Poll: How do you like to annoy your humans?

Diana MertensDiana Mertens Warner RobinsMember Posts: 5,435 ✭✭
edited 4 April, 2008 in What I Love About Catster
Here's my favorite way: When Mommy and Daddy are asleep, I tickle their faces with my whiskers. I also like to step on Mommy's hair so that it pulls when she turns her head to get away from my tickling whiskers.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited 27 February, 2006
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited 27 February, 2006
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FLIP RainnieFLIP Rainnie Member Posts: 80
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Oh! Boy! I have my mummy trained to jump out of bed at 5:30 a.m.to give me my breakfast, when I tap her on the head...IF she doesn't get up fast enough for my liking, I jump up on to a piece of furniture that has one of her favorite Elephant Foot Plants in a pot, and I start loudly ripping the leaves off it!! you should see how fast she springs out of bed!! Ha!, Ha! ...."No!, Pussydoo! Please not that!! ........Do I have control or what????
  • Tara ScarlettTara Scarlett RaynhamMember Posts: 196
    edited 27 February, 2006
    First I jump on Daddy, then I jump on Mommy while they are asleep, at about 3:00 am. Then when they open their eyes to see what's going on and pet me, I run away! HAHAHAHA! THen just as they go back to sleep, I jump on them again! TEE HEE! I also like to defy gravity and run around the back of the computer chair sideways!
  • Sandy ColemanSandy Coleman WashingtonMember Posts: 438
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I find the old bait and switch gets the most satisfactory results. For example, I'll walk up to my Mommy and pose adorably and blink my big blue eyes at her and as soon as she begins to reach down to pet me or pick me up I tear off as if the hounds of heck are after me. Or I'll demand the presentation of my bedroom water cup (to be on the bedside table by 6 pm daily) then, as soon as it's in place, I'll sniff it, detect something inadequate about the presentation, raise my head so that my disdain can be fully noted, then flounce off. I'm lucky that I have very long fur because a flounce is far more effective with long fur.
  • Diana MertensDiana Mertens Warner RobinsMember Posts: 5,435 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hey Rufus.....I used to do that, too! I tried to teach Zoe, but she never was good at playing "hard-to-get". Oh, well.
  • Sandy ColemanSandy Coleman WashingtonMember Posts: 438
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Gee, Roxanne, that's too bad for Zoe. Yes, the humans love you a little more, I think, if you constantly make them work for it.
  • Cheryl SimsCheryl Sims DallasMember Posts: 869
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I step on moms hair if she is laying down and I have to circle on & around her at least 3 times before I lay down on top of her.
  • Melody HartwellMelody Hartwell ParadiseMember Posts: 624
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Ha ha... Amber, you are so cute!! My mom's name is Amber. Let's see... how do I annoy my Amber (mom)? Well, I like to sleep on her head at night sometimes, and I also like to sleep and play on my puppy's newspaper that she has peed on... mmm... I love a good urine bath in the morning!
  • Melody HartwellMelody Hartwell ParadiseMember Posts: 624
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Ha ha... Amber, you are so cute!! My mom's name is Amber. Let's see... how do I annoy my Amber (mom)? Well, I like to sleep on her head at night sometimes, and I also like to sleep and play on my puppy's newspaper that she has peed on... mmm... I love a good urine bath in the morning!
  • Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Our mommy HATES it when I rattle the vertical blinds, either the ones in the bedroom when she is sleeping or the ones on the patio door during the day. She yells, "Stop it!!!" or "Quit!!!" And I'll stop....then go into the kitchen to rattle the cupboards. hehehehe I like the 'walking across the pillow and stepping on hair' trick, too. ; )
  • Tara ScarlettTara Scarlett RaynhamMember Posts: 196
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hey Arthur, that's how you know you've really annoyed them, when they yell. :) My Mommy only yells at me when I scratch the couch. She yells, "Hey! What'd I tell you about that?!?!" Tee hee!
  • Kirk IrthumKirk Irthum BrooklynMember Posts: 31
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Rufus, I do that bait and switch to my mom too !! Works like a charm ! Dad is tougher, but if he doesn't get up to feed me then I keep swatting at his nose or knock his water bottle off the night table. Gets him all the time !!
  • Jamie TravaleJamie Travale WesternMember Posts: 13
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I bite my mamma's feet in the morning! Not hard...just a little nip and just in the mornings. Then, when she pulls her foot away, I chase it and nip again. It's a fun game we play!
  • Shelly EasterbrookShelly Easterbrook SacramentoMember Posts: 1
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Meow! Let's see... Wake them up at 4:30 in the morning by getting into whatever stuff I can find in their bedroom. Attack their feet when they walk by me (yeah!). Get tangled up in their legs when they are in the kitchen (but this makes them bump into me and trip over me). "CRAZY TIME"...any time...any where...no warning! Lick water out of anything soaking in the kitchen sink. Try to see what mom is cooking on the stove/in the oven. Attack & try to kill kitchen rugs. Stand in the kitchen and meow for no reason. Rub on dad when he's laying on the floor reading and try to wedge myself in between him and his book. And my favorite... Jump on mom or dad's lap and flop down, causing them to try to catch me before I fall off.
