Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Another One Year Catster Anniversary!

D JD J Vancouver IslandMember Posts: 195 ✭✭
edited 16 September, 2009 in Cat of the Day & Week
Hey Everycat! Our friend Scooter became a member of the One Year Catster Clan earlier this month and now it's her sister's turn! SooLing (In Loving Memory) is celebrating her ONE YEAR CATSTER ANNIVERSARY today!!! Of couse, we can't let this momentous day pass by without throwing a party for our lovely SooLing, and we all know there's only one kind of party that she'll consider worthwhile to attend... a CATNIP party! Catster HQ will provide the catnip cake and I've arranged to have a big pile of catnip brought in. Could anycats please bring some catnip toys and SooLing's favorite food... Long John Silver's Fish and Kraft American cheese??? There will be a live band... so put on your dancing shoes, all four of them, and get down and boogie! Let's make SooLing's induction into the One Year Catster Clan a rockin' good time!!!

Comments

• AshPoGusAshPoGus AlbuquerqueMember Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭
    edited 16 September, 2009
    Thanks, Baby. You know what my favorite foods and all that catnip will do, though, don't you? Put me to sleep! Can we have a slumber party?
  • D JD J Vancouver IslandMember Posts: 195 ✭✭
    Oooooh... a catnip slumber party... now that sounds like fun!!! The perfect ocassion to wear my mouse jammies with the four booties attached to them! : )
  • Vonda NarramoreVonda Narramore Member Posts: 3,081
    Meow, meow, Soo Ling, Congrats on being a member of Catster for 1 year! I will be happy to bring the Long John SIlver Fish for the party. I am sure there will be an abundance of Catnip for everycat. *Putting on dancing shoes* Let's party!
    Meow, meow, Soo Ling, Congrats for being on the greatest cat site on the net, Catster, for 1 year! I will be happy to bring the Kraft American Cheese for the party. I heard there will be LOTS of catnip for everycat. *Looking around for a lamp shade and a table to dance on* Let\'s rock! Did the party change to a slumber party? *Getting my 4 little kitty booties out of the closet* No matter, we will have a blast!
  • Cyndi HorstmanshofCyndi Horstmanshof Spring HillMember Posts: 14,041 ✭✭
    SooLing , congrats on your ONE YEAR CATSTER ANNIVERSARY!!! We will bring some long John Silver's delights and catnip treats for you! Look on your page we will leave a present! Love, Fee and family
    Thank you, Sassy and Pepper, and Fee, Gysmo, Bootzie and Mylo! You're all so thoughtful and kind. Thank you for the Rosettes. I'm going to go take a little nap and rest up for the slumber party. My Mom has to go out and get some special treats for us -- she'll be back later, then I'll bring treats!
    Mom is making us some of her vanilla suckers for desert. Yum, Yum, I love those vanilla suckers! I use to sneek one every time she made them. I would lick on it for a long time. *winks*
  • Anne WhitehurstAnne Whitehurst LongmontMember Posts: 5,024
    Happy Anniversary, SooLing! I guess you'll be wanting me to make the tuna souffle for the party? It's my specialty! MOL! Purrs, Gremlin
    Mmmmm. Tuna soufflé. Sure, bring it, Gremlin! The vanilla suckers will be perfect with it. And I can't wait for the Long John Silver's and some real Kraft American Cheese! Thank you, Gremlin, for the Rosette. Mom just got back from shopping -- the traffic was terrible, so she was delayed. She found these special treats. We can't have a celebration without cigars! Try these. Even you girls will like them, I guarantee. They're the best ever. There's plenty for everyone. Help yourself. When we're stuffed full of good food and catnip, we can snuggle up on these jammies for a nice long catnap. Can't think of anything better. Sassy, Mom's still looking for a lampshade that's perfect for you. Something with some fringe or those pretty crystals. It has to be very special. Now, where's the buffet table?
    It just dawned on me that I\'m going to be going to a kitty slumber party with all girl kitties! Or are there some other toms coming? ROFMMTO! Here\'s the souffle. Can I try one of those catnip cigars? Guffaw!
    Go right ahead! I think I got the link fixed so you can get to the cigars. Then click on the picture to enlarge it. Maybe Hairy will show up later. If not, you're one lucky tom!
  • Bobbie WindleBobbie Windle Columbia CountyMember Posts: 211 ✭✭
    Congratulations Soo Ling! Cinnabar and Ah would be honored to attend your one year Catster Anniversary. We will be delighted to bring some catnip chips ‘n’ dip and a carton of catnip coolers and some fluffy, pink catnip mice. Look forward to trippin’ the light fantastic with y’all. Purrs, Cairo & Cinnabar Flambeau
    OOOOOO! SooLing, You are right, those cigars will be a hit with both girls and boys. ;o) I can\'t wait to get my paws on one of them. That should make me dance even better. Especially with a pretty lamp shade on my head! MOL! And when I am tired out from all the dancing, I can put on one of those cute little nighties and be ready for a LONG peaceful nap. This is going to be one more party! Be sure and tell your Mom we appreciate all the goodies she has gotten for us.
    Gremlin, aren't you one lucky Tom, to be the only male among all these beautiful girls! I better go and see if I can round up a couple more Toms for the slumber party. MOL!
