Torties - the ultimate in feline beauty

2»

Comments

• alyssa elkinsalyssa elkins east brunswickMember Posts: 169
    edited 27 February, 2006
    The difference between a tortie and a calico is that calicos also have white {piebald gene, which causes white spotting} and Torties do not.
  • alyssa elkinsalyssa elkins east brunswickMember Posts: 169
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I'm new to the tortie club, but here I am! I'm a little different-looking than most torties since I'm a silver patched tabby. But that's a kind of tortie, sort of!
  • Cyndi HorstmanshofCyndi Horstmanshof Spring HillMember Posts: 14,041 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Thanks Swirly, That\'s what mom thought ..... that Calicos have some white on them. btw...you are a darling kitty. Purrs, Mylo
  • MARY HEFFERNANMARY HEFFERNAN Valley of The MoonMember Posts: 13,688
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Uh, I'm only sneaking in here to catch a glimpse of Roxanne, my Tortie Angelkit--but really Mylo, you look like a leopard to me! Or are you in costume? he he
  • Dana DunnDana Dunn Member Posts: 2,587
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Another Tortie strutting through... Yeah I know I\'m a bit of a heavyweight, but that just makes me the Supreme Mistress of my house. I don\'t remember the beautiful kitty\'s name but I agree we need a search option all our own!
  • Lindsay ColbertLindsay Colbert Member Posts: 376
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I don't know about "beautiful", but the humans gush about how cute and adorable I am. They seem especially amused by the resemblence of my face to human freckles and my tortieshell butt. Humans are so weird, I don't know if I'll ever really trust things so weird that they fuss over our different colors... And they are always changing their fur colors! It's like they want to be a bunch of colors at once like us torties, but they can't so they just keep bing a different color every day.
  • Meg HarsenMeg Harsen ClarkstonMember Posts: 42
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Wow ! we are awesome arent we ? I already have a great kitty buddy with Zoe... why don't we all be buddies? That would be very very kewl.. We are beautiful kitties
  • S- KreuzerS- Kreuzer Southern halfMember Posts: 63,337
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I\'m a calico tortie, extra special! :-)
  • monique kusickmonique kusick staten islandMember Posts: 18
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I am a long haired torsoise shell, who has put on a few pounds over the years, and does not like to run. Walli was a terror when he was younger and insisted on wrestling and chasing me. I showed my displeasure on the bathroom floor. I only live in three rooms and recently moved to the third floor after my teanage human left for the third time. He is no longer a teenager.
  • Tabitha Smith-ElliottTabitha Smith-Elliott Gainesville/Hall County, GAMember Posts: 11,582
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Two tortie groups?!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jen clarkjen clark StrongsvilleMember Posts: 1,099
    edited 27 February, 2006
    HIIIIIIIIII CALLIE!!! ::WAVES PAW:: This thread was started waaaaaay back in May of '05. TORTI torti torti girls... we love our torti girls!
  • Diana MertensDiana Mertens Warner RobinsMember Posts: 5,435 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Oh, yes, there are actually two or three other tortie threads besides this one.....I wasn't sure if that was what was meant by "tortie groups". Because of course, Zoe and I have posted in all of them. Nebula started the fur-st thread, it was quite some time back. She hasn't posed in a while - I'd love for her to come back.. (blows kisses at Jacques)
  • MARY HEFFERNANMARY HEFFERNAN Valley of The MoonMember Posts: 13,688
    edited 27 February, 2006
    *with wiretap on tortie site* Got 'em Angelkit!
2»