Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

World\'s Coolest, Which Are Your Favorites?

Teddy RheingoldsTeddy Rheingolds San FranciscoMember Posts: 1,743
edited 22 November, 2006 in Plus Informational
General voting in the World's Coolest Cat and Dog Show ends Wednesday night. (9pm EST). Have you voted on them all? Take a spin and make sure your favorites get their proper respect. Make sure your friends know to vote for yours. We're getting down to the wire so feel free to stump for your favorites here. Winners are chosen by highest average vote, not overall total, so it's not a popularity contest. There are so many amazing entires, I know I'm overwhelmed trying to keep up myself!

Comments

• BruceTheBossBruceTheBoss Winslow, BuckinghamshireMember Posts: 37,079 ✭✭✭
    edited 13 November, 2006
    Yay, this is very exciting HQ, thanks for all your hard work on this contest. I only have a few pics entered as Mum has been a bit busy *BIG SIGHS*, but i would appreciate any last minute votes. Good Luck everycat, we cant wait to see the results.

Bruce The Boss

• AshPoGusAshPoGus AlbuquerqueMember Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭
    edited 13 November, 2006
    Thank you for giving some clarification on how the votes are counted. I read something earlier that made it sound as though only the 5-paw votes were counted, which didn\'t seem quite right. I\'m not so good at math, so would it be possible for a kitty to receive only one vote -- a 5-paw vote -- and make the finals? The kitty would have an average of 5, the highest possible. Is there something more that\'s considered? Sorry to be so curious, but I am a cat, you know. There sure are some outstanding photos in every category. Good Luck to everyone. I can\'t wait to see if some of my favorites make the finals.
  • emma clarkeemma clarke Nottingham Robin Hood CountryMember Posts: 6,819
    edited 13 November, 2006
    Scooter, this is how Catster explain it. You can find a link to this information on the homepage (Catster news and updates) "At midnight Eastern Standard Time on Wednesday evening, voting will close and we’ll determine the top five entrants in each category. (Finalists are chosen for having the highest average vote score assuming they have received at least the minimum number of total votes. Winners in each category will be selected by our special judges and announced on the site December 7th." Hope you understand that...*baffled*
    edited 13 November, 2006
    Sure, that\'s clear, Blade. Except for the part that says, \"assuming they have received at least the minimum number of total votes.\" Maybe that number is a secret, for some reason.
    edited 13 November, 2006
    Thanks, Blade -- I forgot to tell you that. I meant to be funny in my previous post, too, but it doesn't sound very funny when I read it now.
  • Lindsay RoweLindsay Rowe ArcticMember Posts: 1,776
    edited 13 November, 2006
    Yikes, only 2 more days, we're still not caught up. We've voted for almost all the Plus kitties who post here, and any other kitties who asked. but it looks like we're going to miss some entries this year.
  • Teddy RheingoldsTeddy Rheingolds San FranciscoMember Posts: 1,743
    edited 13 November, 2006
    Hi Scooter, I foget the number but it's a non-trivial amount.
    edited 14 November, 2006
    Okay -- that sounds very fair. Thanks!
  • alicia casteloalicia castelo Member Posts: 747
    edited 14 November, 2006
    Can anyone give me some votes?
  • TRACY YOUNGTRACY YOUNG New YorkMember Posts: 6,538
    edited 14 November, 2006
    I gave you some votes Brandy!
    edited 14 November, 2006
    What about me???
    edited 14 November, 2006
    I can't vote for you, ding dong. You're my sister.
  • Lucie JasutaLucie Jasuta Colts NeckMember Posts: 1,763 ✭✭
    edited 14 November, 2006
    Oh no it's almost ending???? I hope I get some votes..... Purrs, Ozzie
    edited 14 November, 2006
    I already voted for you, Coco, and I just voted for you, too, Brandy (I had already voted for everyone else in this thread). You can vote for yourself if Ray won't vote for you, Coco, or get your nice brother to do it. Great photos! Good Luck. I already voted for you, too, Ray, and your nice brother, Truman. Y'all have some cool photos! Good Luck!! edit: Ozzie, I'll vote for you, too! Didn't see you there.
  • Diana GabaldonDiana Gabaldon PortlandMember Posts: 5,607
    edited 14 November, 2006
    I voted for everyone here and their siblings. Good luck everyone. I have a couple of photos entered. If you have time to look and vote it would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • MouseMouse Near Camborne,Member Posts: 43,591 ✭✭✭
    edited 14 November, 2006
    We voted for you Brandy. Now if there is any-cat around who would like to vote for some of us we would appreciate it very much. The Cornish crew.
    edited 14 November, 2006
    You are so cute, Diego. We vote for you too! Now we're gonna go find the Drifter.
    edited 14 November, 2006
    Whew! That took a while, to make sure I voted for all of the Cornish Crew. That must have taken your Mum a long time to enter all the photos. Great funny face, Drifter. Good Luck to all of you. I made sure I voted for you too, Diego -- I already had. Good Luck!
  • Sarah MinerSarah Miner MaplewoodMember Posts: 3,790
    edited 14 November, 2006
    Oh man if you havent voted for me PLEASE vote. Lots of Purrs to all my pals that already did vote.
  • Melissa FordMelissa Ford Santa CruzMember Posts: 3,914
    edited 14 November, 2006
    Voted for everyone. Still working on getting the entire Cornish crew voted for:)
    edited 14 November, 2006
    AWWWW Thanks you guys. But you really didn't have to vote for all of us. We have been and voted for those that we hadn't already got. We would hate to leave any-cat out. The Cornish crew.
  • CalvinCalvin ScottsdaleMember Posts: 8,818 ✭✭✭
    edited 14 November, 2006
    There are definitely some great cats with great pictures in the contest! It has been so much fun to look through them and vote. We have voted for all of you who posted in this thead! Anyone with an extra minute to vote - we would appreciate yours too! Thanks, Samoa Calvin Violet

