The Cat's Meow!

Comments

• Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I was just reading your thread and I wanted to say hi! I'm Beatrice (aka the Beast). I live in Michigan with my dopey brother Arthur and our human mommy. We are indoor cats, although we get to sit on the balcony sometimes with tethers so we don't get too close to the edge and fall. We have our claws, but mommy clips them so they aren't sharp. She has threatened to have us chipped before, but so far we've managed to dodge that bullet (no pun intended)! We've been on Catster since January, and we've had fun making new friends! We're looking forward to making more! :-)
  • Melody HartwellMelody Hartwell ParadiseMember Posts: 624
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hi Beatrice. Welcome to our hangout! Me loves new pals!
  • Mellanee SMellanee S FlintMember Posts: 388
    edited 27 February, 2006
    what's happenin all u crazy cats! Hi tango!! sorry im behind on answerin your post about bandit, he is much better now, Sophie probably told ya by now :) Well ma and dad are goin campin and I get to stay here and babysit mom's birdie Tee hee ha ha! Hmmm... I smell din din!! Ma already told me that grandma will be checkin on me to make sure I'm being good and not destroyin the house! Hi too all the new cats that have been stoppin by too, my dogs hog the computer all the time and won't let me on, ya know i have friends too guys! Its cold and gloomy here in Michigan today! Ugh! will the weather ever get right! Yesterday it was nice and sunny and now its cold and windy and rainin here and there. Makes me a sleepy kitty!! Ok I'm off to pounce on one of the dogs now, they are sleepin and its time to terrorize them haha! Meowwwww! have a nice day guys! If it's sunny where any of u are catch some rays for me too ^ O ^ ~
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Ha ha, chip... the weather here, in Reno NV, is always like that too... sunny one day, and cold and gloomy the next. Mom wants summer to come! he he he.... I have started this new thing where I lay on my back to stretch, and I get so comfy that I fall asleep mid-stretch... usually in a silly or contorted streching position. Mom is always laughing at me for it! Hey, sometimes stretching just feels so darn good that it makes me want to cat nap! Ha ha.
  • Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Thanks for the welcome, Bailey, and for being my new friend! :-) So, you're in Michigan, too, Chip? It was very dreary today, no sunbeams to lay in. :-( I guess it was raining because our mommy went outside and came back in all wet. I don't know how she can do that, I couldn't stand to get wet like that! But maybe she likes rain, since she loves that 'torture chamber' that she climbs into and drenches herself with hot water every day. Humans are crazy!!! Why don't they just lick themselves, like any civilized animal? Good luck with your 'babysitting,' Chip! Remember--it's always nice to share! ;-)
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Ha ha, Beatrice... you make momma laugh.
  • Angela CookAngela Cook ConcordMember Posts: 1,938
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Ahhh Beatrice...so glad to have you join us! I haven't been able; to get on the computer because Mom been a little down with a sinus infection!!! The pollen here is so bad this spring, and today was the lovely Sophie's Birthday! Boy did she ever get the love! I just layed around and ignored them! I love Sophie and gave her a couple of head butts and a leg rub, but then I took a nap!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    That's too bad for your mom, Tango. Be sure to give your mom extra belly rubs for me... no, wait... do humans like belly rubs? Well, I don't know about those crazy humans, but belly rubs always makes ME feel better! That's weird, though... cuz mom knows some people here in Reno that also have really really bad sinus infections.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I think Bailey's right, Tango--your mom could use a good old fashioned belly rubbing! I'm sure that would make her feel better. And be sure to let her know you're giving it to her on our behalf. :-) And tell Sophie I sent belated birthday wishes. Happy Birthday, Sophie! :-)
  • Tricia WolfTricia Wolf TampaMember Posts: 2
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hi, I'm Jackie. I live in Tampa, FL. I like Catster because I finally get the recognition I deserve. I live with my brothers, BaeBae, Little, Romey, and Jett(he is my sibling). I am the alpha cat and I have a way of getting all the attention. It is about time we cats have web pages but I don't really need one. I like to play 24/7 and I don't understand why my mom and dad must leave for work. I am so much more important. Anyway, see me on catster and be awed.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hey Jackie and welcome! I hope you stick around! We have some wonderful puursonalities here! You will be an added pleasure! Florida huh! Lots of sand there too!! I just love sand! My Mom loves the beach! Maybe one day we will move to Florida!!!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hahahaha..... I just ran into this cat, Mercedes, and thought you guys might enjoy seeing him. His pictures are so so so funny, and I love the most recent diary entry that relates to the pictures...hehehehehehe: Mercedes
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hey Bailey...Mercedes is one of my purrfect pals! She was one of the first kitties to ask to be a friend when I came here! I sent her an email and asked her to drop by! Maybe she will!?
