Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

::Senior kittys meeting room number 2::

Comments

• Cyndi HorstmanshofCyndi Horstmanshof Spring HillMember Posts: 14,041 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Meow!
  • Julia SaffellJulia Saffell AdenaMember Posts: 2,171
    edited 27 February, 2006
    hello seniors
    edited 27 February, 2006
    oh Fee I just read what you said about the not driving thing. Mom was talking to grandma today onthe phone and she was saying that her sisters and brother have been talking about telling there mom and dad they are getting to old to drive. (that would be moms grandma and grandpa) Everyone knows they are going to be mad when they get told.
  • BruceTheBossBruceTheBoss Winslow, BuckinghamshireMember Posts: 37,079 ✭✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Aaawwww good luck Fee's Mum, hope everything goes well. Hello Speedy, how are you?

Bruce The Boss

• tiggerwigginstiggerwiggins PlacervilleMember Posts: 6,098 ✭✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hi Speedy! *headbutts* Oh that's too bad. It really is such a hard thing as it takes away their sense of independence. Tough situation :(
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hi Henry I am pretty good but I cant stay long :( dad has people coming over tonight so mom has to clean clean clean. How are you?
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Yes Speedy, it is going to be a challenge! Has anyone heard from Mitzi, or Chiefy’s family? We did send Chiefy’s mum a card.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hi Tigger *headbonk* I hate to run but mom has to go get the clothes into the washer. I will talk to all of you guys soon. Fee let me know how things go for your mom.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Thanks Speedy and Tigger. I have to be going now, too. See you all later.
  • edited 27 February, 2006
    Anycat still here? *looks around*
    edited 27 February, 2006
    See you later Fee and Speedy. Are you still here Tigger?

Bruce The Boss

*waves* Hello Henry! I didn't know you were here *gives him a kiss*
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Mitzi sweetheart *kisses Mitzi and gives her a hug* Hello, how are you?

Bruce The Boss

*sighs as tears well up in her eyes* I'm so embarassed by this.... But the tumor in my tummy has gotten bigger and it's making me have to pee all the time. I've peed on my parent's bed twice now and I don't even realize it! Mom doesn't know what to do now....
    edited 27 February, 2006
    *Hugs Mitzi* Aaawww don't be embarrassed Mitzi, we are all here supporting you. When I was having my seizures I was doing it everywhere, I know it is a completely different cause but I just wanted to tell you so you didn't feel quite as embarrassed talking to me about it. Have you returned to the vet? How does your Mum feel about it? *kisses Mitzi for reassurance* Are you in any pain sweetheart?

Bruce The Boss

I haven't been back to the vet but mom thinks she'll bring me in next week. Mom is really upset right now because she knows she can't have me peeing all over the house but she can't make me wear diapers or even keep me caged up. It just wouldn't be fair. Mom isn't sure whats going to happen at this point.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Mum is sending loving thoughts to your Mum Mitzi, she knows what a difficult time this is for her, she wishes she knew what to say for the best, but Mum would feel exactly the same as your Mum in that position. Mum says at times like this you have to know whether to follow your head or your heart, but she knows which she would follow. Is there a room you could stay in where you could perhaps not cause too much upset with the little accidents, but without having to be caged up?

Bruce The Boss

My mom wanted you to tell your mom that she's so grateful to have someone there who can understand how she feels. *smiles* Mom deals with people having to make 'the decision' on a regular basis and when it comes to animals who mess in the house, mom had always figure that, that would be the decision maker for her. I guess when it's your baby, it's never that easy. There is the family room in our house that mom could keep me in but she knows how upset I would be out there. It's closed off from the rest of the house so it would be very lonely out there. She couldn't bare to let me live out my last days in confinement. She's going to talk to my pappa tonight and see how he feels about this. My peeing problem isn't out of control but mom knows it will only get worse. *frowns*
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Aaaawww Mitzi, no I couldnt live with the thought of you being all alone shut out. I don't know what Mum means (I dont think she wants me and you to know Mitzi), but she says that she wishes sometimes where us pets are concerned, that nature would just takes it course and not leave the humans with "the decision", Mum only ever remembers that happening once out of all the pets she has grown up with through her life. She said it was still absolutely heartbreaking but didnt leave her or Grandma with that feeling of guilt for months afterwards. *Hugs Mitzi* Your Mum knows best Mitzi, and she knows whats best for you. We are lucky we have our special Mums to look after us. Please dont worry about anything Mitzi, you just enjoy whatever time you have left and ALWAYS remember you will be my sweetheart forever. Now Mum says she doesnt want to upset your Mum too much, but if she wants to talk, Mum is here, and we are going to pmail you Mums own email address if your Mum ever wants to chat human to human, she knows your Mum has lots of people to talk to, but she just wants her to know we are here too. How are the rest of your family Mitzi? How is that new sister of yours settling in?

