Fonzie passed away today.

Lindsay PoveromoLindsay Poveromo Winter SpringsMember Posts: 350
Fonzie is gone. I cannot function. I cannot stop bawling. I cannot breathe. The hole in my heart is so big that I...oh my god, I don't even know. Fonzie began as a feral cat, sometime last year. We fed him daily and he lived on our patio. We bought him in for a neuter today to find out he was ill with Feline AIDS. Treating Feliv in a feral cat is nearly impossible and I held him in my arms while he took his last breath of life. We buried him under a beautiful tree, next to beautiful flower beds. He's gone. I'm going to be sick. I don't know what to do.

Comments

• Susan ArchambaultSusan Archambault Member Posts: 73
    edited 16 September, 2009
    I'm so sorry for your loss. You gave Fonzie what he probably never felt before...LOVE and for that, he will be waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge.
  • Lindsay PoveromoLindsay Poveromo Winter SpringsMember Posts: 350
    Thank you for your kind words. It's just so hard, how unexpected it was. I only hope he knows how much we love him.
  • Sandie PiperSandie Piper KamloopsMember Posts: 584
    Dear Fonzie and family: Your are in out thoughts and prayers on this night. We were so sorry to hear the news. We have left you a pmail and a rosette. Purrs and hugs, Brandy and family
  • Pam BonkoskiPam Bonkoski SuperiorMember Posts: 28
    So sorry for your loss....he was lucky to have you care about him. All my babies have been strays and have been such a blessing to me. They know where to go for help. Your memories will help you through this difficult time...Sasha and Smokey's mummy Pam
  • Heather BellamyHeather Bellamy Perry / StatesboroMember Posts: 5,506
    So sorry about Fonzie. It's so awful how devastating these feline illnesses are. I have Feline Leukemia and Feline Infectious Peritonitis and it's touch and go with me a lot of the time. It was a total shock to my Mom when I was diagnosed. Fonzie knows you love him, and he will be waiting for you to come get him at the Rainbow Bridge when you will finally be reunited. Until then, my angel brother Maximo (who also had FeLV and FIP) will keep him company and show him around. Purrs, Lucky Boo (& Sindri, Dutch, Sir Thomas, Luna, and Maximo (Angel))
  • Diana GabaldonDiana Gabaldon PortlandMember Posts: 5,607
    We are so sorry to hear about your loss. It sounds like you gave him a great last year of his life. Better than most feral kitties get. Our thoughts are with you during this difficult time. Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs - Diego & LuLu
  • Missy SmithMissy Smith ErieMember Posts: 1,536
    How very sad for you. I am so very sorry to hear about Fonzie... you are all in our thoughts & prayers. xoxoxo ♥
  • sharon goffsharon goff Coltishall, Norfolk.Member Posts: 995
    We just wanted to say that Fonzie at least knew love some ferals never ever have love. We know how you feel in a way we had something similar happen here. It is so hard but at least for the short time he had you. We will be thinking of you. Purrrrrrrrs from Mr. Snuggles and the whole gang xxxx and a hug from our mum Sharon
  • Jill McWhiteJill McWhite Duke City, Land of EnchantmentMember Posts: 1,098
    Fonzie, Welcome, it is not the end, just a change of scenery.
  • Tory EnglandTory England Member Posts: 73
    Good point Peanut! Welcome Fonzie. Purring for your family.....
  • Giniene RaymondGiniene Raymond FultonvilleMember Posts: 673
    We are so sorry for your loss of Fonzie. Our purrs are with you and your family. Just know that he is at the Rainbow Bridge with all of our other beloved Angel Kitties.
  • Teri SextonTeri Sexton Member Posts: 7,987
    Praying that sweet memories will soon fill the hole left in your heart. All your friends here at Catster share this grief, and are here if you need to talk, or just want to share a story about Fonzie.
    Thank you, everyone. Without your support I don't know how we'd get through this horrific time. It's not getting easier but I know it's still too soon. I purchased a Pet Memorial Kit and have been filling out the journal here and there whenever I get really sad, it seems to be helping. It was so sudden. One minute he was healthy and happy and the next they're telling me he has AIDS. The next thing I know I'm holding him in my arms as he slowly shuts his eyes for the last time. It was so fast and so horrible. I miss him.
    Thank you, everyone. Without your support I don't know how we'd get through this horrific time. It's not getting easier but I know it's still too soon. I purchased a Pet Memorial Kit and have been filling out the journal here and there whenever I get really sad, it seems to be helping. It was so sudden. One minute he was healthy and happy and the next they're telling me he has AIDS. The next thing I know I'm holding him in my arms as he slowly shuts his eyes for the last time. It was so fast and so horrible. I miss him.
  • Rachel HicksRachel Hicks Littleton/DenverMember Posts: 23,738
    I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my brother Spot one week ago today! he too was healthy up till Saturday night when he wouldn't eat. (He's never missed a meal). The next day he was diagnosed with diabetes which would require very aggressive treatment & his kidneys were failing as well. My mom put him down & still cries herself to sleep every night. Our prayers are with you.
  • SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    Yes, a sudden loss . . . . and suddenly, there is a hole in your heart, an unbearable pain. Please know that we are all here for you. So sorry for your loss of Fonzie. We are thinking of you in your time of sorrow. Purrs of Love, Athena, Apollo and Aragorn
  • no nono no noMember Posts: 11
    Meow Fonzie. You certainly gave him dignity and hope and love. :)
  • Juanita S WoodsJuanita S Woods ColumbusMember Posts: 105
    I know the heartache - a very physical real feeling - you are having now. Bless you for loving Fonzie so much - what a beautiful person you are. My prayers & my thoughts are with you.
  • Gina LaRoseGina LaRose New OrleansMember Posts: 9
    I'm so sorry that you lost your baby. I found my baby cat when I got home from work yesterday and it was too late to do anything. We don't know what happened, she was only 2 1/2 years old. I, too, have a huge hole in my heart and can't stop thinking about her. I try to think of the good times, but they are just blurred with my lonliness and sadness right now. I feel for you, and please just know that you are not alone.
  • melissa muttermelissa mutter West ChesterMember Posts: 10,189
    Oh Sake's family we are soooo sorry to hear of your sudden and unexpected loss. We are purring for you.