Kitty Strollers!

Carissa DuttonCarissa Dutton New Westminster / Burnaby / VaMember Posts: 122
edited 27 March, 2007 in Cats & Travel
Mommy bought me and my sister a kitty stroller about a year ago. At first we didn't like the stroller because it was big, new, and scary. Then Mom piled us in, and took just me out for a walk. It was scary at first, but then it was really fun. Mom thought that a stroller would be a better way for me to get around outside rather than jumping from the 5th storey window of the apartment (I'll post a diary entry about that later). Mouf and I really love the stroller now, but the humans want the computer so I'll have to post more about this later. Purrs.

Comments

• Carissa DuttonCarissa Dutton New Westminster / Burnaby / VaMember Posts: 122
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Usually when we Mouf & I go together, she hides in the back, covered section and I sit out in the open so I can look all around. I really like it when they take us down quiet streets so I can see what the rest of the world is like... Mom got our stroller from Kittywalk on the web. Here's 3 pictures of Mouf and I in the cat stroller: http://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/tags/catstroller/ Gotta run now! Purrs
  • Sapphire DarkmoonSapphire Darkmoon TelfordMember Posts: 77
    edited 27 February, 2006
    You both look so comfortable in the cat stroller! I have yet to go in one, before anyone gets a chance to pick me up i run off. Haha.
  • jen clarkjen clark StrongsvilleMember Posts: 1,099
    edited 27 February, 2006
    OOOH how cute! My humans are thinking of getting one for me too. Only they can't decide which one to get! I overheard the girl human saying she might be embarassed to push it around HA-HA but that she knows I would LOVE it -- she's right! The boy human is up for anything though! They are thinking of getting the one on this website: http://www.imapreciouspup.com/gallery13.htm The last one on the page -- the lime green one. Does anyone have this one and if so, do they like it? Also, has anyone ever bought anything from this website? Good/bad experience? Much Love, Saffron
    edited 27 February, 2006
    OOOH how cute! My humans are thinking of getting one for me too. Only they can't decide which one to get! I overheard the girl human saying she might be embarassed to push it around HA-HA but that she knows I would LOVE it -- she's right! The boy human is up for anything though! They are thinking of getting the one on this website: http://www.imapreciouspup.com/gallery13.htm The last one on the page -- the lime green one. Does anyone have this one and if so, do they like it? Also, has anyone ever bought anything from this website? Good/bad experience? Much Love, Saffron
    edited 27 February, 2006
    HEY! My posts keep showing up TWICE! How come? Hope this one doesn't!
  • MARY HEFFERNANMARY HEFFERNAN Valley of The MoonMember Posts: 13,688
    edited 27 February, 2006
    WE have seen pics of strollers. And they have Siamese in 'em!! We do not believe this. They must be stuffed *shudder* Siamese... Maybe it's because we are Oriental cats or because we are Fiends, but we would have that thing Shredded before you can say "catnip." We think we will stick to leashes for our tripping! jacques & selket, the fiends
  • MARY HEFFERNANMARY HEFFERNAN Valley of The MoonMember Posts: 13,688
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Now, now, Jacques! What my brother meant is that the strollers are a fun idea, but our particular sort tends to destroy things! (Geez, he put his paw in it again...) Actually, since I am getting, ahem, older, it might be amusing. Have fun strollin'!
  • Kirk IrthumKirk Irthum BrooklynMember Posts: 31
    edited 27 February, 2006
    My humans don't trust those strollers with me going bananas as I sometimes do when outside. My dad has one of the pouch type carriers that my harness hooks to inside and I can hide or look up and see my dad and feel safe. It looks like one of the "baby human" type carriers over the shoulder and around the waist strap thingies. I like this one best and so do they. I get to feel close to dad and still relax to enjoy outside trips.
  • Libby BreenLibby Breen WatertownMember Posts: 17
    edited 27 February, 2006
    My mom always takes me places in a pet taxi. She puts a nice soft towel in it for me to lay on. But I still hate going anywhere in it. Lucky for me, She has not hyet decdied totake me any where. It is been too busy r hot to take me to the writers club meeting and I'm not allowed up at the Zoo. Besides, I heard about some stray cats that happened to wonder into the lynx (wild cat) cage and were a snack for the bigger cats.How awful!!! I'm just happy to stay right where I am Thank you
  • Lisataime PowellLisataime Powell Member Posts: 1
    edited 27 February, 2006
    My mommy wants to make one for my brother Forsberg and me.. right now we have a soft taxi and a big, hard taxi that we hate. we have lots of fun in the parks, so I hope Mommy gets her plans straight soon!she has soooo many ideas right now. those big geese we meet at one park we picnic at are kind of scary, so she wants to build a really strong one for all 4 of us! she needs to find good wheels, like from a good stroller, do any of you know a good place to look? tack så mycket, Is
  • Jessica DoeringJessica Doering PhoenixMember Posts: 35
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Ha-ha! If my mom and dad bought me one of those, I would jump out of it. I like to run around outside. Screw the stroller! The darn kids in my apartment complex would still run over to me and try to pet me. They scare me sometimes!!!!
