Black Cats

Ashley SandersAshley Sanders West BendMember Posts: 45
edited 11 May, 2005 in What I Love About Catster
Are there any black cats out there like me? My Mommy loves black kitties and so do I!

Comments

• Laura StachitusLaura Stachitus LockportMember Posts: 7
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I'm a black cat. Mom says I look like a bowling ball, whatever that is. Now, I heard this rumor about black cats being bad luck or something. And I just have to tell you that that is just crazy talk. I bring nothing but good luck to anyone who is blessed with my company.
  • Ashley SandersAshley Sanders West BendMember Posts: 45
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Who could ever think that black cats are bad luck! Do I look like bad luck! I just want to be loved. My Mommy calls me her little black panther.
  • Nancy HornbergerNancy Hornberger Commerce Twp.Member Posts: 3,723
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I am a big black lovable cat. Okay, so I only love my Mom & Dad. I tend to have issues with other humans. I don't like the poop machines (dogs) either. The new kitten gets on my last nerve. Okay, let me re-phrase my first statement, I am a big black cat with issues. All I know is black cats rule. I can hide is a dimly lit room and trip anybody who walks by me, let's see an orange or white cat do that! MEOW!
  • Mellanee SMellanee S FlintMember Posts: 388
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I'm a Black Cat too guys!! Ppl love my green eyes! they always comment about them. Mom too calls me a panther, only cuz when I get really ticked at seeing another dog or cat in my yard I tend to sound like a panther when I hiss or do my mean meow. But another than that I'm lovable too!
  • Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Wow, a gathering of black kitties on Friday the 13th...how appropriate! ;-) My mommy calls me a bowling ball, too! Maybe it's because of my round little tummy. Black cats are the best! Bad luck?? It's bad luck NOT to have one of us in your life!
  • Carla HarringtonCarla Harrington BrisbaneMember Posts: 10
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I'm a black cat too! But I do have a little white puff on my chest :)
  • Kirk IrthumKirk Irthum BrooklynMember Posts: 31
    edited 27 February, 2006
    My dad always call me "fierce panther" when he is playing tag with me . I saw a real panther on tv and dad speaks true !! Don't blow my image cuz I am really a chicken so I can get my dad and mom to hug me for protection...LOL
  • Nancy HornbergerNancy Hornberger Commerce Twp.Member Posts: 3,723
    edited 27 February, 2006
    My Mommy says she has a hard time getting a good picture of my because i am so dark, do your humans find this to be a problem too?
  • SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Mom always wanted a long-haired, black cat. Well, she finally got me! Yes, it is hard to take a good picture of a black cat. You usually wind up with a black hole with eyes. In most countries a black cat is considered good luck. One time I chased a stray dog down the street. I puffed up my fur so much, Mom said I looked like a 25 lb. bowling ball! Mom always had to carry me when we went to the barn at night. If she would put me down, I would sit there, looking up at her, with my tail wrapped around my feet, looking so cool. She would turn away for a second and I would be gone, into the night!
  • Elizabeth DunnElizabeth Dunn San Antonio/ College StationMember Posts: 22
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Ooh, look at me I'm beawwwwtiful! I purr like a hedge trimmer too! My brother is black too but not as cute as I am.
  • Elizabeth DunnElizabeth Dunn San Antonio/ College StationMember Posts: 22
    edited 27 February, 2006
    *mocks* "...not as cute as me!" Please! What a dummie. We look just alike. Why do you think Mom gave me a blue bell and you a flowery (ick, girly stuff) bell? Girls are rotten. Take that! I vant to suck your blood *evil cackle*
  • Amber MunirAmber Munir Member Posts: 4,166
    edited 27 February, 2006
    We all know that black is the color! I just hate how people are mean to we black cats! It's so mean! How could you hurt a face like this! ;(
  • Steve WilliamsSteve Williams Mississauga/ErindaleMember Posts: 2
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I'm Black, long-haired, Green-eyed, and Beautiful! I like sitting and sleeping on the laps of the two Human minions who take care of my every wish, but am not too fond of visitors. I think the pictures of me are very good, not a "Black cloud with eyes," N'est ce-pas?
  • edited 27 February, 2006
    I'm a black cat too but I have a tiny white bib on my chest. My mummy used to own a black before me too, her name was Carrie
    edited 27 February, 2006
