Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Norman died suddenly today!

2»

Comments

• Pat ParkerPat Parker ClevelandMember Posts: 382
    edited 16 September, 2009
    Dear, sweet Norman, we will find you and wrap our paws around you and together we will pray for your mom and family. Our mama will pray, too. She still misses us. Mindy, Suki & Molly
  • Pat ParkerPat Parker ClevelandMember Posts: 382
    To Norman's mom and family, A friend gave me this when my Suki was killed by a car and it helped a bit and has helped others. (I realize it is third hand.) "We who choose to surround ourselves with lives even more temporary than our own live within a fragile circle, easily and often breached. Unable to accept its awful gaps, we still would live no other way. We cherish memory as the only certain immortality, never fully understanding..." Irving Townsend I am in tears for you as I write this. I do understand... Suki's mama
  • melissa muttermelissa mutter West ChesterMember Posts: 10,189
    We still think of Norman frequently and hope that you are doing well. Purrs.
  • Misty ChristoMisty Christo OmahaMember Posts: 806
    Terrible news, this. My family and I are so sorry to hear you've lost your sweet Norman. This must be very difficult on account of the unexpectedness of your untimely loss. Please take comfort in knowing you are not alone and you gave Norman a happy and loving home. Words can neither express our sympathy nor alleviate your pain. We are so, so sorry.
  • Lindsay RoweLindsay Rowe ArcticMember Posts: 1,776
    We're so sorry to hear about Norman, what a beautiful kitty
  • Pat BeckPat Beck Spokane/SouthhillMember Posts: 878
    We are so sorry for your loss. We have a Bridge Sister, Heidi, and no doubt, she welcomed Norman and is showing him around. You will miss him, but, he'll always be right there in your memories and in your heart. Gracie, Checkers and "Mom"
  • Ellie(Elinore) ClarkEllie(Elinore) Clark Member Posts: 9,364
    So sorry about your baby Norman, but you can be assured that we, Molly and I will protect him here at the Rainbow Bridge". We loved our kitty sister, Sparky, and have a fondness for kitties. Our hearts go out to your human family-they know the pain of losing a fur baby. Brandy ( our kitty sister Sparky is writing for me)
  • meredith carrmeredith carr AshlandMember Posts: 4
    My owner lost 2 other cats. It\'s really hard when it happens but think of all the fun times you and Norman had. An mabey your family could get a new cat. I had a cat die and my owners got me! Just don\'t try to forget him. It\'s good to cry. You will feel better it just takes time. Remeber Norman had a good life WITH YOU. Good prayers from me and my famliy to you.
  • Nicky KhangNicky Khang VimontMember Posts: 190
    We're sorry to hear about Norman.. Cherish the memories of the good times you had with him... he knows that you luv & miss him... Our hearts and prayers are with Norman & you. Felix & his bros.
  • Carol KempCarol Kemp Bacons Green, Blackberry Bank,Member Posts: 298
    Dear Normans Mom and family, We are all very sad for your loss of Norman and sending lots of loving vibes to you all. Remember, he will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bride in the company of other kittys and much loved animals! Love and hugs from Mather, Pim, Nell and family XX
  • Jillian PoritzkyJillian Poritzky Coral GablesMember Posts: 793
    Dear Norman\'s mommy, My brothers and sisters are sending our love to you. We know how you feel. In time you may be able to open your heart and home to another kitty who needs you - just like Norman did. My mum did it, and it really helps you heal. Of course there\'s no replacement for Norman, he was a beautiful and good puss cat, but don\'t be surprised if he \"sends\" you somebody. That\'s how my mum got me! I hope you know that for many years you gave him a great life.
  • Jenna LuskJenna Lusk Pacific NWMember Posts: 2,034
    We are all so sorry about Norman. I had lots of time to prepare for Abbie's passing, but it was still the most difficult thing I have ever experienced. I know how you feel about Norman, because Abbie was just totally perfect, too. She's helping take care of Norman now and will give him lots of love. Peace and purrs to you, Jenna (the mommy)
  • Nancy MachaffieNancy Machaffie Member Posts: 16
    We have as I just learned, lots of friends here to welcome us. My human is still crying as she writes this. But as all of my new friends have told her, I am safe and happy and I know I will see her again one day. It hurts so much and I know she misses me; but I am here if you need me.
  • Anne WhitehurstAnne Whitehurst LongmontMember Posts: 5,024
    We're sorry for your loss, Norman's Mommie. Our Mommie knows how heart-wrenching it can be to lose a beloved feline friend, and we are sending purrs of sympathy out to you. Purrs, Gremlin (Rainbow Bridge) and Lucie