Kitty dandruff

Amanda LockabyAmanda Lockaby Gainesville, GAMember Posts: 156
edited 23 June, 2006 in Grooming
Since I was a kitten mommy and daddy have always given me a monthly bath followed by a fresh dropper of flea medicine. It\'s been 2 months since I have had a bath and mommy keeps running her fingers through my hair...she says I have dandruff...but I didn\'t know we could have dry skin. Does anyone else have this problem or know of a solution??

Comments

• Tabitha Smith-ElliottTabitha Smith-Elliott Gainesville/Hall County, GAMember Posts: 11,582
    edited 20 March, 2006
    Here are a few other threads that have been made regarding this very subject. Hope one of them helps you. http://www.catster.com/forums/thread.php?p=1&c=15&t=250811# http://www.catster.com/forums/thread.php?t=27408 http://www.catster.com/forums/thread.php?t=306146
  • Patricia HodgePatricia Hodge WatertownMember Posts: 14,819
    edited 21 March, 2006
    sometimes in the winter I do, I air gets very dry ,mommsie says cause of the heat being on.. she puts somekinda of mega fats on my food to help Bluie
  • Amber GonzlaezAmber Gonzlaez San AntonioMember Posts: 9,175
    edited 21 March, 2006
    Kitty Dandruff *blush* me too in the winter...
    edited 23 March, 2006
    edited 23 March, 2006
  • Hannah GleaveHannah Gleave ConnemaraMember Posts: 16
    edited 22 March, 2006
    I didnt realise others got this too. Here's my advice and what i do; -lick fur for approx 20-25 mins until dandruff surfaces to top -jump on mommy/daddy/annoying teen or other household pet -shake it baby! shake it!
    edited 23 March, 2006
    Soddie D!! M O L ! ! Great Idea! I will try it!
  • Ann Marie McNamaraAnn Marie McNamara IthacaMember Posts: 178
    edited 25 March, 2006
    my mom sees this a lot with the cats at the animal shelter she volunteers at, especially in the winter. She thinks it is the really dry winter air. It should be better in the summer when the humidity increases. Or try putting fish oil on the food -- that helped my fur when mommy first got me.
  • Niki MattsonNiki Mattson St. PaulMember Posts: 20,360
    edited 4 June, 2006
    I had dandruffy white things in my fur, and so Grandma had to give me a bath on Mother's Day weekend. We asked the vet, but the big-haired lady with the voice like Mickey Mouse didn't seem to be as concerned as the other humans. Well, Mommy's been brushing me more, and after that bath I have been eating more wet food, that helps, and now my coat doesn't have very many white thingies in it, and it's softer and glossier! Oh I feel pretty again! I guess that bath did help. Oooh but I hated it!
  • Kelly NegoroKelly Negoro TorontoMember Posts: 33 ✭✭
    edited 23 June, 2006
    I have this problem, my mommy doesn\'t know why I have dandruff either. She said I never had it when I was a kitten. My mommy says being brushed helps alot, it gets the oils moving through the b0dy. You can try to get your mommy to brushed you that is if you like it. That would probaly, just try that to see if it works.