I am just so sad...

Jen SnyderJen Snyder EnfieldMember Posts: 2
Hi. We just put the most adorable cat on earth, kennedy to sleep 12.21 at 7.55pm. we know it was the right decision after a looong, emotional rollarcoaster ride battle to save him. He was only 8 years old and this was really my first pet (i am 33.) This is so hard.

Comments

• Pat ParkerPat Parker ClevelandMember Posts: 382
    edited 16 September, 2009
    My family and I will meet you at the Bridge and give you love and hugs. You will never feel sick or in pain again. We will be with you when you send love and comfort to your mom who misses you terribly. Mindy, Suki and Molly
  • Trish KeltonTrish Kelton BurlingtonMember Posts: 1
    Kennedy was such a fighter!!!! He knows you loved him dearly and is at peace now. Much love and hugs, T & his cousin Vinny.
  • Gary SturgesGary Sturges TorontoMember Posts: 80
    Sorry to hear about Kennedy , I understand how you feel . I had Bandit for 16 years and it was hard to see her go . There's nothing like the love one shares with a cherished companion , it never dies and the memories of that love will always create a warm feeling in your heart .
  • Jenna LuskJenna Lusk Pacific NWMember Posts: 2,034
    I am so sorry you lost your sweet kitty. It's never easy - no matter the age. My beloved kitty lived to be 18 and I'm still a wreck over her, 10 months later. The one thing I have to say, though, is that I'd much rather go through this immense sadness at the end, then to never have the enormous amount of happiness they give you during their lives. My heart is with you, because I know how sad you are.
  • Yipee LadybugYipee Ladybug Member Posts: 3,805
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Just over a year ago, I had to put Missy down at age 4 due to lily poisoning, and it's truly one of the most difficult times. I hope there's comfort to you in knowing that no matter how short his time with you is, he loved you and he felt and appreciated your love. And that he is no longer in pain and suffering. *hugs*
  • shannon szuszalskishannon szuszalski ABQMember Posts: 1,542
    Hugs and sympathy from us! Nikko and Scooter
  • janet bessettejanet bessette Member Posts: 1
    Kennedy- you were indeed so brave and courageous these past weeks..Jen and Andy took such good care of you and tried so hard to help you recover. You will be thought of and missed every day.Thank you for the joy and happiness you gave our daughter ..from the first moment she saw you you were her precious precious little boy and she loved you \'beyond belief \' Love, Grandma and Grandpa
  • Ruth BrouwerRuth Brouwer HuntsvilleMember Posts: 10,651
    Our deepest sympathy to you on the loss of Kennedy. I lost my first baby, Boomer when she was 23.5 years old. It is never easy, whether they live long or short lives. I hope it helps to know there are others who know, and share, your sense of loss. Kennedy is now healthy and playing at the Bridge with Boomer and many other beloved pets.
  • melissa muttermelissa mutter West ChesterMember Posts: 10,189
    What a brave kitty you were Kennedy. I'm here to help you along at the bridge and I will purr for your people that you left behind.
  • Roxann RobbinsRoxann Robbins Member Posts: 3,268
    I'm here to help you too! We angels will show you all the sights at The Bridge. Hey, did you know we have Christmas at The Bridge? We have a tree and we hung up all this garland...oh, you'll have to see for yourself...come on let's go see! headbonks Luv, Black Jack
  • Barbara SutcliffeBarbara Sutcliffe College ParkMember Posts: 645 ✭✭✭
    I\'m another Bridge Angel to help you Kennedy. I\'ve been at the Bridge since May of 2005. My Mommy had to make the decision of having me put to sleep because of kidney failure and the condition was irreversible. I\'ll help you celebrate Christmas. Let\'s go see the lovely tree Black Jack\'s talking about . . .
    Oh, Kennedy, I\'m here to help you too. I\'m Jasmine Bibette and I passed on to the Bridge in February of 2004. It was very hard for my Mommy to see me breath my last breaths. I am happy and free from pain of my failing heart. Let\'s join Bentley, Black Jack and the others to celebrate this most beautiful day. Purrs, Jasmine Bibette (Jazzy Beeta)
    I\'m here too, Kennedy. I\'m Max and I\'ve been here for 10 years. I had cancer and Mommy had to make that decision too with me. It was very, very hard for her to do. I\'ll give you all the help I can. Let\'s go see that tree the others were talking about. Purrs, Max
    Oh, Kennedy, I\'ll help you too. I\'m Isis and God took me when I was 16 years old. I\'ve been at the bridge since 1997 too like Max. Let\'s go see that tree and celebrate this most beautiful day with Black Jack, Max, Bentley, Jasmine Bibette and others.
  • Lowell VincentLowell Vincent ChildersburgMember Posts: 219
    I'm so very sorry for the pain you're going through. It's so very hard to lose someone like that. I lost Brandy in May and I'm having such a hard time with it. I don't know that this pain will ever end and I'm not sure that I want it to. I want my little princess back but unfortunately, that's not possible.