    Cairo and Cinnabar! Please join us. We need some more males here. Especially such good looking ones. Oh, look at the goodies you've brought!
    I just noticed I got my cake from Catster already! They don't usually come until the next day, after the one-year anniversary. We can have some of it, too!
  • Sharon LambertSharon Lambert StrathamMember Posts: 1,199
    I'm here, I'm here!! A little late, but I'm here! Cigars?? *cough, cough* Doesn't anyone know that smoking kills? SooLing darling...so nice to see you! One year on Catster, huh? Well congratulations sweetie. I hope your enjoying the wonderful party Baby has organized for you...she's so good at these kinds of things ; >
  • edited 16 September, 2009
    I can't stay, but Happy aniversary SooLing from Boomer the catster bird!
    Hairy, Hairy, Hairy, For MOL!, click on the cigar link SooLing put in her post. These are very SPECIAL cigars. Even us girls will have a ball with them. In fact, Sassy has already tried one. *Watching Sassy climb on the table with the lamp shade on her head* For MOL! Sassy, behave yourself!
  • Sharon LambertSharon Lambert StrathamMember Posts: 1,199
    Ah yes, the Catnip cigars, I remember those. Scooter has them every now and then. It just takes me a bit to get up to speed here. Well Gremlin, it looks like your not going to be the only gentleman here after all. I would never miss a party for my sweet SooLing *purrs*
    Be careful, Sassy! That's powerful catnip in those cigars. Don't fall! Hi Hairy! I was wondering if you'd be able to make it. Hasn't Baby done a great job once again. And all the food and treats everyone brought! Dig in! Pick out your jammies, too, for a little nap later on.
  • SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    Happy First Catster Anniversary, SooLing! Hello, girls! Hi, Hairy. Nice meeting you. I brought some catnip ice cream.
    Good to see you, Hairy and Aragorn! I really don\'t think Baby would have wanted me to be the only tom and to have got all the females\' attention--guffaw! Boy, that catnip cigar is great! I\'m feeling really good. . .
  • SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    Hi, Gremlin! We haven't talked in a while.
    Holy catnip smokes... it looks like I've missed a lot of the party! What a turnout! I thought I'd put on my jammies ahead of time for the slumber part of the party, and after I did I suddenly felt very tired and curled up for a short nap. It didn't turn out to be a short one! *blushes* Hmmm... it looks like everycat has curled up for a slumber. Oh, not everycat... there's Sassy dancing on the table with a lampshade on her head... again : ) We can always count on you Sassy to keep a party going! Now where's Gremlin??? Sassy, did you keep an eye on him to make sure he didn't get too friendly with the ladies? He's such a flirt : ) Awww... I see SooLing and Hairy napping under the willow tree together... how sweet. Oh look, SooLing is cuddled up to her catnip cigar and Hairy fell asleep with his in his mouth... MOL. I think he likes catnip cigars more than he's willing to admit : ) *winks* Well, I think I'll grab myself a stogy and lampshade and join you Sassy on the table... here I come!!!
  • MARY HEFFERNANMARY HEFFERNAN Valley of The MoonMember Posts: 13,688
    Happy Anniversary, SooLing! We haven\'t had the pleasure of really meeting you, but we know you through your marvelous Scooter... Sorry to be so late...we are glad we made it for long enough to wish you Merry Happy, and will see if cat mother will let us get our jammies and come back later! *leaves wrapped package of cheese balls* Party on and Enjoy! -=VIJAY & the fiends
  • TRACY YOUNGTRACY YOUNG New YorkMember Posts: 6,538
    Hey, where's our invite???? MOL Congrats beautiful lady from a fellow ancient one
    Mmmmm... VIJAY, these cheese balls are delish! What??? I wasn't supposed to open them... they're for later??? Oops! *giggles and blushes* Thank you for bringing them VIJAY... they will go great with Gremlin's tuna souffle! Welcome to the party Baby : ) I didn't know there was a Siamese on Catster named Baby... how purrfect!
    *streeeeeeeetch* *yawn* Oh, was that ever a good nap! *Checks the buffet table.* Ice cream! Thank you Aragorn. I love ice cream. And cheese balls. Mmm mmm mmm. I'm going to try one of those right now! I see theyve been opened. Thanks Vijay. It's so nice of you to stop by. There are some jammies back on the first page, if you didn't bring your own. One size fits all. Hi Baby. I've heard a lot about you. Join us. You might prefer the quietspot under the willow tree with Hairy and me. Or you can grab a lampshade and hop up on the table with Sassy and Baby -- the other Baby, that is. That's confusing, isn't it? Now I'm going to grab some ice cream and get back to my spot under the willow tree. Just about time for the "slumber" part of this slumber party. I snore, but just a little. I don't think it will keep anyone awake. Thanks everyone. Enjoy.
    Did I hear the words ICE CREAM?!! I've heard great things about Aragorn's catnip ice cream. I'll have two scoops please! SooLing, I didn't know you snore *giggles* I do too, but I'll deny it if you tell anycat! Has everycat noticed that Gremlin's jammies have a "potty flap" : )