We Lost Our Echo Kitty

Jan ArmstrongJan Armstrong Member Posts: 6,559
We lost Echo two weeks ago today. This has been real hard on our Momma and she has not in the spirit of Dogster/Catster for quite a while. She is trying. A few of catsters already know of this and we apologize to those of you who did not know until now. Mom just needed some space and we did not feel up to placing a public announcement. Our very closest friends were informed and our lose did make it around catster a bit and in some of our groups. Our family thanks you all for your support, kindness, rosettes, and pawmail. We extend our apologies for waiting two weeks and those of you who have sent pawmail and rosettes, our family has every intention of answering them all. To assist us in this endeavor, we will be turning off our mail until we have answered each pawmail. We do not wish to leave anyone out, so to aid those who did not know of our lose until now and wish to send condolences, this thread has been started for you. For any catster interested, a catster stroll has been started in Echo\'s name to honor those kitties that have lost their lives to Feline Leukemia. Photo Tag \"FeLV Awareness\". Thank you all for understanding. Echo\'s Family

Comments

• Donna BillsDonna Bills Salt LakeMember Posts: 200
    edited 16 September, 2009
    ZZ is sorry about Echo Kitty my prayers and purrs are with you my human has had computer problems so I am behind the times. Love ZZ and the gang
  • Victoria KingVictoria King LawrenceburgMember Posts: 203
    I don't know you or Echo, but I am so sorry for you. My animal rescue has FeLv and FIV cats (as well as healthy ones), so I'm always grateful to people who are willing to give these cats homes for whatever amount of time they have left. And I know how sudden the crash from FeLv can be. I am truly sorry for your loss.
  • Robin BlewRobin Blew San FranciscoMember Posts: 1,063 ✭✭
    We are all so very sorry for the loss of your lovely little Echo kitty. Nothing can make up for the loss of a beloved cat who is a baby, a friend and a sibling. My family on earth still misses me terribly and my mom still cries for me, but she knows that now I am not in pain anymore and can run and jump and play and eat like a kitten again. I will be one of Echo's many, many friends at the Rainbow Bridge. prayers, purrs and love, Alice & her family - Dexter, Molly, River & Mom Robin
  • Jane ThompsonJane Thompson RaleighMember Posts: 2,910
    *purrrrrs* Meows can't say enough how sorry we cats at the Fur Palace feel for your loss. Echo can spread her wings and light up the Rainbow Bridge now, she will watch over you earthly angels!
  • Connie UyConnie Uy WaldorfMember Posts: 10,578
    We're very sorry for your loss. We've lost sisters ourselves. It never gets easier. Love and nosekisses to you and your family, Logan, Tabitha, Zoe, Samantha, Fiona and from the Bridge: Sabrina and Chiquita
  • Tamera SeippTamera Seipp Grand JunctionMember Posts: 47
    Icebox, We are so sorry to hear about Echo. We are praying for your entire family. Please keep us updated on how you all are doing. Echo is looking down from heaven and is a \"Heavenly Angel Kitty\" now. Purr & Paw Prayers from our entire family, Scooter, Buddy, BeDeBe, Molly, Jorch, Piglet & Sally Sue Ahroo (ATB)
  • Sara TanoSara Tano SacramentoMember Posts: 66
    I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Mommy had a kitty when she was a little girl that she lost to FeLV and I too left her last year due to possibly the same thing. It isn't easy and it's terribly difficult to look at your mommy and see her cry. I remember when mommy took me to the v*t the last time. She cried uncontrollably and couldn't let me go. I just wanted to tell her everything would be ok but I knew she loved me and I knew she would never forget me. I will keep an eye out for you at the Bridge! Look for me and we'll chase butterflies together!!!
  • Anne WhitehurstAnne Whitehurst LongmontMember Posts: 5,024
    Our condolences and purrayers go out to Echo\'s family both fur and human. What a beautiful black kitty she was! Purrs, Gremlin (Rainbow Bridge) and Lucie
  • melissa muttermelissa mutter West ChesterMember Posts: 10,189
    Dearest family of Echo, we are terribly sorry for the loss. We extend our deepest sympathy and purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs
  • Jan AllenJan Allen DallasMember Posts: 2,596
    so sorry for your loss. Our mommy lost Sugar and I 6 months apart after 17 years together. It is hard but time heals and God takes care of all of his creatures. Please keep the faith that you will see your precious baby again some day. Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • KE McCormackKE McCormack SeattleMember Posts: 236
    Icebox, All three of us and our mama are so, so sorry for your loss. We have a kitty ancestor who, partly because of grief, has never yet made it onto Catster who went away at 10 years old from feline leukemia. It was so sudden and so devastating to our family, and our grandma and our mama still dearly, dearly miss that boy. Please receive our loves, purrs, head-butts, and anxiously waving tails, as well as warm and loving thoughts of Echo and your family. Popka is at the Rainbow Bridge, and will be looking out for Echo with special welcomes and kitty kisses -- if he can get through the welcoming crowd! Dearest lovey purrs from, Pixel, MacIntosh, and Popka (In Sad & Loving Memory)
  • edited 16 September, 2009
    We are so sorry for your loss. How lucky you all were to have the time together that you did and have the love that you shared. It will always be there, that love, forever. Nina and Simon
  • Trish MatzTrish Matz MiddletonMember Posts: 1
    Me and my momma are devistated to hear your news. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers. My momma lost her smokey james when he was 17 and she's still not over it even 5 years later. Know that Echo will always be with you, and now hes healthy and pain free. Sorry again to hear the news.
