The Cat's Meow!

Angela CookAngela Cook ConcordMember Posts: 1,938
edited 3 August, 2010 in What I Love About Catster
Hey everyone! I love making new friends and thought this would be just the place! My name is Tango and I live with two dogs, and a bird! Sophie, the Rapper Dog is my surrogate mother! ChaCha, the Comedian is my sister! I feel like a dog most of the time, so that's not the problem! The problem is living with two females!!! It's a good thing that I have my freedom and I can come and go as I please! Otherwise...I just may lose my mind! Jump in and tell me about yourself and where you are from! I'm a North Carolina cat! Nothing could be finer, than to be in Carolina!

Comments

• Melody HartwellMelody Hartwell ParadiseMember Posts: 624
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hi there! I am a Reno, Nevada kitty cat. I live with my puppy, Lily. I used to live with my doggie, Zero, but he got sick and went to doggy heaven. So, now I play with Lily all day... we bite eachother and chase eachother around. I also like to lick her face, as if she were my kitten... mmmm.... puppy eye boogers... so so tasty! Before I moved in with mommy I was a feral kitty. Mom used to work at a Vet clinic and this lady brought 7 feral cats in there to board, until she could find homes for them. The lady convinced mommy to take me home because she thought I was a kitten (I weighed 2 lbs.), and I looked pretty sick, and needed a lot of attention to make me all better. So, the vet's checked me out and they found out that I was NOT a kitten, but rather a year old. I had been so malnurished living on the streets for a year that I hadn't really grown at all. I also had an icky eye infection and an upper respiratory infection. So mom gave me all these icky medicines and fed me lots of good food. She took me home and I wouldn't come out from under the bed, except for at night, for months and months. Then we moved, and mom took her bed off the frame, so I couldn't hide under there anymore! Darn! Then, my best friend, Zero, got cancer and passed away, so I had nobody to cuddle with anymore. So, I decided to fnaaly be nice to mom. So, after living with mom for a year, I finally came up to her all by myself, and now I just LOVE my mommy and want to cuddle with her all the time!! I have also grown A LOT!
  • Angela CookAngela Cook ConcordMember Posts: 1,938
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Bailey...You are my first friend here at The Cat's Meow!! I'm so glad that you joined me! Please come back often and tell me what's happening in you life! Wow! You live all the way out in Nevada!!?? I heard that there was lots & lots of sand out there??? You know I just love a good pile of sand! I am so sad that you lost your friend Zero! You will see him again at the Rainbow Bridge! Now you have Lily and you will be able to train her right!! You are very lucky to have a wonderful and caring Mom like you do! Thank goodness your paths crossed!! Talk to you later!
  • edited 27 February, 2006
    Hi Tango, I know my doggy brother and sister are pals with your sisters. Thanks for sending me a message. Wow, Bailey, you 've had a horrible life before you met you forever mummy. I am so glad you decided to want some loving from her.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Yep, Sparkle... I am one LUCKY kitty! He he. Hey, Tango... how is your day going? anything exciting happen?
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Nope Bailey...Nothing exciting today! Just another day of laying around! Oh but now we have new friends here! Sparkle & Inky are here! Their dogs are friends with my dogs! Look at their sites! I love Sparkle's picture smelling the flower!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Yeah, that is one cute pic! I've just been laying around too. We live on the fourth floor of an apartment, and I have been sitting my the open window all day... wishing I could catch those birds... they are just so close!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Bailey, I understand the bird thing! My Mom has Zebra Finches! Yum...kitty munchies...but I'm not allowed snacks like that!!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Ha ha... yeah. Once, mom babysitted grandma's parakeets and she put them on the dining room table... I just loved laying on the table and staring at them, and sometimes batting them around a bit. Today, our puppy, Lily, is starting to go through her "terrible twos"... she driving both mom and I crazy!!! She just won't chill!!!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Bailey, Sparkle & Inky...I will miss be around this weekend! Mom has family in from the West Coast! I will try to get away some at night and check in! See ya around! Hey guys...If we have any new visitors...will ya welcome them for me!??? Thanks!
