How can I give Paws? And How does my cat get paws?

Heather HHeather H Satellite BeachMember Posts: 18
edited 27 January, 2006 in New to Catster/Tips & Tricks
My family keeps trying to give some of my friends paws but its not letting them do it.. and they checked off that they want me and my sister isis to have our catster pages rated with paws but there are no paws... Any Ideas?!

Comments

• Shannon BernardShannon Bernard Allegany Co.Member Posts: 269
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Your own paw ratings won\'t show up until you actually get rated by another catster user. Since the process is random, it can take a while--weeks or even months--before someone sees your page while using \'gimme some paw.\' There is also a setting in \"My Account\" that controls whether your paw ratings show up on your own catster page. To give paw to other kitties, look along the left side of your screen to where it says \'Gimme Some Paw.\" Clicking \"Give Paw\" is a completely random assortment of all cats on catster. \"New Additions\" randomly presents newer kitties on catster. These are the only places where you can give paw. There is no way you can choose which cats you give paw to. This is catster\'s way of keeping things fair, ensuring that kitties don\'t get ganged up on, etc. \"High Fives\" is simply a stroll of cats with 5 paws, you can\'t give paw to them in this mode. If you did find your way to these links and you meant that you are having trouble from there, well, catster has some fleas in the system at times. Sometimes we get a message that says \"Whoa, there\'s no cat there\" or something like that, and the paws you just gave don\'t get counted for that kitty. Usually the next paws you give work alright, but when I keep getting a message like that, I stop and just come back to it later. I hope this helps! It can be a little tricky getting to know catster. PS you were a very cute kitten and are quite a handsome adult! Grey kitties are Grey-t! Welcome to catster. Edited to make sure I wasn\'t posting gibberish!
  • Toffy_VanessaToffy_Vanessa Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Sounds like you gave the purrfect response, Lucy! I couldn't have said it as well as you. I love your Valentine's picture, such pretty colours!