A little early, but will there be a \"Secret Santa\" event?

Destiny JDestiny J Member Posts: 196
edited 26 November, 2006 in Plus Informational
Thanks to the Group "Super Strollers", I now have all the details needed to get the The Purrfect Holiday Gift Exchange 2006 " underway. ** I have created a group for us to use for this event.** The Purrfect Holiday Gift Exchange 2006 Details Sign up deadline is Friday, November 24th 12:00 p.m. Catster time. To sign up, visit the group. Let the secrets begin and have a Purrfect Holiday!!

Comments

• Lindsay RoweLindsay Rowe ArcticMember Posts: 1,776
    edited 18 November, 2006
    We hope so, they are doing one on Dogster.
  • Dianne MeeksDianne Meeks ThornhillMember Posts: 7,069
    edited 19 November, 2006
    What is a secret Santa? How does it work? purrrrrrrrrrs
  • BruceTheBossBruceTheBoss Winslow, BuckinghamshireMember Posts: 37,079 ✭✭✭
    edited 19 November, 2006
    Hi Kitties, we did run a secret santa last year, which really was fun. I cant remember who organised it but I dont think they are here anymore. Chase, do you want to organise it this year? or if not, then me and Mum are more than happy to get it underway, we really like doing things like this, but as you have suggested it we will leave the decision to you. I will check back later. FUN FUN FUN

Bruce The Boss

edited 19 November, 2006
    Oh sorry, forgot to explain for Caelestis how this works, or roughly how it works. Last year a thread was opened and all kitties that wanted to join in the Secret Santa post in the thread to say they wanted to join, a list was then collated and I believe a name was picked at random for each kitty to play "secret santa" on. You then present that kitty with either a virtual gift, e-card, rosette, star, poem, etc etc, it really was good fun last year, and some how I ended up with two....hehehe. I think we set a date of something like 22-24th for gifts etc to be given. Chase, I hope this is what you had in mind.

Bruce The Boss

• Donna LenzDonna Lenz BethelMember Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭
    edited 19 November, 2006
    That would be cool! We would like to join. We do Secret Santy Paws with Save A Sato, and we send each other cool presents. This is my first Christmas so my Sato sisters are gonna help me. Can you believe there's only one other kitty doing it? Well there are not a lot of Gatos in the states I guess. So my Secret Pal is an 80 pound Sato named Andre - way cool - all 7 pounds of me gets an 80 pound pooch! MOL!!!!!!!!
  • Heather BellamyHeather Bellamy Perry / StatesboroMember Posts: 5,506
    edited 19 November, 2006
    Sounds like fun! I'm already in a Secret Santa project with one of my groups but we are sending real presents. I want to do a virtual Secret Santa too!
    edited 19 November, 2006
    Wow that sounds like fun Lucky Boo. I'll wait to hear from Chase and then we can hopefully get the virtual secret santa underway.

