eating biscuits and vomitting!

naomi coopernaomi cooper sheffieldMember Posts: 2
edited 2 July, 2014 in Food & Nutrition
ayfer seems to eat biscuits and vomit them up all the time. we've tried different biscuits and our other cat minky eats the same type but he doesn't vomit. what do you think this is? also, she doesn't eat out of her bowl, even if we clean it. she takes the meat out of the bowl and eats it off the floor. it makes a big mess! do you know how to stop this?

Comments

• Diana GabaldonDiana Gabaldon PortlandMember Posts: 5,607
    edited 25 May, 2006
    Hi Ayfer, you might want to ask your people to put your food on a plate instead of a bowl. Maybe eating out of a bowl in not comfortable for you. As for the treats, my sister LuLu vomits after eating most kinds of treats. We have found only one brand that she can eat ok. Some kitties have a disgestive system that is more delicate than others. Good luck!
  • Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭
    edited 25 May, 2006
    Are you maybe overstuffing yourself? Dry food can swell up in your stomach when it gets wet and then is hard to keep down if you are already full. If it's not that, then you could have a food sensitivity. I like to eat off the floor, too, though I just do it with the dry stuff. Maybe your humans can get you a placemat?
  • Toffy_VanessaToffy_Vanessa Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭
    edited 26 May, 2006
    Biscuits? What exactly do you mean by biscuits? I certainly don't get to eat biscuits. Maybe you're just trying to tell your humans that you don't like eating them because you don't care for the ingredients in them and that's why you vomit them up.
  • Sue EnglandSue England Mount Druitt, SydneyMember Posts: 385
    edited 26 May, 2006
    I vomit from dry food, I do it for a number of reasons. Furball that needs to come up. Pigged out bigtime. Or reacting to the dry food. Can I suggest to ask your humans to feed you a MUCH smaller amount of dry food and see what happens then.
  • Yipee LadybugYipee Ladybug Member Posts: 3,805
    edited 26 May, 2006
    my mommy tried to make me eat tuna. even tho i *hate* the stuff. so to make my point, i vomit it for her to see. finally, she got the msg and stopped feeding me tuna anything. maybe you just don't like that biscuit???
  • Celeste EvansCeleste Evans HobartMember Posts: 181
    edited 29 May, 2006
    If you find a way of stopping a cat dragging food out of the bowl (and then off the placemat!) let my mum know! Hee hee that's my favourite thing to do - not normally with canned food or biscuits though, I do it with raw meat and chicken wings etc!! Hmmm in relation to your vomiting I guess you have only been with your family a short time? Just asking cos I was curious how long you have had the problem. Can you eat other foods ok?? IF so, it might be that you have a delicate stomach and are sensitive to certain foods. Maybe try some simpler food for a while - I think other cats in other threads have mentioned plain cooked chicken as an option. Good luck!