Torties - the ultimate in feline beauty

Marty MillerMarty Miller Kansas CityMember Posts: 12
edited 10 May, 2005 in What I Love About Catster
Hey, what's more beautiful and interesting than a tortie coat? What can we do? We're just naturally attractive. *Sign* It's so hard to be humble when you look like us.

Comments

• Kat KroganKat Krogan Los AngelesMember Posts: 69
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Nothing is more beautiful then a tori!
  • Kat KroganKat Krogan Los AngelesMember Posts: 69
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Siameses thats what!! Hey!
  • Diana MertensDiana Mertens Warner RobinsMember Posts: 5,435 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    The only thing that's prettier than one tortie is two torties....
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I don't agree with Zoe often, but I'm with her all the way on this one....and I was prettier than her, even!
  • Laura StachitusLaura Stachitus LockportMember Posts: 7
    edited 27 February, 2006
    It's true, don't tell Bonita this but I am the most beautiful cat in the house. Maybe even in the world, but I don't know very many other cats.
  • Amy LeatonAmy Leaton CarrolltonMember Posts: 3
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Wow, can't believe I've found this. My mom says I should have been a calico, but my dad says I am beautiful and I remind him of a impressionist painting!
  • Brian McFarlandBrian McFarland DelawareMember Posts: 24
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Yay!! Torties are awesome...I know, because I am one. My people think I am very pretty...and my coat is as soft as silk.
  • Elizabeth DunnElizabeth Dunn San Antonio/ College StationMember Posts: 22
    edited 27 February, 2006
    *bounces around like an idiot* I'm a tortie! I'm a tortie! I'm a tortie!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    *bounces around like an idiot* I'm a tortie! I'm a tortie! I'm a tortie!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Vi, quit immitating Mika! You are a black cat and an annoying one at that!
  • Deborah CreaseDeborah Crease Mayland, ChelmsfordMember Posts: 1,555
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I'm a tortie and I know I'm beautiful.
  • Kathryn LanceKathryn Lance TucsonMember Posts: 18
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I dare you to say there has ever been a more beautiful cat than me! Even though I passed to the Rainbow Bridge in January, my elegance and gorgeousness can still be seen on my page. Hatshe's Spirit
  • Kathryn LanceKathryn Lance TucsonMember Posts: 18
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Well, excuuuuse ME! I am Hatshe's youngest sister, even though I never met her, and I'm sorry, but I think I am just as beautiful. Besides, Hatshe was boringly symmetrical. I happen to have blond paws on one side and black paws on the other. Plus I can run faster than any cat but a cheetah. Gwinny
  • alyssa elkinsalyssa elkins east brunswickMember Posts: 169
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I'm a tortie too! One of my back feet is cream coloured and my humans have always been amused by it!
  • MARY HEFFERNANMARY HEFFERNAN Valley of The MoonMember Posts: 13,688
    edited 27 February, 2006
    [I don't belong here, but I loove torties! la la la hum hum...]
  • Sarah DavisSarah Davis LondonMember Posts: 15
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Don't forget the diluted torties! We blue creams are even more exotic. Meeee-rawr.
  • Gimli_TGMGimli_TGM HurstMember Posts: 29,929 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Dilute torties rock! Check out my awesome two-toned chin!
  • Katie WalterKatie Walter HoltMember Posts: 2,808
    edited 27 February, 2006
    My real sister is a tortie and she is really pretty but Calico's are pretty too.
  • Stuart AsbelStuart Asbel The Shellies Memorial Home forMember Posts: 3,367
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I'm really a calico, but my mama was a tortie, and let's face it...I'm gorgeous.
  • jen clarkjen clark StrongsvilleMember Posts: 1,099
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Me too, me too, I'm a torti... boy my roommates had noooo idea what they were getting into when I came to live with them! They had never even heard the word torti before! The lady at the vet warned them about torties and their tudes. I'm their first kitty, I mean *cough cough* princess, so they have nothing else to compare me to. They said they love they way I am and wouldn't have it any other way! They also said they love how fiesty and mellow I am, they say that I'm a dichotomy. I tried to beat up a dachshund when I was only four weeks old, I had her quivering behind her human HA-HA I only weighed a pound! My roommates have LOTS of torti love! I love to look at all the other torties too because we are all soooo different! Kisses to all my fellow torties! PS - don't you girls think we should get some sort of recognition? I mean tortoise shell isn't are breed but only our coloring but, suppose we wanted to do a search for torties? *weeps*
