its not the right cat...

jennifer bolinjennifer bolin amityville NYMember Posts: 34
edited 19 December, 2006 in Choosing the Right Cat
the cat that i have right now i dont feel comftorbale with SHE has a mustache and it looks like a boy even though her name is barbie i mean i still love her but i want another cat...a black cat that would like to wear a collar can somebody tell me what to do about this problem?

Comments

• Toffy_VanessaToffy_Vanessa Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭
    edited 13 November, 2006
    Hey, isn't this supposed to be a serious forum? Well, I had a moustache once briefly but it went away. ;-)
  • Harvie SchreiberHarvie Schreiber FresnoMember Posts: 22
    edited 13 November, 2006
    Adopt more cats!!! The more, the meowier!!!
  • Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭
    edited 13 November, 2006
    Moustache? Do you mean whiskers?? All cats have whiskers! *confused*
  • brenna collinsbrenna collins Winter Springs/OrlandoMember Posts: 169
    edited 13 November, 2006
    cats dont have the same features that people do...the only way to tell them apart is by their sex organs (as far as i know) so if you're concerned that your female cat has a mustache...it's just a fur pattern. it has nothing to do with her being less feminine. it's a genetic trait.
  • Lisa HoweLisa Howe ToledoMember Posts: 513
    edited 13 November, 2006
    You want to get rid of her just because she has what you call a mustache???
  • Jessica G-Jessica G- Member Posts: 722
    edited 13 November, 2006
    Are you referring to the white markings on her face? (Which as another kitty said, is just a fur coloring pattern, not really a moustache.) I think it makes her look very distinctive and cute! Definitely NOT a reason to get rid of her. Be Proud of your black and white kitty! If you want to refer to it as a moustache and want to have fun with it, maybe call her "Viola" after the female character in Shakespeare's "Twelfth Night" who disguises herself as a man. :) And, if you want to get her an all black sister (and have the time, and money to care for two kitties) - go for it! :) Purrs, Tuxedo
  • Heather BellamyHeather Bellamy Perry / StatesboroMember Posts: 5,506
    edited 13 November, 2006
    ummmmmmmm........ is this an actual question?
  • Yipee LadybugYipee Ladybug Member Posts: 3,805
    edited 13 November, 2006
    My most beautiful girlfriend Cloud has what you call a "mustache" which *I* think are the cutest white markings on her face. And I love her for it, among many, many other things. : D
  • Diane ChewDiane Chew Member Posts: 1,094
    edited 14 November, 2006
    So, are you saying that you do not like Barbie because of her little white markings on her face? Poor little Barbie....She is very cute!
  • Elizabeth KElizabeth K ChicagoMember Posts: 11,036
    edited 14 November, 2006
    I am a female and I also have a moustache! My humans think it's adorable. It makes me unique because very few kitties we have found actually have a full moustache like that. I also have a full tuxedo-- I look like I am wearing a white shirt, a vest, and a tuxedo jacket. My humans think it's cute. When I was first brought home to show to my family, they were not sure if they were going to keep me. I was a rescue and I was brought to show to my main (male) human to see if he wanted to adopt me because his cat had passed away a few months before. My main human prefers all-black cats and he didn't like the white markings so he did not want to keep me. I ended up staying, though, and now he thinks I am cute and he loves me and talks to me and pets me and cuddles me all the time... My main female human is the one who posts here and she says she always thought I was cute... My main human's solution was to get another kitty who is all black, so he can still have what he wants and I can still have a home...
  • Diane ChewDiane Chew Member Posts: 1,094
    edited 14 November, 2006
    Sneakers, your mustache is purrfect...symmetrical and everything! You are adorable.
  • Phoebe McPhoebodyPhoebe McPhoebody Member Posts: 744
    edited 14 November, 2006
    I have Groucho Marx eyebrows. Mommy thinks they are cute. I think Mommy has a bit of a moustache...sometimes she waxes it. :-D
  • Susan MavesSusan Maves MaconMember Posts: 6,697
    edited 14 November, 2006
    I have half a Groucho moustache, and mommy thinks it is the cutest thing EVER!!!! I get compliments on it all the time. We think Barbie's white looks like a milk moustache, and is very becoming!!!!!!!
  • Sarah MinerSarah Miner MaplewoodMember Posts: 3,790
    edited 14 November, 2006
    I think Barbie is adorable with her cute little white marking under her nose. I wouldnt get rid of her just because she has the wrong markings. You can always get another cat for her to play with too.
  • melissa muttermelissa mutter West ChesterMember Posts: 10,189
    edited 14 November, 2006
    Barbie is a doll! Check me out I have a whole goatee!
  • Jenna LuskJenna Lusk Pacific NWMember Posts: 2,034
    edited 14 November, 2006
    Change her name to Charlie, which can go either way. I think she's a doll and would love to have her. Binks' mom
  • Elizabeth KElizabeth K ChicagoMember Posts: 11,036
    edited 15 November, 2006
    Yeah mine looks like a milk moustache too, which is why my photo says "Got Milk?" hehe... The only problem with it is there aren't any good female names that go with a moustache! (like, if I was a male I could be named Einstein, or Groucho, or etc...) My family wanted to change my name but they could not think of a better one that would match me so they just stuck with Sneakers.
