Careful: Catster Might Eat Your Rosettes!

AshPoGusAshPoGus AlbuquerqueMember Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭
edited 27 February, 2006 in Plus Fun
I've seen a few instances lately where multiple identical Rosettes have been left for a kitty. It's really a shame for the "giving" kitty to lose 4 or 5 Rosettes when they were just trying to give one. And it's not their fault!! If this has not happened to you, please be aware of it. It happens to me most often in the morning. I get the Rosette message ready and click on "Give the Rosette." It starts to process, then it "stalls" and sits there for a long time, and eventually ends up with that page with the message (I use IE so your message might be different with a different browser): "The page cannot be displayed. The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings."       Often, I can't even get back on Catster at that time. So, you think the Rosette didn't get "processed." Wrong! I've had it take over two hours to finally show up on the other kitty's page, though it was subtracted from my total and even showed up on my page in "Rosettes Given in the Past Month," long before it showed up on the other page. So, don't attempt to leave the Rosette again, even though it appears it did not get processed. And don't keep hitting the "Give the Rosette" button, when it "stalls". I know it's very frustrating, but it seems that it will get processed eventually -- so wait the 2 or 3 hours if you can. Otherwise, your Rosettes will get eaten, and that's a real shame. Sorry, I don't know the proper technical terms to explain all of this. I hope HQ will explain what is going on. I didn't lose any Rosettes that way, but there are some kitties out there who did. I wish Catster could replace them.

Comments

• Tabitha Smith-ElliottTabitha Smith-Elliott Gainesville/Hall County, GAMember Posts: 11,582
    edited 27 February, 2006
    *gasp* This happened to us as well Scooter. Thanks for letting us know we are not alone. Also - I think its happened to somecats that have given my family rosettes as there are 2 of the same thing from the same cat.
  • edited 27 February, 2006
    I haven\'t had that happen with rosettes, but I have seen it with my meow-mail. I once got that same error message when I was trying to meow a furrend. So, I went back and tried to send it again... and again... and again... and... I think I sent the same meow nine times. Fortunately, my furrend has a good sense of humor. MOL.
  • Cyndi HorstmanshofCyndi Horstmanshof Spring HillMember Posts: 14,041 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Thanks, Scooter...it JUST happened to us, but we didn't try again...it's just not showing on the cat's page. I bet it will eventually! It was tempting to keep trying, so I am glad I read this!
  • AshPoGusAshPoGus AlbuquerqueMember Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I hope I'm not giving you the wrong advice, Felica, but mine all showed up eventually. It did take a while, though. Check to see if it shows on your own page, as a Rosette given. I just feel badly for the kitties who gave 4 and 5 identical Rosettes, and I'm sure that's how it happened.
  • edited 27 February, 2006
    Thanks for the heads up Scooter! I've noticed a few cats with duplicate rosettes including my sister Fallon and wondered what the deal was.
  • Ann BassettAnn Bassett TallahasseeMember Posts: 139
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Thanks for letting everyone know Scooter. Mom said that cats are naturally impatient (just watch them at dinner time) and I told her the everything should work like a cat works, so there! My Mommy doesn't see the whole picture sometimes and you have to remind her that cats rule.