Kitty pacifiers- for cats that like to suckle blankies

jennifer viscontijennifer visconti queensMember Posts: 2,157
edited 13 December, 2006 in Plus Informational
We have seen postings in the forums so many times (but can't remember where we saw them) about cats that suck on blankets cause they were seperated from their Mommies too soon. My parents saw a neat thing in the NY Newsday paper today for a Kitty Pacifier that could help and comfort those types of cats! It's called the Catsifier pillow, a pillow that has discreet nipples on it! It is 29.50 @ catsifier.com I hope those lil kitties that suck on blankies will like these!

Comments

• Destiny JDestiny J Member Posts: 196
    edited 4 December, 2006
    This is so interesting. Both Chase and Ashton suck on blankies and my clothes. I always thought it was a bit strange, but their mommy passed on just 3 days after giving birth. Now, it makes sense. I will have to look into that pacifer. I don't make them not suckle on the blankets,..I figured that it was something that made them happ, so I let them do it and just do a lot of laundry!
  • Elizabeth KElizabeth K ChicagoMember Posts: 11,036
    edited 5 December, 2006
    I saw that, someone on another cat forum I go to bought one but they said they were disappointed with it, it wasn't as well-made as they'd hoped. The edges of the "cat" on the pillow were unfinished.
  • jennifer viscontijennifer visconti queensMember Posts: 2,157
    edited 5 December, 2006
    Oh no! Sorry, I didn't mean to promote a bad product! A guess a good ole blanket is better in the long run :-)
  • Elizabeth KElizabeth K ChicagoMember Posts: 11,036
    edited 5 December, 2006
    Well it was just one blanket so maybe the rest are better and they just got a bad one...all I know is they were kinda disappointed with the product.
  • Krystle walshKrystle walsh LumbertonMember Posts: 102
    edited 13 December, 2006
    I started a topic a while back about this. I suck on my mommy shirt (pic and video mom caught me doing it on my page) Mom was worried until she heard that TONS of cats do this and even cats that are much older ( one was 12 years old) I think my mommy is gonna get me that pillow whne she can afford it.