats!
  • Robyn LesoskyRobyn Lesosky CincinnatiMember Posts: 5,076
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hello everycat!
  • Courtney K-Courtney K- WarrenMember Posts: 5,721
    edited 27 February, 2006
    They don't call me "Calli" for nothin'! Howdy Ho!
    Hi Diva, Calli and Sparky *does a headstand* How are you cats?
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hi Mirabelle! ::laughs:: You seem like you're having a good time... Maybe you would like to join Kitty's group, "All Kitty, All the Time"? I know that you would have fun. Why don't you try it out? Hmmmm?
    Um, okay! Sounds like fun! *falls over and shakes off*
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Oh Goodie! ::claps paws:: Then you'll be our first outside of family group member!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Welcome new ladies! Sparky, watch out for those garage doors! You are one lucky kitty, especially to have a brother, now. I want one too! Someone to push around, (especially if he's younger) show the ropes, all that. After all I am the topcat, or queen, no matter what, and so are you! Happy Sunday!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Oh, yeah, before I go do some more forum hopping: Kiko, you are very intelligent! You must read as many cat books as my Mommy! Purrs, head-butts and sandpaper kisses to you all! Catnip wishes and tuna dreams!
    Thank you for that nice compliment, Squeakers!
  • Ellie(Elinore) ClarkEllie(Elinore) Clark Member Posts: 9,364
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Yea, Squeakers, I had a time trying to get under garage door sensors. I'll show that little Dakota a thing or two. It's fun letting him know that I am queen too*dances on scratch box*. We have our times sharing Mom and Dad. I am their favoriate though so "lets dance" Life is good.
  • Tabitha Smith-ElliottTabitha Smith-Elliott Gainesville/Hall County, GAMember Posts: 11,582
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Just thought I would check in and see what's going on. You may know my sis Sweetie and brother Lemur. We, uh, have a rather large family. heehee
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hello Sydney, How are you. I'm from rather a big family too, Fun isn't it?
    edited 27 February, 2006
    *laughs* Mouse - I dont know about fun!! *winks* Have to admit, I get a little jealous sometimes.
    LADIES! It is Saturday night! I spent the day napping and preening and getting my fabulous self together for an evening of enjoying some really nice catnip (Mom says she MIGHT grow some for me!) and generally being a wild thing. Let's party!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Yaaaaaaayy Kiko! I spent most of the day watching Mommy clean, then she left, and came back with her Grandma and aunt, and I spent the rest of the time sniffing shoes and purses (I'm high on leather hehehe!) then I played the pretty little kitty while they took pictures of me. I guess I was "Best In Show" cuz I was the only cat there! Mommy's aunt has a calico cat too, but she's getting old and cranky, and she doesn't have half the colors I do!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hiya Calicos!! Where is everycat?? *looks around*