All Calico Kitties Welcome!

Comments

• Elizabeth BanchiElizabeth Banchi MorristownMember Posts: 3,382
    edited 14 November, 2006
    Hi Aprillee! Nice to see ya! :) Sorry to hear that your Mamaw(correct??) passed..
  • Niki MattsonNiki Mattson St. PaulMember Posts: 20,360
    edited 21 November, 2006
    Hi guys. Haven't been around for awhile. Mommy had the stomach flu last week and the human hairballs were flying! Then I got my new stroller! I went on a couple strolls, one, along with a dog, and when I got home, I meowed and meowed, especially in the middle of the night, and drove my Mommy crazy! Well, Happy Thanksgiving my pretties!
  • Tabitha Smith-ElliottTabitha Smith-Elliott Gainesville/Hall County, GAMember Posts: 11,582
    edited 22 November, 2006
    Thank you Tank. Yes, Mamaw is right. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving.
    edited 23 November, 2006
    Happy Thanksgiving! Sounds like you had fun in your stroller. ^.^
  • Holly RachelleHolly Rachelle Member Posts: 1,896
    edited 23 November, 2006
    Hey Calico kitties! Happy Thanksgiving! *brings in leftover turkey and stuffing* Hey i have some leftovers..... *sets them on table* Dig in!
    edited 26 November, 2006
    Mmm, nummers! Thanks P Cali *goes to microwave and heats up stuffing and turkey*
    edited 27 November, 2006
    Hey, thanks Cali! Turkey is great. :)
    edited 27 November, 2006
    *looks around while eating leftover turkey* Every single calico in here is beautiful.....and handsome (for the toms)! *laughs*
    edited 27 November, 2006
    I think there was one calico tom here for a very short time. He was a friend of Willie's. Haven't seen him (or Willie) in months
    edited 28 November, 2006
    I haven't seen many male calico's around either..
    edited 5 December, 2006
    bump
  • Tabitha Smith-ElliottTabitha Smith-Elliott Gainesville/Hall County, GAMember Posts: 11,582
    edited 6 December, 2006
    Good bump Squeakers! Ouch! MOL!
    edited 6 December, 2006
    Mol! How are your holidays going so far?
    edited 6 December, 2006
    Oh, I don't know. mommy hasn't gone shopping yet, except for online and grocery! She got the teeny tree out, as you can see. I wish she would get a climb-able tree. Oh well. I already got my big present this year, the stroller. How about you?
    edited 10 December, 2006
    We got our tree on wednesday and it was decorated today. The kittens find it more fun then Sarge and I do. We're used to it by now. This is going to be Wally's and Kanga's first christmas. They're already having fun hiding underneath it and sitting in the christmas nativity, mol. Mom had to do some shopping for a Dogster Gift exchange and for some of Sassy's and April's friends. Kanga-Roo sent a card to his pal Rocky Ann too.
    edited 11 December, 2006
    Got the wreath out yesterday, uh, as you can see in this pic, I was helping Mommy decorate! Mommy also decided to get the stroller out and take me for a stroll since it was nice out. Fingers tired, but you can read about it in my diary if you want!
    edited 14 December, 2006
    You know how we were saying there werent that many male calicos! I found out why! I ran across this when i was looking at cat breeds to see which looks like me: Tortoiseshell and related colors (blue-cream, patched tabby, calico etc.) are the result of a sex-linked gene and require two X chromosomes to appear. Generally speaking, these colors will only appear in females. Very rarely, these colors may appear in male cats, but these males are genetically abnormal (they have XXY instead of the normal XY) and are almost always infertile.
    edited 14 December, 2006
    Oh yeah, think Mommy read that somewhere. I just think that toms can't handle being beautiful calicos!
    edited 14 December, 2006
    500th post! Whoo hoo! I started this thread almost a year ago! January 9th! I think this is the only thread that I created that stayed "alive" although we had to bump it a few times!
    edited 16 December, 2006
    Hurray for 500 posts!!! I think I may have read that somewhere too. Mol, Squeakers!
    edited 21 December, 2006
    BIG bumps! This board got pushed to the second page. =( 4 more days until Christmas. =^.^=
    edited 27 December, 2006
    Oh oh! Can't have that! Tanks Tank! *giggles at her own joke* Hope every calico had a Meowy Christmas! I got some new toys, I discovered catnip, and I got a Chia Pet Cat Grass Planter!
    edited 29 December, 2006
    MOL! We have that Chia Pet thing. I had a nice Christmas. :) We got lots of cat nip toys and other toys.
    edited 31 December, 2006
    Happy New Year calicos
    edited 1 January, 2007
    Happy New Year!
    edited 4 January, 2007
    Bump Leo and I are going together!
    edited 6 January, 2007
    That's great!
    edited 11 January, 2007
    bump:-/
  • Meg SandersMeg Sanders BirminghamMember Posts: 142
    edited 12 January, 2007
    Heeey I'm a calico kitty and I'm beautiful!
    edited 13 January, 2007
    Hi Abigail! I'm Tank. |^|