Im new

Stephen MoreyStephen Morey FairfieldMember Posts: 1
edited 16 September, 2009 in New to Catster/Tips & Tricks
Hello just thought i would right to say hi and that I and my human dad are new to this and mommy and him have a ?. My human aunt brought over her cat for the week and I acted really different and My human mommy is probably expecting a new baby in 8 months what can they do to help me transition. I mean I love kids as long as they go home after a while

Comments

• Shawnee CShawnee C Danville, PAMember Posts: 181
    edited 16 September, 2009
    Welcome to Catster!!! hmm... i've never been around a baby before, but your mommy and daddy should make sure that you are supervised when around the baby, and perhaps when the baby is born they could bring home something with his/her scent on it so you can get used to it.... a blanket or something maybe...it will take time... us kitties HATE change and sometimes it takes a really long time to get used to a new environment but you might get over it quickly. Everycat is different. Good luck with the baby, and again... welcome to catster. My family has sent you a friend request and left you a few treats.
  • Ellie(Elinore) ClarkEllie(Elinore) Clark Member Posts: 9,364
    Good Luck CEE CEE Your human family must be ready and prepared for you and the baby. No cat is ready for an new addition and they must know you can be confused. Good luck to you all and welcome to catster
  • MARY HEFFERNANMARY HEFFERNAN Valley of The MoonMember Posts: 13,688
    Welcome, CeeCee! You might want to start a thread with your question in "Training & Behavior." Like "Question about New Human Baby" or some such. That's one of the fun things about Catster. You can get info from lots of books, but here other cats tell you their real-life experiences and how they felt and what the humans did.
  • Amber MunirAmber Munir Member Posts: 4,166
    Welcome! I hope you enjoy Catster! *gives treat*
  • Tabitha Smith-ElliottTabitha Smith-Elliott Gainesville/Hall County, GAMember Posts: 11,582
    Sending out a BIG WELCOME!!!!!!!!