    All of us are so beautiful black cats of the night! Mommy says I'm a panther too coz I like to GROWL!!!! I love that it's hard to see me at night because it makes it hard for Mommy and Daddy to get me out of thier room. They have since given up. I'm so cute wouldn't you want me to sleep on your bed? I can't help it that I get bored at night! I have to knock things off the shelves to wake them up. Who wants to sleep all night anyway? Also being black makes me really good at hide and seek!!!!
  • Carrie and Sean KinnearCarrie and Sean Kinnear ChesapeakeMember Posts: 2
    edited 27 February, 2006
    No cats are ever bad luck, black or not! One strange comment here - in England, black cats are considered to be good luck. Just a bit of trivia there. My mommy and daddy call me their "mini panther". I am very muscular and heavy and love to jump on their chest when they are asleep. haha! I may look evil but really I am just a ball of fluffy love, as is my brother Oliver( he isn't black though). So to all the black cats out there.....can I say hello!!!!!!!!
  • April CurranApril Curran FresnoMember Posts: 1,026
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hi, My nick name is claws cause I wouln't let the humans cut my nails. My name, Samhain, means Halloween. Cool huh!!
  • April CurranApril Curran FresnoMember Posts: 1,026
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Ravens my name and I use to climb up my humans leg in order to pearch on their sholder. Now I jump off of the tops of doors on to my humans. No other cat in my house can pearch on doors.
  • Tara ScarlettTara Scarlett RaynhamMember Posts: 196
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Mommy says it's near IMPOSSIBLE, to show off how really beautiful a black cat is. That's why most of my pictures are in the sunny room of my house. Mommy says it's got good natural light. But she says she can't get a good picture of my beautiful eyes! In the sun they get all small, and in the dark (Mommy says that's when they are to prettiest) I blink with the flash! he he, that gets Mommy going.
  • Marisa YoungMarisa Young PortlandMember Posts: 2
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Black is beautiful, baby! I was named after Marvin the Martian - Mom and Dad think we look alike. Well, kinda. But no matter what I'm proud to be a black cat!
  • Candace HendersonCandace Henderson MartinsburgMember Posts: 132
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hey Marvin! my 'cousin' was named for the same guy! I'm Simon, and I love being a black kitty! We are the coolest by far! Just look at how much publicity we get! :) Cheers!
  • Sarah BilesSarah Biles Lexington, IN/ Columbus, INMember Posts: 9
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Word to my brothas from other mothas and my sistas from other mistas!
  • Gwen LutgeGwen Lutge El CajonMember Posts: 1,664
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Two more black cats here (my sister Morticia and I). I love that you can search for black cats now on Catster and list your cats color. Since it is sometimes difficult to photograph us beauties, it's nice to see in print what color the cat actually is. I accidentally wrote a kitty once telling them what a beautiful black cat they were (OK, I admit it, I'm a flirt) and they wrote back pretty unhappy because they were grey! Sorry! I love all of my black kitty pals, but I am also an avid dog lover. My best playmate is my sister Scarlett, the min-pin. I give her baths daily. You should see the funny pictures of it on my page!
  • Jacqueline HolladayJacqueline Holladay MuscatineMember Posts: 76
    edited 27 February, 2006
    One black kitty right here.
  • Tabitha Smith-ElliottTabitha Smith-Elliott Gainesville/Hall County, GAMember Posts: 11,582
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I'm a sexy shiny black girl. hee hee hee
  • Gwen LutgeGwen Lutge El CajonMember Posts: 1,664
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hello Inky, my sweetheart!
  • Tabitha Smith-ElliottTabitha Smith-Elliott Gainesville/Hall County, GAMember Posts: 11,582
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Gomez! Your sweetheart?! Awwwwwwwwwww. You make me blush. Thank goodness I'm black and noone can tell. Did you see my sister Callie's idea in Catster Crush forum? I know you I'd give my heart to. . . .you! Your sexy black girlfriend-Inky Ink
  • Shawnee CShawnee C Danville, PAMember Posts: 181
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I luv being a black kitty - my mum calls me her li\'l puma.... my fur silky smooth :) So nice to see my sister Macy has found a sweet black kitty boyfriend Simon :) I\'m very excited for her!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Now this is my kind of page! Forget all that siamese talk that little runt I live with keeps going on about. I\'m a sexy black kitty and I don\'t care who knows it! ME-OW!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I love all you black kitties! Do you want to be friends?