A really cool carrier

Jennifer FrantomJennifer Frantom ChicagoMember Posts: 21
edited 8 July, 2006 in Cats & Travel
Hi everyone, I wanted to tell you all about the new carrier my mom got me. She bought it here. I know it is expensive, but they ship it for free. It comes with a soft pad that is comfortable to lay on, the top is dome shaped so there is extra room, and there are little holes all over so you can see and not feel so trapped. I usually get very upset going to the vet, but this time I just laid there quietly. I\'m not saying I want to go out again, but if I have to this is the way to go.

Comments

• Diana GabaldonDiana Gabaldon PortlandMember Posts: 5,607
    edited 22 June, 2006
    Hi Katie, my mom bought that same carrier for me a while ago because I got too big for my other one. I also hated to go into the carrier and would fight really hard. This one is so easy to get in and out of without stress. I also really like that mom can put her whole hard in through the hatch on the top to pet me without me getting out. Our last trip to the vet was much easier and all of the techs at the clinic just thought it was the coolest thing ever. We just got a new catalog from the place we ordered it from and it is on sale: Here
  • Jennifer FrantomJennifer Frantom ChicagoMember Posts: 21
    edited 22 June, 2006
    Good point Diego about getting in and out easier. It sure was nice to not have to be shoved in the little door like before. And the hole on the top is nice because I like to be petted all the time. My vet said the carrier was cool too. We are trendsetters!
    edited 22 June, 2006
    Katie, my mom laughed so hard at me while in the waiting area of the vet's office. She removed her hand and I saw this as an opportunity to escape through the little hole. Of course I could only get my head through. So there I sat with my head only out of the carrier. All the other people in the waiting room thought it was funny too.
    edited 22 June, 2006
    Well, I can\'t blame you for trying.
  • jen clarkjen clark StrongsvilleMember Posts: 1,099
    edited 23 June, 2006
    I LOVE THIS CARRIER! Thanks for telling us about it guys! I think I'll eventually be getting the gray one.
    edited 24 June, 2006
    You are welcome. We kitties have to stick together and help each other out.
  • Donna LenzDonna Lenz BethelMember Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭
    edited 24 June, 2006
    It's really nice! I use a Sherpa bag when I go to the vet. Mom took me once in a carrier and I was miserable. In the bag I just relax and watch the scenery.
  • Celeste EvansCeleste Evans HobartMember Posts: 181
    edited 6 July, 2006
    Hehhe nice one Diego! I can just see you sitting there with your head sticking out thinking: 'hmm now what? ...... oh great, everyone's laughing..... i hate the vet's...'
  • M RM R Member Posts: 1
    edited 6 July, 2006
    Yeah, I love those carriers!
  • Lindsay RoweLindsay Rowe ArcticMember Posts: 1,776
    edited 6 July, 2006
    Very nice, we're fans of soft carriers, but if we ever need a hard one, this looks like a winner. It's great that it has a place to latch the seatbelt.
  • Alice RamseyAlice Ramsey Piney Flats/Johnson CityMember Posts: 1,241
    edited 6 July, 2006
    Mom really liked the looks of this carrier. She especially liked that it can be seatbelted in. She did a search, and if you are a member of Sam's Club, they seem to have it online for the best price. She promply ordered me one. I just hope all 20 lbs of me will fit in it. Thanks for sharing the info on this carrier.
    edited 6 July, 2006
    Grover, you will definately fit into it. I am 16lbs and when I get in there is so much extra room. I can even turn around in a circle if I wanted to. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Mom put mine on the floor next to her computer table and when she is working sometimes I even get in it to sleep.
    edited 6 July, 2006
    Wow Diego, you are brave to go in the carrier on your own. I'd be afraid Mom would shut the door and take me outside. I hope you like your carrier Grover.
  • Karina O'RourkeKarina O'Rourke MarkhamMember Posts: 244
    edited 6 July, 2006
    Wow! That's a fancy carrier. Thank you for the link. My Sister will have to check out this page. PurRr..
  • Alice RamseyAlice Ramsey Piney Flats/Johnson CityMember Posts: 1,241
    edited 7 July, 2006
    Thank you Diego for the information on the size. Mom has mine on order. I can\'t wait to see it. I think I will like it much better than my old carrier.
  • Karen HollandKaren Holland BrookvilleMember Posts: 833
    edited 7 July, 2006
    That is neat -- not that we like carriers. Might see if we can talk Mommy into one later.
  • Joy ArmstrongJoy Armstrong SyracuseMember Posts: 4
    edited 8 July, 2006
    I do like that carrier but I have become accustomed to mine and do not enjoy change. I have a \"sac\" that has a head opening and tightens around my neck (not too tight!) that way I can sit up front with my mama and see everything while not being able to climb underneath the pedals of the car. I want to be covered but not my head!
  • Sasha FischlerSasha Fischler Los AngelesMember Posts: 166
    edited 8 July, 2006
    Our mom liked the looks of that carrier so much she ordered two! After lots of searching she ended up back at the site linked to in the first post. We don't have a Sam's Club membership and by the time you added in shipping at $11 bucks each from the other places, it turned out to be a better deal to get the carrier and the sherpa nap pad with free shipping. All us cats are going to be interested to see if mom can get us in and out of this new carrier without a wrestling match.
    edited 8 July, 2006
    That's great Diego. I think you and your kitty family will like the carriers once you are in them. When Mom put me in mine she shut the lid before I even knew what was happening. That was very sneaky of her. And she had left the carrier open for the week before so I could check it out and not be afraid of it. Mom had the same experience ordering the carrier. There are cheaper ones but the shipping is so much that it's cheaper to get it from petsnap.com. And I love the mat.