Bruce The Boss

Oh how mom wishes that nature would take it's course more often. I know it's hard to look at it this way but mom feels that people with senior pets are lucky when they wake up in the morning to find their beloved animal has passed on. Making that final decision has always left mom with guilt and doubt. As for the rest of my family, they are good. Alanna is fitting in really well and us cats seem to like her except for Fallon who doesn't know what she likes. Hehehe How are you and your family doing?
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Gggrrrrr I can't see the posts again.....I am here Mitzi.

Bruce The Boss

I have that problem too sometimes *flattens her ears and scowls*
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Thats better I can see you now Mitzi...he he he. We are all doing good thanks Mitzi, nothing very exciting to report from over here in the UK. Oh Mum totally agrees with your mum about people being lucky when their pets just pass away peacefully during the night. Mum has had to make that "decision" once too often she says, and has also been the one thats taken Grandmas pets and Aunties too, because neither of them can cope and Mum could never let any of the family pets just be left at the "V" place without anyone holding them in their final moments. Aaawwww Mum says she better stop now, unless your Mum wants to talk of course, but if you would rather chat about something else then that is fine too. Does y0ur Mum have any nice plans for the weekend Mitzi? *hugs Mitzi tightly*

Bruce The Boss

Actually sweetness, mom has to get going. My parent's are having guests over for dinner tonight so she wants to clean up the house a bit. *smiles* Please tell your mom that she's made my mom feel better. The both of you are so very sweet.... Now I know where you get your great personality from! Hehehe *gives him a kiss and a hug* I probably won't be back until later on so I won't see you again today. Hopefully I'll catch up with you tomarrow though. Good bye and good night Henry dear
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Aaawwwww Mitzi, so sorry I missed you. Mum lost her connection and couldnt get back on. Have a lovely day my sweet, have lots of sleeps and relax, and dont worry about anything. Hope your Mum has a lovely evening. Love and purrs to all. Meow tomorrow princess. *Blows kiss to Mitzi*

Bruce The Boss

edited 27 February, 2006
    I am just going to curl up here and wait for my other senior friends to come along, whilst Mum goes for her dinner. *nods off dreaming of his Mitzi*

Bruce The Boss

• MouseMouse Near Camborne,Member Posts: 43,591 ✭✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    **tip toes in muttering to herself because she missed Mitzi**
    edited 27 February, 2006
    *Yawns* Hello Muffin my friend, good to see you. Mum was just going to get herself off to bed but we will stay and chat for ten mins now you have arrived. How are you?

Bruce The Boss

• MouseMouse Near Camborne,Member Posts: 43,591 ✭✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    More to the point Henry, How are you. I've just been reading back over the posts. Poor Mitzi. I just wish there was more that we could do to help. **wipes the tears from her eyes**
    edited 27 February, 2006
    *Hugs Muffin* I am not doing too bad thanks Muffin, all things considered. I am very worried about my Mitzi and her Mum and family at such a difficult time. I don't want Mitzi to worry about things, I just want her to relax and take things easy. Its a very difficult thing for me to say but I know Mitzi's Mum will know when the time is right. Also I know me and Mitzi will be together forever. I am still keeping positive for my Mitzi and keeping her in my thoughts at all times. *wipes tears*, We love the seniors room, but it upsets me and Mum knowing that there is often going to be sad news. Sorry Muffin for being so sad. I am glad you are here though.

Bruce The Boss