    edited 27 February, 2006
    My favorite is the one where she is having the dental exam!!!
  • Janet CrouchJanet Crouch Member Posts: 1,209
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Mwah? Thank you, Bailey and Tango, for mentioning me here, and hello to everyone else! This is actually my very first post on the forum though a couple of my siblings have posted on a couple of other topics. I live in San Jose, CA, and there are seven of us kitties now, plus two dogs! Yep, we're like a barrel of monkeys and you have to have a good sense of humor to live at our house! You'll probably hear from my little brother Riley soon because he's very nosey and sticks his nose into everything...even empty Kleenex boxes!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Oh, I forgot to say HI to Jackie... welcome kitty pal! Mercedes, you live in a zoo! Ha ha. My mom wishes she could have that many kitties! Mercedes, tell your mom she is great at taking "candid" photos!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I see that everyone is having a purrfectly lazy weekend!! Beautiful weather here today! Sun is out and it will probably be around 70! Angela's planting flowers and I'm getting in the way! She shot the neighborhood cat JoJo with the hose! He was standing in the middle of the Robin's nest with a smile on his face! He just not the young man that he used to be! Too slow! Anyway it was the biggest mess of baby birds flying all around my head! Fortunately the babies were fledglings and had already been practicing flight! They are just scattered around the backyard now! Being very verbal! Oh well...enough of my exciting weekend! z-man
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Yeah, Tango. It is really nice here too... 75 degrees! Mom planted flowers too... but inside. She also planted "oat grass for cats"... yay, I will have munchies! Hurry up and grow! We live in an apartment, so mom's gardening fun is very limited. Also, mom took the dog to the dog park today for a few hours, so I got to catch up on some much needed rest! Playing with a hyper puppy all day is tiring!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Bailey...Was it your Mom over in a Dogster forum that knows how to make those buttons for those links???
    edited 27 February, 2006
    yep tango. why?
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Bailey...Willow sent me the way to do it but I have played with it yet!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    oh. cool! Yeah.. it is so easy to do. I wish everyone knew how to do it... it would make things so much easier! Sometimes I get tired of copying and pasting over and over.... but, as a kitty, I have a short attention span... so that doesn't help. hehehe. On one of the other kitty forums, someone mentioned this site called kittenwar, and it is so so fun! You should check it out! : Kitten War
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Kittenwar.com? OMG---that site is evil!! LOL Mercedes is one of our friends, too! Small world! ;-) Hey, Jackie! Good to meet you! :-)
  • Janet CrouchJanet Crouch Member Posts: 1,209
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hi Everyone! Kitten War! That was cool! Hmmm...if I'm too old maybe my baby brothers Reebok and Nike can be added! Boy, wouldn't it be funny to have a battle between those two!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    nah, Riley... you aren't too old! Mom put me on there, and I am 2 years old... not really a kitten anymore. The website should be called "kittywar" instead of "kittenwar"... so that every age of kitty feels welcome!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hey Riley...cute pics! Mercedes, glad your back! Yeah Bailey...I tried to put my picture in and I'm not a kitten, but there are too many people on there and it keeps giving an error!!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Yeah... I had a couple problems with that site too. Oh well. Tango, how was your day?
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I suppose we could always send some old pictures to kittenwar. ;-)
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Good idea, Beatrice! hehehe. How did your day go, Beatrice?
  • edited 27 February, 2006
    Hi all, hope you having a wonderful day. We are, we;re sleeping lots