Memories. . .

Tiffany McConnellTiffany McConnell OmahaMember Posts: 30,862
edited 27 December, 2006 in What I Love About Catster
I figured it'd be nice to have a thread dedicated to all our wonderful Catster memories. Im gonna start off. Feel free to join the fun!! I remember the time I thought Lemur and Selket were engaged!They werent, but it was still heck of a party!! That was the same night Jacques was dubbed Mr. Tonkie Cheeks too! I got there early, and Sophie and Boomer the Birdie helped me decorate. Ahh... Memories.... Purrs, ~Chey~

Comments

• Niki MattsonNiki Mattson St. PaulMember Posts: 20,360
    edited 9 December, 2006
    I remember the first time I was invited to P&P. .. March 17th. We were going to celebrate Selket's birthday, so she invited me. I knew some kitties, but not very many, and Selket made me feel very welcome, along with the other Fiends and other kitties. Until the alpaca came out, then I got a little confused. But after that, I made LLS my home. Memories by Elvis Presley ♪Memories, pressed between the pages of my mind Memories, sweetened through the ages just like wine Quiet thoughts come floating down And circle softly to the ground Like golden autumn leaves among my feet I touch them and they burst apart with sweet Memories Sweet memories Of holding hands and red bouquets And twilights trimmed in purple haze And laughing eyes and simple ways And quiet nights and gentle days with you Memories. . . sweet memories
  • Tiffany McConnellTiffany McConnell OmahaMember Posts: 30,862
    edited 9 December, 2006
    Yes, I remember my first time too!! It was really late, and I figured why not, so I popped in their, and The Fiends were still there. I was really nervous, and even afraid of them! But they made me feel welcome, and safe, and from that point on, Im a Catsteraholic!!
  • Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭
    edited 9 December, 2006
    I remember posting the first reply on the original LLS... http://www.catster.com/forums/What_I_Love_About_Catster/thread/127750 Of course, I also posted the last reply a split second before Vijay closed the thread, but I think he deleted it. ;-)
    edited 9 December, 2006
    heehee!! You sneaky little Beastie!! :)
  • Sue KaufmannSue Kaufmann CranfordMember Posts: 1,465
    edited 9 December, 2006
    Squeakers, I remember the alpaca, too! Remember Jacques' bicyclette?
  • Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭
    edited 9 December, 2006
    Alpaca? I thought that was a chinchilla! ;-)
  • Jill ThomasJill Thomas SomervilleMember Posts: 10,370
    edited 9 December, 2006
    My very first visit to the LLS was right around Irish's wedding!
    edited 10 December, 2006
    My first party their was the A-Teams birthday I belive...
  • Toffy_VanessaToffy_Vanessa Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭
    edited 10 December, 2006
    "The Way We Were" as sung by Barbra Streisand Mem'ries light the corners of my mind Misty watercolor mem'ries Of the way we were. Scattered pictures of the smiles we left behind Smiles we gave to one another For the way we were. Could it be that it was all so simple then Or has time rewritten ev'ry line? If we had the chance to do it all again Tell me would we, could we? Mem'ries may be beautiful, and yet What's too painful to remember We simple choose to forget So it's the laughter, we will remember Whenever we remember The way we were. The way we were. Oo ooo. http://ironlmonkley.imeem.com/music/SRYS_W5n/the_way_we_were/
  • jen clarkjen clark StrongsvilleMember Posts: 1,099
    edited 10 December, 2006
    Well, I certainly remember some chandelier swinging!
    edited 10 December, 2006
    Thanks for the song Toffy!! :) Hey Saffy!! Yea, I remember that!!
  • cat shepherdcat shepherd KnoxvilleMember Posts: 6,314
    edited 10 December, 2006
    I still have that pic of Jacques, Hattie. :-) Speaking of memories ... look who showed up ... Miss Saffy!
  • TRACY YOUNGTRACY YOUNG New YorkMember Posts: 6,538
    edited 10 December, 2006
    Yeah, but did she bring olive oil? MOL
    edited 10 December, 2006
    I love how nostalgia is for a year ago! MOL
    edited 10 December, 2006
    Saffy?? *rubs his eyes* Is that really you??
  • Sue KaufmannSue Kaufmann CranfordMember Posts: 1,465
    edited 10 December, 2006
    Baby, remember, in cat years, a human year is a long, long time! Yes, Saffron, good to see you!
  • Desiree JohnsonDesiree Johnson RosevilleMember Posts: 3,736
    edited 11 December, 2006
    One of the things we will definitely remember about Catster is the LLS.Good times!
  • jen clarkjen clark StrongsvilleMember Posts: 1,099
    edited 11 December, 2006
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! HI EVERYBODIES! I'm sorry I've been away for so long... pouting, stewpid humans and their stewpid things. I've missssssssssssssssssssssssed you cats! whines. OH and I brought lots of olive oil, to make up for months and months. YOU MUST BE DRY AS A BONE by now!!!!!!!!
  • Tabitha Smith-ElliottTabitha Smith-Elliott Gainesville/Hall County, GAMember Posts: 11,582
    edited 11 December, 2006
    Ahhh yes the Alpaca. heh heh Good times.
    edited 11 December, 2006
    *puts on cat costume and sings* Memory All alone in the moonlight I can smile at the old days I was beautiful then I remember the time I knew what happiness was Let the memory live again
    edited 11 December, 2006
    *claps for Baby* Don't spill the olive oil on the alpaca, Saffy. MOL
  • Holly RachelleHolly Rachelle Member Posts: 1,896
    edited 12 December, 2006
    I havent been at the LLS for awhile but the time i have been there it was soo fun... i remember the dancing *winks at Ben*, the swinging from the chandilier, and meeting tons of friends! The LLS is the best memory i will remember about Catster.... i remember LLS II and LLS III, but i never got to be in the original LLS.... well good memories!!!!! May the Late Late Show live on forever *raises glass* To the LLS!
  • Diana MertensDiana Mertens Warner RobinsMember Posts: 5,435 ✭✭
    edited 12 December, 2006
    I fondly remember one of my fur-st posts early on in the forums. It was titled "If you were a human, what would you do in life?" I loved it b/c I got all these cool responses about what cats would do if the *gasp* had to work - like home security (Jinx) mattress-testing (Mick) psychotherapy (Selket), art (Jacques)...it was great! For us - I thought I'd be in sales (but now I think I would run an adoption agency), Miranda would be a soccer star, and Roxanne a model :) But Roxanne still thinks I'd be the baggage inspector at the airport.
  • edited 12 December, 2006
    You do have a certain way of asking questions, Zoe... be-bop
  • Niki MattsonNiki Mattson St. PaulMember Posts: 20,360
    edited 12 December, 2006
    Love you and your "be-bops" Cole! Selky would have made a terrific psychotherapist. Miss her so much
    edited 12 December, 2006
    If I was human, I would be a roller derby girl! hehehe
  • Angela ClarkAngela Clark Fort SmithMember Posts: 15,094
    edited 12 December, 2006
    Who could forget the alpaca? :-)
    edited 12 December, 2006
    I remember getting pulled over by the P&P police! Oooh, scary! MOL
    edited 12 December, 2006
    I saved your tail that night.
  • Tabitha Smith-ElliottTabitha Smith-Elliott Gainesville/Hall County, GAMember Posts: 11,582
    edited 13 December, 2006
    Hmmmm or the Altoids. *winks at Marina*