  • Karen SchultzKaren Schultz AuroraMember Posts: 76
    edited 15 November, 2006
    What\'s wrong with mustaches?
  • Gayla PetersonGayla Peterson An hour from Branson!Member Posts: 221
    edited 15 November, 2006
    Yeah.... what IS wrong with moustaches?? Mommy waxes hers - she adores my nose.....
  • Desma JonesDesma Jones Member Posts: 318
    edited 15 November, 2006
    I have a mustache and my mommy just loves me to pieces. On my page you can see even a clearer picture of it. Lots of women can have mustaches. There is an aborigine tribe in Australia that not only do the women has mustaches, but also beards. And my mom, well, she is going through menopause and she has "whiskers" but, she gets them removed through electrolosys. I wanted to get mine waxed but mom thinks I am beautiful as I am
  • Desma JonesDesma Jones Member Posts: 318
    edited 15 November, 2006
    Also, I forgot to mention that if you are disappointed in the way she looks, did you know that we can pick up vibes like that? Your poor kitty must be feeling some rejection of some type and my mom is feeling sorry for her now. All of us can be rejected for different kinds of looks that others make fun of, such as, being overweight ,etc, something quite not "perfect". She is probably sad in her poor dear little kitty heart. My mom would love her just as she is.
  • jennifer bolinjennifer bolin amityville NYMember Posts: 34
    edited 15 November, 2006
    im not saying that i hate her sorry...i guess i was being to sensetive ^_^;
  • jennifer bolinjennifer bolin amityville NYMember Posts: 34
    edited 15 November, 2006
    im just sad becuase my parents got divorsed(thats not the sad part) and so i live at my mom's house and i took the cat at my dads house because where i live they dont accept pets in the apartments but i still love her even though she has a mustashe however you spell that...^_^
  • Jill McWhiteJill McWhite Duke City, Land of EnchantmentMember Posts: 1,098
    edited 15 November, 2006
    Oh I am so sorry that you are seperated from your kitty, but you just have to love her more when you do get to see her. She is really cute, and I am sure that she loves you! She looks a little a little like me, and so she she must be cute, moustache and all.
  • Anja R- D'AmbrosioAnja R- D'Ambrosio MapleMember Posts: 668
    edited 16 November, 2006
    Sorry for the separation from your friend,but hey,those mustaches are just adorable,Barbie is a doll and there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with her.
  • Dana DunnDana Dunn Member Posts: 2,587
    edited 22 November, 2006
    I would say that if you don't like your kitty because of their color pattern then find them a good forever home that will accept them no matter what they look like. Marmee has 7 of us and we all look different, some of us have mustaches some of us have socks, and then some of us are just a mish mash of patterns. Marmee loves us all and says that variety is the spice of life. Seriously if you really don't want your kitty, do you both a huge favor and find Barbie a good home and then find a kitty that you do want. Just make sure that you take your time when choosing your next one.
  • Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭
    edited 22 November, 2006
    Aww, I'm sorry to hear about your parents getting divorced! That's tough. My girl went through the same thing with her parents, and for a couple of years, she lived with her mom while I lived with her dad. But eventually, she and I were reunited and we were happy again. :-) You know, my girl's mom always thought I was funny looking because I had some grayish fur on my face and she always thought it looked "dirty." But my girl, who I bonded with in a split second when we saw each other through the bars at the shelter, loved me no matter what. And I loved her, too! Barbie is a beautiful kitty, but if you want to adopt a sibling for her, great! Black kitties in particular have a hard time finding homes and a lot of them never make it out of the shelters. If you can take one into your home and your heart, then that would be wonderful. Hang in there, things will get better! I promise! *purrs* Mo
    edited 22 November, 2006
    Waxing a moustache...do your moms use moustache wax for that? hehe Our mom bleaches her moustache! ;-)
  • Gary SturgesGary Sturges TorontoMember Posts: 80
    edited 23 November, 2006
    Hi - my human daddy wants to toss in his 2 cents worth . Us cats and humans come in all shapes and sizes and colors . When fate brings us together you have to accept the human or cat the way they are , all of us are individual and we're all very special in our own way . Whether it be a cat or human you love them for who they are and accept them for who they are . As I once heard , sometimes we ( humans ) look for a custom fit , in an " off the rack " world . Both me and my daddy think Barbie is a perfectly beautiful cat , mustache and all ........... love and kisses , Jacqueline
  • Kim LasaterKim Lasater Agoura HillsMember Posts: 8,709
    edited 24 November, 2006
    My mom had a kitty with a groucho marx mustache named Oreo and she says she was a good kitty. I have seen her picture and she was almost as pretty as me. :) I know my mom misses her and she loved her mustache and it was always a good conversation piece when peopple came over. Barbie is adorable.