Maxx\\\'s Departure

no nono no noMember Posts: 11
On November 19, 2006 just 9 days after my 24th birthday, I had Maxx put to sleep. It\'s been very hard these last months and I often wonder if I need counseling for my loss. At first, I know this may sound crazy, I wanted to follow him. I felt I had no other reason to stay. But I didn\'t and I miss him so. I think about him at least once every day now, cry at least twice a week. To all who lost their pets, I know your pain, not equal but similar. Your kittes are surely happiest when they see you living and happy down here. I try not to think of the \"what ifs\" that come with euthinization as those thoughts are a sure fire way of bringing you to your knees. I hurt badly those times I remember sites like this and see Maxx\'s pictures again, but I am healing, slowly but surely. My landlord has tricked me a few times with pet contracts only to pull them before I get a chance to have anything. When she let me have my bird of three years and fish AND cat but after first payment on new apartment says no. I am still fighting to have a cat and may be close but she can still change things again... Sigh... I love you Maxx, wish you were here

Comments

• Rachel HicksRachel Hicks Littleton/DenverMember Posts: 23,738
    edited 16 September, 2009
    Just a quick meow to let you know that Maxx is one of the 1st kitties to help me when I got to the rainbow bridge. I was very afraid because I'd never been away from my mom or sister. Maxx told me that someday we'll see our families again up here. He also wants you to keep trying to get another kitty so you'll be happy. He says he knows that he'll always be your "favorite". :)
  • jennifer viscontijennifer visconti queensMember Posts: 2,157
    I just wanted to say how sorry I am. My parents know exactly how you feel- you are not crazy and your'e not alone. I want to help you feel better! Think about joining my group- it's open to everycat (that's an angel like us). Grieving takes a lot of time, and it helps to have others that understand. Lots of love, Bobbi http://catster.com/group/grp_page.php?g=3472
  • Juanita S WoodsJuanita S Woods ColumbusMember Posts: 105
    You are so sweet & brave, Maxx, for your touching words. It bought tears to my humans' eyes.