    Hi Tango, Hi Bailey, I'm Inky (Sparkle's son) but you wouldn't know it to look at us - she's fat but I'm beautiful and long and sleek HAHA Last night I think I might have gone a bit far with Rosie - she was jumping all over me and biting my ears I was trying to stop her and then all of a sudden she let out this loud screaming noise and went running to mummy and daddy. she screamed for ages until mummy covered her in kisses. Anyway, mummy said there were no visible marks and thinks that she might just have got frightened. I'm glad I didn't hurt her really.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Oh my, inky! That is quite a story! Sometimes when me and Lily (doggie) play, we get really rough and I sometimes bite her (hey... she bites me first!!)... then she runs away whimpering... then about 5 seconds later, she is back to play with me again. Silly doggie!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    How was everbody's day today? Mine was lame.... mom took the puppy to the dog park and she got attacked... so mom has been cuddling and comforting her all day, instead of ME! Geez mom, the vets said the puppy is okay... so forget about her, and come cuddle with ME! P.S. I'm glad the puppy is okay though, but don't tell mom that I care about the puppy.... he he.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hey Bailey, Sparkle & Inky!!! I'm back and sure hate I missed you guys this weekend! Those people that were here from the West Coast had my mom running around all weekend! Sophie, ChaCha & I got a lot of love when they were around but it wasn't enough! We're spoiled ya know!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Tango... did you get lots of extra belly rubs and ear scratches since there were more people over there to do it? he he.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Oh Yea Bailey! I loved the attention!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    That is nice, Tango. Ha ha... for the first time today, I begged. I went and sat in the kitchen looking for tuna... and OF COURSE mom gave me some. She thought it was quite a step for me because if you have read my profile you would know that I didn't come near mom for a year, up until my doggy friend, Zero, Passed away only a few months ago. So, anytime I act more like a normal, loving kitty, mom gets excited. So, nonetheless, she was excited that I begged.... he he... now I will never stop!!! *evil laugh* How has your day been, Tango?
  • Mellanee SMellanee S FlintMember Posts: 388
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hi Tango and the rest of the gang!! I'm Chip and live in Flint, Michigan where the weather changes from day to day! And the birds tease me, along with the squirrels. My mommy won't let me outside though, I try and try to sneak out but she always catches me. I also live with 3 other doggies and sometimes I like to try and trick mom and get inline when she is letting the dogs out for potty but she always spots me and picks me ugh! Ugh! I just wanna go and play for a bit outside, but she wont let me! OK hope to meet alot of new friends here too!! Sophie and ChaCha are friends with my doggies here too. They are pretty funny too! OK many belly rubs to all of you!! Meowwwww! "The Chipster"
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Yep Bailey...You are learning the ropes of a domesticated cat! The more you get your way...the more you do it! That is a rule! I hang out in teh back yard of the neighbors. They have a bamboo forest and it's really cool there! Lot's of birds and the occasional cat in my territory! It's a great place! Chip so glad that you came over! I know what it's like not to be allowed outside!! I used to do the same thing and try to dart out the door! Mom finally let go of her fears and let me out! Now I'm always trying to dart in the house! I just can't seem to make up my mind!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    hurry hurrry someone hide me! i went and opened the bottom cupboard doors on mom and she wasn't very happy with me, she had to go behind me and close them all and now she is lookin for me. Hehehehe! I usually run downstairs and jump up on the ceiling and hide and when mom walks into the wash room, I hit her on top the head with my paw Hahaha! I'm a lil poop head mom says, but she says another word instead of "poop". Guess thats why she calls me Mischeivous Chip!! Ok I'm off to go hide on her, hehehe!! Night Night guys and gals :-)