The Cats in the Clover
    Samoa, Calvin, Violet, Gleek, Spunky, Sugar, Vivien, Newman, & Inky

• Rebecca FuseeRebecca Fusee TracyMember Posts: 3,048
    edited 14 November, 2006
    Hi-ya! We're so excited to find out who the finalists are! (Even if we don't get picked) We've had so much fun with this! We voted for all of you here already, and will get to Drifter's family soon... *winks* Zoe and I are entered in the contest too...
    edited 14 November, 2006
    We just checked and we've already voted for all of you Samoa. Good luck. Any other cats need votes. We are going to bed now (it's 10:20pm here in UK) but we will be here again tomorrow.
  • Lucie JasutaLucie Jasuta Colts NeckMember Posts: 1,763 ✭✭
    edited 14 November, 2006
    Okay I think I have voted for everyone!! Maggie my sister is mad because I am hogging the computer! Good luck to all the kitties who entered! I even voted for my big sister... MOL Purrs, Ozzie
  • Charlene DitnerCharlene Ditner FormosaMember Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    edited 14 November, 2006
    Please will you vote for me too?? Everyones pictures are sooo good! It will be close I bet.
  • Heather BellamyHeather Bellamy Perry / StatesboroMember Posts: 5,506
    edited 14 November, 2006
    Would some of you vote for me and Lucky Boo too? Oh and even my Angel brother Maximo has entered a couple of pictures ;-) Mommy says I have to ask for the rest of my siblings too, but feel free not to vote for all of them! There are quite a few of us :) I am about to go vote for everykitty who has posted here, although I do recognize most of you as pawsome entrants I have already given 5paws to! But I may have missed a few ;)
  • Catherine BradleyCatherine Bradley Member Posts: 6,384
    edited 14 November, 2006
    Can me beg fur some votess tooo? =^-^=
  • Diana GabaldonDiana Gabaldon PortlandMember Posts: 5,607
    edited 14 November, 2006
    We have voted for each kitty that posted above this one and their family. We are still working on The Cornish crew as a whole. We will have voted for each of them by the end of the night. There are so really cute photos out there. It is going to be a tough competition. Good luck everyone.
  • Yipee LadybugYipee Ladybug Member Posts: 3,805
    edited 14 November, 2006
    ummmmmm....can i ask please if you haven't voted for us yet....could you please??? : D Missy Casey Donny and last, but not least....me! Marie We have been trying all week to vote for so many kitties. But I will keep voting for everyone on this thread. Thanks everyone! Good luck!!!