  • Sylvia SmithSylvia Smith WoodvilleMember Posts: 10,444
    To Echo's human family and fur family...we are so very sorry to hear about the loss of your sweet kitty. My mom is still very sad from my coming to the Bridge on July 5th at age 19. We were best friends for so long, and she misses me so much. But she knows I am better off, because I had gotten so frail and weak that I couldn't do any of the things I always enjoyed. Mom fought really hard to keep me going, but it just wouldn't work. I'm keeping a close eye on her and will be watching to meet Echo. It sounds like he's going to be really overwhelmed by the welcoming committee here though! Mom sends her deepest sympathy and prayers to your mom... Purrs... Bonita and family
  • Samantha PittengerSamantha Pittenger NorthernMember Posts: 14,599
    Again, I'm so sorry furrr your loss. ((head bonks and hugs))
  • TheOddballGangTheOddballGang CharlotteMember Posts: 22
    I found Echo, hes such an nice kitty. I lead to the speacial section for kittys who have come here before their time. I also passed of FIV and mommy lost others to this also. We gave him a welcome home party.
  • Jill McWhiteJill McWhite Duke City, Land of EnchantmentMember Posts: 1,098
    So sorry to hear of your loss. But I will be here to greet you, too. I only had a short time with my family, but, oh how they loved me! We were both very lucky, fate broughy us a brief happiness for our earthly bodies. Our families were lucky too, to hold such precious beings, even if briefly.
  • Wendy TrivetteWendy Trivette Church HillMember Posts: 34 ✭✭
    We are so sorry about Echo...We know that doesn't make it any better but mommy has cried and cried reading his story. What a sad start and a sad end but as they say in Hope Floats, it's the middle that matters most. What a miracle that this little furangel didn't have to go through this alone but had two wonderful, loving people to hold him as he crossed that bridge. We sure hope he will be our friend when we get there.. MEOWs and PURRs Marino and the gang!
  • Cindy JonesCindy Jones HoustonMember Posts: 42
    Me & my brothers are so sorry to hear about Echo Kitty. You will be in our thoughts & prayers ~
  • pat eichbergerpat eichberger eldoradoMember Posts: 42
    sorry for your loss but echo will be in our prayers and your famliy. rex austin &dolly
  • Suzanne CushingSuzanne Cushing PembrokeMember Posts: 15,335
    I can't believe how much Echo looks like my Cowgirl. Her story is almost the same. She was abandoned with other kittys in her litter & she was the only one that survived. My daughter brought her home. Check out Cowgirl. #299848. Our hearts go out to you.
  • Rose JimenezRose Jimenez WestburyMember Posts: 351
    Dear family of Echo, Sincere condolences from both myself and my Mama Miss Kitty - also our Mommy on the passing of Echo. You are in our prayers and our hearts.
  • Toba HartmannToba Hartmann Long IslandMember Posts: 1,185
    Welcome home, Echo my friend!
  • Adriana Garcia-RomanAdriana Garcia-Roman HollywoodMember Posts: 4,134
    Icy and Family..We are so sorry for your loss, but Echo will be on ours prayers always..Rest in Peace Sweet Echo Purrs Cinderella, Simi, Ashlye & Sock
  • Karen BrockKaren Brock TorontoMember Posts: 5,152
    We are sorry for your loss of Echo. Many purrrrs for you Echo and your family. Purrrrr, purrrrr, purrrrr, purrrrrr. Tangee, Tigger, Spot, Po and Ollie from the Bridge
  • Heather BellamyHeather Bellamy Perry / StatesboroMember Posts: 5,506
    I had to leave my family because of Feline Leukemia too, after being with them only 9 months (I was old though because I found them after living the rough life as a stray for at least 10 years, so says the vet). I didn't mean to, but I gave FeLV to my brother Lucky Boo so he has it now too, along with FIP (I probably had that too). Mommy also lost a kitty to FeLV when she was only 10 years old. She knows how hard it is and how terrible Feline Leukemia is. Lucky Boo was vaccinated against it but got it anyway. We are very happy that Icebox and Hawkeye don't have Leukemia and will continue to pray for Mystery (last we heard she had to get checked for it again at some point). Anyway Mom says she wants to one day rescue cats with FeLV and try to find them homes because they can live a really long time with it. As long as they are only kitties, living indoors or live with other positive cats, they are no risk to others. My family's purrayers are with you in this hard time.
  • Diana PfenderDiana Pfender EvansvilleMember Posts: 3,808
    Reeses and Paisley Paws will be watching out for Echo at the Bridge. Our hearts go out to you in this time of deep despair. We know it\'s of little comfort at the moment to know Echo is healthy and waiting for you when your sorrow is so great. Echo will live in your hearts FOREVER and one day you will all be reunited in Heaven. God bless you and keep you. Love & Prayers, Reeses & Co.
  • Jan ArmstrongJan Armstrong Member Posts: 6,559
    Thanks to you all for your heart felt words. We are coming along. Echo is not the first of our furmily on the Bridge. We think Mom is having a harder time with Echo because no one knew she was sick until it was way too late and Mom feels responsible for her suffering. The one thing we can all learn from this? Always take the extra expense to retest in a few months. Mistakes can happen and although the virus has been contracted, it may not have made it into the bloodstream at the time of testing. edited: how did I get in here? - Echo's dog brother Dakota
  • Deb SmithDeb Smith RowleyMember Posts: 13,828 ✭✭
    Am so sorry to hear about Echo. You and your whole family are in our purrayers and thoughts!!! Many Hugs, Zoey
  • jane collinsjane collins SunnyvaleMember Posts: 107
    I am so sorry for your loss. Echo was a beautiful kitty and we will pray for you and your family and other cats who must be so sad.