  • Jessica DoeringJessica Doering PhoenixMember Posts: 35
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I don't like to go outside. The kitty stroller might help me get used to it though. I'm afraid of other humans though. So maybe it's not a good idea.
  • Libby BreenLibby Breen WatertownMember Posts: 17
    edited 27 February, 2006
    My mom goes on line to Petco.com and Petsmart.com. They both have things like that. Dr. Pet store might have them. Even if they don't they will order it for you. I have a pet taxi that I hate. Whenever Mom gets it out, I run and hide.
  • Sarah FranklinSarah Franklin TampaMember Posts: 10
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I don't like going outside my house, but when I do I'm in my kitty papoose. I'm not a big fan of it, but it's better than my kitty taxi. Sarah and Kevin would like to take me on walks in a stroller, but I think I'd freak out even more than when I go to Petsmart and Blockbuster in my papoose!
  • Brenna TradainBrenna Tradain Springfield / Cats in the BelfMember Posts: 1
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I love the new kitty stroller mommy & daddy got us. We get to go to the park and watch doggies and kids. Sometimes, mommy and daddy will take us to the pet toy store and let us visit Eddie. I love the collar mommy got me there, now I'm all safe outside. Trance and Gemi are still a little scared of it, but I'm not...except when I have to go to the vet in it. I think I like it more when the stroller is just sitting at home.
  • Cyndi HorstmanshofCyndi Horstmanshof Spring HillMember Posts: 14,041 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Oh how cool! I think we may be too scared, but mommy is all excited! If she gets one, I know we will have to try it. It may be fun to go outside!
  • Sarah TotoSarah Toto TucsonMember Posts: 1
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Can someone send a picture of a kitty stroller?? Mama wants to know what they look like?
  • Lindsay PoveromoLindsay Poveromo Winter SpringsMember Posts: 350
    edited 27 February, 2006
    My mom and dad want to get me one, too. In a week, we're moving to an apartment with a huge nature trail out back and they thought I'd love to go on a walk in one! Only, does anyone have any brand recommendations? Something very comfy, but also very safe and secure.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Well, hehe I can only recommend the brand I bought. This is currently my first and only one. Kittywalk I checked epinions but nothing there for pet strollers, sorry.
  • Ashleigh JonesAshleigh Jones Middle of NowhereMember Posts: 92
    edited 27 February, 2006
    How do those Pet Strollers work?
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Ricky- Panther: Mine is basically like an umbrella stroller for human babies. Except where the seat should be, there\'s a flat mesh base. Then there\'s a metal-framed cage, with strong fibre fishnet. There\'s 2 doors: one under the push handles, and one at the front. They open at the base of the carrier, to form a little ramp. I don\'t know what the fasteners are called, but the fasteners are on a piece of leather. One half goes through the door, the other half goes through the carrier. Shove cats in, close doors, lock doors, wheel \'em out! Well anyhow, I hadn\'t noticed that anyone had posted here, but I was going to share my example of how Dotty really loves her midnight walks. I work from 15:00 to 23:30 and get home at 00:30. Hubby and Chaz (Dogster page) usually meet me at the SkyTrain station and we walk home. Sometimes we just drop off my purse, bundle the cats into the stroller and go for a midnight walk. Walking at midnight is easier for the cats as there\'s less traffic (both pedestrian and motor), less light, and cats are nocturnal. Anyhow, I get home tonight and Dotty runs out into the hallway (I live in an apartment so she can\'t get outside the building). I put down my purse, and walk into the hallway to scoop up the crazy feline, carry her back inside. Then, since I usually leave the door to the stroller open when it\'s not in use, I see Dotty inside the stroller (at the back of the stroller at that) and facing the door. That face seems to be telling me that she wants to go for a walk. Got hubby to take a pic, I\'ll upload it and share later and if there\'s any interest in seeing it.