Bruce The Boss

• Destiny JDestiny J Member Posts: 196
    edited 19 November, 2006
    Bruce, I was thinking along the lines of what Lucky Boo was saying - an actual Secret Santa, w/actual gift giving. I think a virtual one is a purrfect idea as well. Some mommmys and daddy's say no way to sharing addresses, but our mommy has met lots of cool buds and she is OK with it. Bruce, if you want to head this up, I'm OK w/ it and you can let the rest of us know what you need. I'm here to help out with anything. Purrs, Chase
  • Diana GabaldonDiana Gabaldon PortlandMember Posts: 5,607
    edited 19 November, 2006
    We would like to share in the Secret Santa fun. Will will keep looking to see what comes up. We have never done it before and think it would be lots of fun.
  • Dianne MeeksDianne Meeks ThornhillMember Posts: 7,069
    edited 19 November, 2006
    Thanks for the info Bruce, the Secret Santa sounds fun. You can just call me Lily btw, my meowmie does! purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs
  • Nadine HendershotNadine Hendershot Jersey ShoreMember Posts: 174
    edited 19 November, 2006
    We would love to participate in this Secret Santa also. There are 4 of us in my family. Please keep us posted on the decision. Real gifts are always fun to give.
  • Niki MattsonNiki Mattson St. PaulMember Posts: 20,360
    edited 20 November, 2006
    I would like to be in it if it is virtual gifts like rosettes. Mommy would love to give every kitty a little real gift, but we have to think of privacy and also our financial situation. Even if that does sound a little selfish. Sorry if it does, but we have other family members we need to buy for too
  • Gimli_TGMGimli_TGM HurstMember Posts: 29,929 ✭✭
    edited 20 November, 2006
    I would like to participate! My meowmie participates in a card exchange in one of her yahoo groups and was in another a long time ago with another yahoo group. Nigel and Isis were in the "Pampered Princes and Princesses Club" on the Internet years ago and they were in it twice. At first she sent virtual cards and stuff, then she sent a real present to the kitties' home for Christmas Day. Nigel and Isis were once secret santas to a home with 7 kitties! It's a good idea to get an anonymous email address so as not to give your identity away until the last gift exchange. In the clubs they were in, mostly everyone knew everyone else's email so that's why the anonymous ones come in handy. Purrs, Gimli
  • MouseMouse Near Camborne,Member Posts: 43,591 ✭✭✭
    edited 20 November, 2006
    We would like to take part aswell. We don't mind it being real or virtual. We took part in last years virtual one. It was great fun. The Cornish crew.
  • Pamela HaneyPamela Haney Old ForgeMember Posts: 893
    edited 20 November, 2006
    Meow!!! We would love to be involved in a "Secret Santy Paws" (whoever came up with that is brilliant...mol). Count us in.
  • Karen LeeKaren Lee The kingdom of Mer-lotMember Posts: 89,020
    edited 20 November, 2006
    My Creatures and I would like to participate in Secret Santa again. I don't remember who started the one last year but I do remember that there was some problem along the way and some felines did not receive any gifts or the name of the feline they had to give a gift to.
  • Brittany TisdaleBrittany Tisdale Bartlett/MemphisMember Posts: 726
    edited 20 November, 2006
    We would love to do it too! It sounds like alot of fun! I think that giving real gifts would be a little more fun, but either way sounds cool! Purrs, Tux
  • Sandy ColemanSandy Coleman WashingtonMember Posts: 438
    edited 20 November, 2006
    I'd love to be in both a virtual and a real Secret Santa! What a great idea!
  • Joanne LamsteinJoanne Lamstein GoshenMember Posts: 1,911 ✭✭
    edited 20 November, 2006
    HeyKitties, Like Rufus, we (I have a sister, Dutchess) would like to participate too! Count us in!!! OOOH! Gotta run! "It's Thanksgiving, Charlie Brown" is on TV RIGHT NOW!!!!!!
    edited 20 November, 2006
    Well, Bruce was checking on a few things with Catster, and then we can begin planning. I will begin making a list of all that are in and maybe get a few ideas from what Dogster is doing. Watch for future updates about this fun Holiday Secret Santa event!
    edited 20 November, 2006
    Thanks to the Group "Super Strollers", I now have all the details needed to get the The Purrfect Holiday Gift Exchange 2006 " underway. ** I have created a group for us to use for this event.** The Purrfect Holiday Gift Exchange 2006 Details Sign up deadline is Friday, November 24th 12:00 p.m. Catster time. To sign up, visit the group. Let the secrets begin and have a Purrfect Holiday!!
  • Kelly CaracciKelly Caracci Member Posts: 1,848
    edited 21 November, 2006
    Hey Chase we just signed up!
    edited 21 November, 2006
    I signed up too!
    edited 21 November, 2006
    Wah wah wah, when I signed up at Elfster. com and accepted, my name changed from "Sindri" to "Lucky Boo and Luna." They are in the Super Strollers gift exchange. I wanted to be in this one! I guess Mom should've entered a different e-mail address... so she could sign up as a different cat. Boo hoo.
    edited 21 November, 2006
    Hello Kitties! The gift exchange is coming along very well. We have 19 fantastic cats signed up already. This is going to be a lot of fun. If you haven't gotten in on the action yet, pmail me with your email addy and the names of your cat(s) that want to exchange gifts and I will get your elfster email out to you. Purrs & Rubs, Chase
  • Lindsay RoweLindsay Rowe ArcticMember Posts: 1,776
    edited 22 November, 2006
    Yeah, we're signed up, thanks for organizing all this.
  • Cassandra GriffinCassandra Griffin OmahaMember Posts: 4,662
    edited 22 November, 2006
    count me in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ZACKandZOEYZACKandZOEY Cave Creek, AZMember Posts: 12,043 ✭✭
    edited 22 November, 2006
    I just signed up too. I love secrets and shopping !!
    edited 23 November, 2006
    Well, kitties - we now have 30 participants in the Secret Santy Paws exchange! Cat'tastic!! I am going to extend the time to sign up to [email protected] 11am CT and we will still do the drawing at noon CT. I just want to make sure everycat that is interested, get's to sign up. More to come and have a Happy, Happy Thanksgiving!!
  • Kim LasaterKim Lasater Agoura HillsMember Posts: 8,709
    edited 23 November, 2006
    I would like to participate too. My beagly\'s are in the dogster exchange and i want to be in one too. ;)