Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

All Calico Kitties Welcome!

Comments

• Niki MattsonNiki Mattson St. PaulMember Posts: 20,360
    edited 27 February, 2006
    We're here, Sydney, at least I am! Heeeere kitty kitties! Yoo-hoo, where are you?
  • Nichole DwyerNichole Dwyer Member Posts: 2,118
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hello everyone,you guys kinda look like Sweetie.
  • Courtney K-Courtney K- WarrenMember Posts: 5,721
    edited 27 February, 2006
    ::carrying a load of items:: I'm here, I'm here! I just had a bit of trouble back at the house!
  • Tabitha Smith-ElliottTabitha Smith-Elliott Gainesville/Hall County, GAMember Posts: 11,582
    edited 27 February, 2006
    For heavens sake Calli! What all do you have there??
  • Kay JohnsonKay Johnson Member Posts: 2
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hi! I'm new, and I don't know what I am. I'm like an orange tabby/grey tabby calico or something...
  • Crystal HowardCrystal Howard Sunny Palm HarborMember Posts: 4
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Just wanted to drop by and say hi to all the calico kitties! First time here *looks around* and this looks like a nice spot to curl up for a bit. I look foward to getting to meet all of you calicos! Meows and Purrs, Chita >^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^< >^..^
  • MouseMouse Near Camborne,Member Posts: 43,591 ✭✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hi fellow calico's, It's been ages since I dropped in here. How is everycat?
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Welcome every new kitty! Marley, that's a neat description: caliby! Hey calicoes near and far: I got a new wicker basket! Actually, its Mommy's new bed, but, why split furs. It's nice and big and I really have to jump up to get up there! It's soft, too! Ahhhh. . . . .naptime
  • Kay JohnsonKay Johnson Member Posts: 2
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Will one of you nice kitties help me out with my avatar? Meow!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Sure. . . .what the heck is an avater?
  • Tabitha Smith-ElliottTabitha Smith-Elliott Gainesville/Hall County, GAMember Posts: 11,582
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I'm with you Squeakers! What does that mean?
  • Courtney K-Courtney K- WarrenMember Posts: 5,721
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Your avatar is like your picture. His isn't working on the forums-- that's what he means.
  • Elizabeth BanchiElizabeth Banchi MorristownMember Posts: 3,382
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hello!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hello Tank. How are you today?
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hello Mouse. In a sour-ish mood as always. I've been lounging about all day. How are you?
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I\'m great. I haven\'t been doing much all day either, just being lazy. Oh poo, Mom says that I have to go to bed now. I hope I get to talk to you again sometime. Good night.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Goodnight Mouse!!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    GoodNIGHT? at 2:30 in the afternoon? Heck, I have been sleeping for hours! I don't wake up until my nummies are served! Except for last night. Mommy came home from work very early, then she left me again! And she was gone a looooooong time! When she did come home, she brought Grandma with her. Then Auntie Jen-Jen came up, with that dog of hers! OH NO!!! They fiddled with Mommy's new bed for a while, and I got to play hide and seek with dog, that was NOT fun. They talked for a while and paid more attention to the dog, and they drank some fizzy stuff. They wouldn't let us have any, they said they didn't want drunken animals in the house! Then, Auntie Jen and Lyndi left, but Grandma stayed. So I showed off by showing them how I can jump all the way from the floor to the top of my condo! The humans were impressed. I thought Grandma would leave, but she didn't! She got into bed with Mommy, and there was no room for me! So I just laid on the floor like a DOG! So I played with Grandma's plastic bags. She didn't care, in fact, she thought it was CUTE! They tossed and turned a lot, I guess Mommy didn't sleep too well. I'm not sure about Grandma. Mommy got up this morning, and, but Grandma was still sleeping, so I had to walk back and forth from the living room where Mommy was watching TV to the bedroom, and keep checking on the humans. I'm pooped. Then Grandma got up and after a while she left, and I had Mommy all to myself again! Then she had to leave for work. Now she is home again, and we're finally alone. I guess you're right. Time for a nap!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Mouse could also be in a different time zone. You had a much more eventful day then I did!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hello Tank and Squeakers. Hee hee. Tank is right, I'm in the U,K so when I said goodnight it was 11pm here. Anyways, How are you all today?
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I'm good. How about you?
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hello again Tank. I'm good too, What are you doing today?
  • Tara WongTara Wong Ottawa/14th floor look-outMember Posts: 8
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hello, My name is Willow and I am new to Catster. My mom read this article about pets going online and thought it would be perfect for me. I am an only cat so this sounds like a good way to meet other cool cats but not have to share anything that is mine. I really do not share well at all. It is very nice to meet you all!! Willow
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hello Willow, Wecome to all the fun of catster.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    WELCOME Willow!!!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hey Willow! I'm Tank.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Thanks for the great Welcome Mouse, Sydney and Tank. This seems like a very friendly place. It is great to meet some other Calico Cats. I may be a bit bias but I believe that we Calico's have something special. Don't you agree? Willow
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Well of course! We're the rainbow kitties! Ever seen any other kitty with as many colors as we calicos and torties? Mommy added some more beeeeyooootiful pics to my page since Catster now lets us upload bigger pics! Check it out, I'll guarantee you'll have fun! P.S. Welcome Willow!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I'll go check out your pics! Mommy added some of me today too.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Fantastic Pics Guys. Sure looks like you enjoy having your picture taken. I don\'t mind it for the most part but sometimes my Mom just goes over board. And now that she has her new camera phone ,I am never safe. Sometimes, a cat just wants to relax.... Willow