Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

the newest addition

rachel brownrachel brown weatherfordMember Posts: 1,299
edited 16 September, 2009 in New to Catster/Tips & Tricks
hi all i'm Riddick! i'm the newest kitten to our house and i'm still learning and getting used to these dogs.

Comments

• Marie HallMarie Hall CummingMember Posts: 41
    edited 16 September, 2009
    Hi Riddick, Welcome to Catster!!! You know I can't get used to a doggie too!!! My mom brings one home every once a while (dog sits a friend's doggie) and I'm really not sure about that weird creature. My siblings don't mind him, but I get all puffy and hissy.
  • Gail RockGail Rock VALE OF PARADISEMember Posts: 3,336
    Hello you 2 and welcome..I am new too.. Funny thing I can't use to the dog either..OMG!! We have something in common,that's for sure.. Does your kitty's hiss at your dog's too..?? My dog is 4yrs old,and want's so much to interact,but she won't have it.. I have been told though time and patience.. Nice to meet you both and Good Luck..
  • Marie HallMarie Hall CummingMember Posts: 41
    Hi Ms. Angel, My mom will bring the doggie over for a week or so and then it goes back home. First I was hissing a lot and attacking the dog, but I got used to him. I still don\'t like dogs. My two siblings don\'t mind him! The sleep with him on the couch and Kocka lets the dog lick him all over!!!! I don\'t get it...are they really normal cats?