  • jen clarkjen clark StrongsvilleMember Posts: 1,099
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Me too, me too, I'm a torti... boy my roommates had noooo idea what they were getting into when I came to live with them! They had never even heard the word torti before! The lady at the vet warned them about torties and their tudes. I'm their first kitty, I mean *cough cough* princess, so they have nothing else to compare me to. They said they love they way I am and wouldn't have it any other way! They also said they love how fiesty and mellow I am, they say that I'm a dichotomy. I tried to beat up a dachshund when I was only four weeks old, I had her quivering behind her human HA-HA I only weighed a pound! My roommates have LOTS of torti love! I love to look at all the other torties too because we are all soooo different! Kisses to all my fellow torties! PS - don't you girls think we should get some sort of recognition? I mean tortoise shell isn't are breed but only our coloring but, suppose we wanted to do a search for torties? *weeps*
  • Cyndi HorstmanshofCyndi Horstmanshof Spring HillMember Posts: 14,041 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I don't belong here either, but I popped in to say that I think Torties are SOOOO gorgeous. What is the difference tween a tortie and a calico ?...and, are there any male torties? Purrs, Felica
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Well, Felica...I'm a calico....
    edited 27 February, 2006
    ....and I'm a tortie. But it's not always as easy to tell torties/calicos apart as it is between Miranda and me. The main difference is that torties have smaller patches of color, and calicos have big patches. My patches are really small, hers are huge! Some caliocs, like Nefertiti, have smaller patches, but they're still calicos.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I am Miranda and Zoe's sister, and I'm a proud tortie!!! I have a red blaze across one cheek, which Mommy read is "desirable" in torties. I've never seen a calico with that (but then, I was always the beauty of the family) Saffron - I'm baffled by what your Mommy was told at the vet about tortie "tudes". Zoe and I are both torties, but our personalities and "tudes", as she calls it,were as different as night and day! And she never heard of a tortie? Weird!!!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Rox, honey, she said her ROOMMATES never heard of a tortie, not the lady at the vet. Unfortunately, a lot of ppl don't know what torties are. Oh, well. Their loss. Selica: male torties are very rare, and the ones that do exist are usually sterile
  • Cyndi HorstmanshofCyndi Horstmanshof Spring HillMember Posts: 14,041 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    From your pictures, it also looks like Calicos main color is white, and Torties is black? My mommy had a lot of what she called calico kitties growing up. They all had 2 colors on a white back ground, and they were all female. Love, Felica
  • Leanne JenkinsLeanne Jenkins Port AngelesMember Posts: 73
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Yay! Dilute Torties Rule! We are sweet, even if a little pale...
  • Cynthia StichCynthia Stich Member Posts: 762
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I just joined Catster a few days ago - everyone is so nice and friendly here! Anyway - I am a dilute tortie with white - as are two of my kitty "sisters" in my family! Another one of my kitty sisters is a calico with some tabby markings ...anyway - what could be prettier than 3 torties and a calico!
  • Amanda WoodAmanda Wood AuburnMember Posts: 35
    edited 27 February, 2006
    My mommy tells me that I'm a torti...and the pretty kitty in the shiny thing on the wall certainly looks like a torti. All I know is that I'm the prettiest kitty that's ever been in my mommy's life (whether or not she agrees...but what do humans really know?). I have a question though...what's this nonsense about our attitudes anyway? I know I'm not acting strangely. When my mommy brought me home on the first day, she said to me, "And this, Callie, is your castle. You are the princess here." Sometimes my mommy tells my auntie that she made a mistake when she told me that...whatever that means. ;)