Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

wellness and my sensitive stomach

amy grubbamy grubb Member Posts: 26
edited 5 January, 2007 in Food & Nutrition
I have been on wellness kitten since I came home. Since I am over 6 months old, the vet said I could have some adult food. My mommy has tried different flavors of wellness adult wet food and since then I have had loose poos and am making a mess. I still eat and play well, but boy do I stink. Anyone else had this problem? Should I try a new food and which one?

Comments

• Jenna LuskJenna Lusk Pacific NWMember Posts: 2,034
    edited 14 December, 2006
    I would go back on the kitten food and try again when you are a year or so. You should make the transition slowly, adding the new food gradually over the course of a week or longer. I was on kitten food until I was a year old. That's what my vet told mommy to do.
  • Jennifer O'NeilJennifer O'Neil JeffersonvilleMember Posts: 77
    edited 31 December, 2006
    I read somewhere that Wellness has ingredients in some of their foods which are actually toxic to cats, like alfalfa. So maybe another super premium food would suit your cat better. Me and my sibling cats eat California Natural, and I've heard Innova (not Evo) is good, as well as Blue Buffalo.
  • Straw MeltonStraw Melton VancouverMember Posts: 37
    edited 1 January, 2007
    Pumpkin, the kind you buy in a can for making pumpkin pie. Mix it in with whatever it takes to get 'im to eat it. Tuna, salmon, ground turkey, ground chicken. Pumpkin sooths and coats the intestinal lining and can be given as a suppliment the entire cat's life.
  • Jana PhillipsJana Phillips RaleighMember Posts: 846
    edited 2 January, 2007
    Make sure it IS NOT the pumpkin pie mix, but 100% PLAIN pumpkin...
  • Nicole MartinNicole Martin CranfordMember Posts: 185
    edited 2 January, 2007
    Wellness has alot of fruits and veggies which don't always sit right with every kitty. Innova EVO is excellent for those kitties. The kitten food is more easily digested which is probably why it hadn't caused a problem. I have never heard of alphalpha being toxic to cats.
  • BethDeeringBethDeering LondonMember Posts: 39
    edited 5 January, 2007
    We're sorry to hear that you're having troubles! We tried Wellness too and while Toni was fine, I had runny poos. Mommy always switches our food slowly (taking up to two weeks), but even after 3 weeks, I was still having troubles. She switched us back to Innova Evo, and voila, the runs ran away! It is expensive so we were hoping to find something a bit cheaper but that still has quality ingredients. Mommy now know that for me, it's Evo only! Zippy
  • ZACKandZOEYZACKandZOEY Cave Creek, AZMember Posts: 12,043 ✭✭
    edited 5 January, 2007
    My Mommy switched me to Wellness canned too quickly at the time (because I loved it so much) and I got runny poo too. (sounds so unfeminine!) The vet told me to eat Gerber 2nd foods meat only for a few days and try again. That settled my stomach and I was able to eat Wellness canned with no problems after that. Litterbox looked fine. Cats, like people, will not have every food agree with their tummies. Luckily there are so many good choices out there.