  • Molly CampagnaMolly Campagna High Point, Greensboro, WinstoMember Posts: 4
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I like to subject everyone within a ten mile radius to my entire vocal talent....oooo and eat Mommy's plant, that's one of my favorites, I don't know why she cares, she can't keep a plant alive to save her life anyway ^.^
  • Vanessa LovelaceVanessa Lovelace Member Posts: 4
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I like chewing up papers and stuffs. Always annoys my mommy. Sometimes I do it when she sleeping at 4am. She really don't like that!
  • Marty MillerMarty Miller Kansas CityMember Posts: 12
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I like to jump up on the bedside tables and knock stuff off on the floor. I also like to chew on the corners of my dad's books and bat at the pages. He looks so funny when he's telling me to quit!
  • Kailie HicksKailie Hicks Saint JohnMember Posts: 116
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I like to annoy my humans by scratching and meowing at the bedroom door at 6:00 AM every morning to get them out of bed! That's what they get for keeping me out anyway! Oh, and scratching the couch is one that makes them real mad too.
  • Kailie HicksKailie Hicks Saint JohnMember Posts: 116
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I like to annoy Mommy by sitting in front of the monitor while she's trying to type her emails. I love to bat at the cursor! She'll just put me down and I'll get right back up. I'm very persistant.
  • Leah RiordanLeah Riordan TupeloMember Posts: 4
    edited 27 February, 2006
    My brother and I like to run across the whole house at night, wrestling, meowing, just playing... it's not my fault they are sleeping when we are having fun.
  • Lori MinerLori Miner BensonMember Posts: 21
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I like to howl at the top of my lungs and sound like Chewbacca the Wookie (according to my father) when I am hungry or when I want in somewhere. And I sleep by his head, which he grumbles about but I know he really likes it. I like to get in forbidden places (dad's closet, dad's study) and rub all over the place. My brother Sid loves to squeak and meow at every possible moment, follow my mom everywhere and be everywhere with her, and drape himself on her neck at night. This is not only annoying to her but to the rest of us.
  • Mellanee SMellanee S FlintMember Posts: 388
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I love going in the kitchen and opening up all the cupboard doors that I can reach and when mom comes in I take off and run, and I also like to sleep right on top of her head at night or touch my nosey with hers. She gets upset cuz i scare her at night and she says my whiskers tickle her nosey Hehe! I also like to beat mom and dad to the door when I know they are going outside and I hurry and jump on mom's back and wrap my arms around her neck! I love my mom and dad!! :-)
  • Michelle_KesMichelle_Kes EdmontonMember Posts: 5
    edited 27 February, 2006
    It's easy, I just jump on top of the speakers and bat at the blinds, or if they're not paying attention, I walk across the top of the tv. That get's em mad! I find something noisy to bat around, or I get up on mommy's desk and knock all the papers around!! In the morning it's fun to make a lot of noise. I bring all my toys into their bedroom and play! Sometimes I play fight with Annika on their bed! While they're sleeping!!
  • Connie UyConnie Uy WaldorfMember Posts: 10,578
    edited 17 September, 2007
    I like to jump on mom's lap while she's using the computer. I also like to jump on the dining table when Mom and Dad are trying to eat. Also go to my page and watch my video called "Ring my Bell" That one is self explanitory!!
  • Jennie DimickJennie Dimick Member Posts: 27
    edited 17 September, 2007
    hehehe I love to sleep on my mommy and daddy's feet, when they wake up...their feet are asleep, I also love to hog the bed, I usually kick one of the out hahahah meowwww:-h
  • Ellie PriceEllie Price HagerstownMember Posts: 2,365
    edited 19 September, 2007
    I go into the humans slumber room and call for mom about 2 am or so, then if that does not work I go to the dresser and knock down dads deodorant and lotion bottles. Then she gets up with the spray bottle and I settle down and go to bed. =;
  • Kerstin KaufmannKerstin Kaufmann Member Posts: 9,254
    edited 20 September, 2007
    up to now my favorite was vomitting catgrass on the non-washable carpet instead of the easy cleaning wood-floor aside it. my second best is the same Osiris has mentioned: standing right in front of the monitor while the human\'s working. trying(!!) to work. ...but actually there\'s so many good ideas in this thread...
  • Savannah ArnoldSavannah Arnold OlatheMember Posts: 146
    edited 22 September, 2007
    I annoy my meowmy by meowing in the middle of the night at her door while she is sleeping and I wake her up. And i never shut up untill im let into her room.:))!
  • Niki MattsonNiki Mattson St. PaulMember Posts: 20,360
    edited 23 September, 2007
    Just as Mommy is falling asleep, I get up on the dresser, up higher on the jewelry boxes, and I bang one of the pictures on the wall! That drives her BANANAS! If I don't do that, I clink the dresser drawer handles up and down while she's trying to sleep. I even did it when she got home on Wednesday. So she'd been sick and in the hospital? So what! I still have to do my thing! Also, in the mornings when she's in a hurry, getting things ready for work, I like to stand in front of her legs so she trips on me! And if she steps on my tail by accident and I meow really loud and make her feel really guilty!