  • Tabitha Smith-ElliottTabitha Smith-Elliott Gainesville/Hall County, GAMember Posts: 11,582
    edited 27 February, 2006
    ATTENTION! We interrupt this thread for an important announcement! Brought to you by Felix. Through me. Meow there, fellow Catsters... We -- my buddy Jacques and myself -- are trying to help out our friend Sweetie. Sweetie is a delightfully charming cat who loves to play matchmaker...only she hasn't yet found a match for herself. So, to help Sweetie find the cat of her dreams, Jacques and I are hosting the first ever "Cat-lorette." If you're up for the challenge of winning Sweetie's heart, be one of the first 25 cats to sign up in the "Sweetie" thread under Catster crushes. All "rules" will be explained there. There, you'll also have the chance to meet Sweetie, and get a sense of what she's looking for in a crush. Good luck to all, and look forward to meeting you in Sweetie's thread! Meow, Felix
  • Augie RayAugie Ray Member Posts: 2
    edited 27 February, 2006
    My human companions own a pet boutique and online store (JustPetStrollers.com) that sell pet strollers. I can tell you that we get a lot of very positive feedback from customers, and almost none are returned. If you have any specific pet stroller questions, please visit our site, our pet stroller blog (petstroller.blogspot.com), or e-mail us ([email protected]) . Hope this information is helpful, and happy strolling!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    YUP! That\'s right Sassy! I have this stroller click.click.click and I LOVE IT... I even sleep in it. It\'s the best invention in all of the world! Love, Saffron
  • BruceTheBossBruceTheBoss Winslow, BuckinghamshireMember Posts: 37,079 ✭✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Wow, they are amazing. We have never seen anything like that in the UK. You US kitties really do have some cool gear.....we wish we could get some of it over here. Me and Bobbie don't need strollers as we live out in the country, but we love some of the cool gear you wear, but Mum just doesn't know where you can get it in the UK. Is it made especially for us kitties? Happy Strolling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruce The Boss

• Shelley LimegroverShelley Limegrover LaramieMember Posts: 26
    edited 29 January, 2007
    I heard that some of my feisty kin don\'t appreciate the stroller. My mommy bought me one and I love it! I especially love all the attention I get when she takes me on walks around the lake near our home. Mama tried to put a harness on me on several occasions. Oh no, I won\'t have any of that. I play dead whenever that thing is on me. But I love the outdoors and I want to see everything. I think mama is disappointed that I won\'t even attempt to move in a harness like other Siamese she hears of, but I know she still loves me anyway. She should consider herself lucky to have one of the rare stroller-loving Siamese.
  • Juds ConneJuds Conne Member Posts: 10
    edited 4 March, 2007
    Having been working in animal rescue for more than twenty-five years, we simply do not have the heart to spend much of our disposable income on extras, but I have coveted, desired and drooled-over a cat stroller for many years. Last Spring found me in the thrall of need for a way to take more than one cat out for safe, fresh air. I found a child's stroller at K-Mart for only $20. That it had a design featuring Big Bird only added to its appeal. So, I took it home, took it apart a little, put it back together a little, and I had a vehicle on which I could secure one of the large carriers, and into which I could pop two cats. Our first walk was a rousing success and we've never stopped taking these wonderful excursions, not even during our colder season. Since then, I've gone to the hardware store and purchased a roll of heavy-duty, fabric window screening and some sturdy thread. I used a couple of industrial weedwacker strips to make the front curve out a little (below the awning), and with a small package of velcro made a door with the screening that overlapped the back of the stroller. An old bed pillow makes a great surface for cat napping and riding. It looks very similar to pre-made cat strollers that I've seen in the pet stores and at online places such as Foster & Smith (who have some really great catalogs, too!). Best of all, I have it for a few hours of noodling around, some sewing and less than $30. Oh, for colder days, I casually line the interior of the stroller with a piece of that silvery stuff called space blanket, and I drape a piece of polar fleece over the whole thing to help keep out the wind. One of my cats hates it. Three more like it, but not enough to beg for a ride, which is what my fifth cat does. When I get home, he hurls his considerable bulk into the stroller and sets to wailing until we go for a walk. Sometimes he wins; sometimes I sit down and have a cup of tea whilst he settles down, takes a reluctant nap and glares at me and my selfishness. They all take naps in it and once in a while a human will take pity on the current napper and give her/him a short ride around the house. We have floor-to-ceiling climbing stuff, tons of toys and games and we all spend lots of time playing and grooving together, but this silly stroller is the best thing that I've ever done for them. Except for the snuggly carrier I made so that they can comfortably be held by me whilst I work at my desk or computer.
  • Pat ParkerPat Parker ClevelandMember Posts: 382
    edited 4 March, 2007
    There\'s a group on Catster called Super Strollers. You can click Groups and then at the bottomof the page click Search Groups. Type in Super Strollers in the group box, submit and you will see their home page. You can ask Rocky Ann about strollers. She\'s the Admin. Or ask the other members.
  • Niki MattsonNiki Mattson St. PaulMember Posts: 20,360
    edited 4 March, 2007
    I love my stroller. Now that my Mommy figured out my bungee cord problem, and as soon as the weather gets better and the white stuff goes away, which should be soon, I'll be out there again. Yeah, Rocky Ann knows a lot about strollers, I am also in the group. She also has a lot of good links up on the group page.
  • ZACKandZOEYZACKandZOEY Cave Creek, AZMember Posts: 12,043 ✭✭
    edited 5 March, 2007
    ;c; I highly recommend Strolling !!! ;c; I highly recommend the Pet Gear Strollers, either the Happy Trails, Jeep, or AT3 models. (Be careful on Ebay about companies that copy Pet Gear.) I started off with the Happy Trails and now have the AT3. You can see pictures of my blue AT3 on on my page. I have a better stroller than most of the children in our area!! And everyone gets such a kick out me in the stroller. They think I\'m a baby and then you should see the big smile on their face when they see I\'m ME!! I have the nickname \"Lucky Cat\" by some neighbors. You can see lots of pet strollers on justpetstrollers.com . And check out : *SUPER STROLLERS* The Group is really growing !! If you buy a Stroller or are about to buy one, please ask for an invite to the Group!!