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Ha ha, chip. You are one silly kitty! Yeah, I know what you mean about wanting to go outside too. We live on the forth floor of an apartment, and there are tall trees right in front of our window, and the birds like to sit there and tease me!! So mean!!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Ya know guys...It not all that out side!!! I tried for years to go out! Now that I'm out I want to be back in all the time! Outside is good for sun bathing and hunting but that stuff gets old! I have to deal with all the cats in the neighborhood and watch out for traffic! It can be the pits! As soon as we move...I be house bound again for a while! That could be in a year or so! Right now it sounds great! But when it happens...I'll be trying to get out the door again! I think it's just a cat thing! Hey Bailey, Inky, Sparkle and Chip...I've been inviting some cool cats in but they haven't come yet! Maybe they will later! Good night for now!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Yeah, Tango... i'm sure you are right about the outdoors... they aren't that great. I had to live out in te wild for a year, before mom saved me and took me home. But now I have a scar under my eye from livin' outside... so, I do feel a lot safer inside. But darn it.... I wish those tasty birds wouldn't sit out in front of the window, teasing me!!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Mornin' Tango, Bailey and the rest of the crazy cat crew!! Ma told me last night why she won't let me out, and it's cuz before me, ma and pa had a cat named Callie and she would go outside and one day, she got hit by a car and she didnt survive. And so Ma doesn't want that happenin to me, alot of crazy drivers on our road and its busy too. So If I wanna go outside I have to stay in ma's arms, which I guess I'll just have to deal with cuz I don't wanna get hurt and leave my ma. I'm glad they feel in love with my green eyes at the Humane Society. Maybe I should bat my green eyes more often! hehe! Hope you guys have a Meowriffic mornin'. Gonna go sit in the window and get some ray's on me. Will try to coem back later, my (doggie)brother bandit is under the weather today so Mommy is takin care of him and givin him lots of lovin's. Belly rubs to ya's!! -^ 0 ^- ~
    Hey Tango, Bailey & Chip - morning to you all. Inky and I are indoor/outdoor cats (we go out only when the weather is warm and usually stay in all winter) and we are only allowed out when mummy and/or daddy are home. We have to wear collars with our telephone numbers and a bell on (so mummy can hear us running around with the bell - we both hate having them put on!). We are lucky as we live in a quiet cul de sac and our back yard is steep at the end and goes down to a small stream and then up the other side is another stream and then fields. We have both caught tiny shrews which we take to mummy and she then takes them away from us (meany) and they have always been alive and unhurt so she puts them outside somewhere else. Inky catches freshwater crayfish - he thinks he is so smart but they are only about 4 inches long and he doesn't mind getting his feet wet. Mummy takes them away from him too and puts them back in the stream. It is fun outside but we love sleeping inside too - it's just about being able to go out if we want to and we love the weekends when we can come and go as we please. Mummy still checks up on us all the time and has to know where we are (more often than not, sleeping on the sunbeds in the basement! LOL
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hey Chip...What's the matter with Bandit?? Is he okay?
  • Tiena ElllisTiena Elllis GrotonMember Posts: 7
    edited 27 February, 2006
    HI everyone my name is Inka, I'm from FL but my mommy moved us to CT. I have a little brother named Tuxedo. He was born in CT. I have lots of fun playing with him, but he gets so rough sometimes and I have no front claws to fight back. I was adopted and my owner before my my moomy declawed me. I was also abused, but I'm so happy now.
    Hi Inka, I'm Inky! You look very pretty and so sorry to hear you are declawed. You have a good mummy now.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Inka...We are so glad that you have joined us! We have lot's of fun getting to know each other here! Inky looks a lot like you! Black is beautiful you know! I am the first yellow cat that my mom has ever had! Boy am I spoiled! By my Mom...and my dogs!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Nice to see you have joined our kitty clan, Inka! You are declawed, inka? Me too. Who else in here is declawed? I am microchipped... are any of you guys chipped?
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Where did everybody go? Nobody has replied to my post. Cat got your tongue? hahahahahahahahahahahaha