Food switch

Sandy StewartSandy Stewart PittsburghMember Posts: 107
edited 9 May, 2006 in Food & Nutrition
My mom is thinking about changing our food. We\'ve been on Chicken Soup for the Cat Lover\'s Soul (first regular, now light) for as long as she\'s had us. I\'m a fatty, even though she feeds us 2x a day and only a specific amount. My sister Rogue is not quite as big as me, but she\'s no skinny minny, either. We don\'t get wet food (although she\'s thinking of changing that, too, but again she\'s concerned about the fat.) Mom has been having a hard time finding the food in the stores. So last night she went into a \"healthy\" pet store, where the owner promptly told her about Innova EVO. He seemed to sell only premium stuff in there including Wellness, and some other things he gave us samples of. Now. Mom doesn\'t want to put us on a raw diet, so that\'s out. I know Innova EVO is supposed to match what we eat in the wild, but mom\'s a little concerned over putting us on an \"Atkins\" for cats diet. She\'s concerned about possible kidney problems from that. She knows that we\'re carnivores, but she\'s a nervous Nelly. She\'s not real big on the Wellness, either because of the garlic in there. After reading all the labels of the samples, she\'s totally confused. Most of them have a really high fat content, and the last thing I need is more fat. So, as a fat cat if you had to choose (and not a raw diet), what would it be: Innova (EVO, Adult or Lite) California Natural Felidae Chicken Soup She\'s always heard if you\'re changing food, you should do it slowly, so she\'s a little wary about giving us all these different samples to try for fear it will upset our stomachs. Can you offer some suggestions for stuff Rogue and I might like that won\'t make us fat that will give my mom peace of mind that she\'s feeding us good stuff? Thanks.

Comments

• Karen LeeKaren Lee The kingdom of Mer-lotMember Posts: 89,020
    edited 9 May, 2006
    Perhaps these web sitse may help: www.catinfo.org www.catnutrition.org