I don\\\'t like treats. What\\\'s wrong with me?

Jeffrey HawkJeffrey Hawk SpringfieldMember Posts: 1
edited 4 January, 2007 in Food & Nutrition
My owner wants to reward me with treats (for being a good kitty, of course), but I don\'t seem to care for anything he\'s given me. I\'m only 8 months old, and I\'m not interested in catnip either. He thinks this is very odd and is worried. We\'ve tried (for the record): Pounces Whiskas and Nutro Max Cat Treats (since I love the Nutro Complete Care kibble so much) Any ideas I can give him?

Comments

• Anna McCurdyAnna McCurdy HalifaxMember Posts: 609
    edited 1 January, 2007
    What about Greenies they come in a few different favours. I like the Tuna. There is nothing wrong with you. I don't like chicken treats or cat food I only like fish.
  • Anna McCurdyAnna McCurdy HalifaxMember Posts: 609
    edited 1 January, 2007
    What about Greenies they come in a few different favours. I like the Tuna. There is nothing wrong with you. I don't like chicken treats or cat food I only like fish.
  • Pat ParkerPat Parker ClevelandMember Posts: 382
    edited 1 January, 2007
    I don\'t like treats either. Mama bought me Temptations for Christmas and put a few in with my favorite food and I turned away and went hungry, well, only until she took the Temptations out. You might try a few little bites of plain chicken or tuna. My mama lets me take a few licks of cream cheese from her finger as a treat and I like it. NO cat treats, though.
  • Heather BellamyHeather Bellamy Perry / StatesboroMember Posts: 5,506
    edited 1 January, 2007
    Try freeze-dried treats! For the first year of my life, Mommy thought I wouldn't eat treats either. I'd tried Pounce, Greenies, Aquariyums, Temptations, Whisker Lickins, and so many other brands of regular treats... Then Mommy got me some freeze-dried yummies. They are so delicious! I love Wildside Salmon as well as Halo Liv-a-Littles! We find the Halo treats in our local grocery store (Kroger), and the Wildside Salmon we order online. You may be like me and just like the 100% all-natural freeze dried meats. Those types of treats are healthier too ;) Good luck!
  • Jana PhillipsJana Phillips RaleighMember Posts: 846
    edited 1 January, 2007
    I guarantee you will LOVE these: http://www.zukes.com/shop/index.php?cPath=1_5 These have got to be the best smelling soft treats on the market (and they are healthy, and very small/bite size).
  • Dana OPrayDana OPray TorontoMember Posts: 283
    edited 1 January, 2007
    I never liked treats(cat treats, tuna, chicken ... nothing) Then one day mum was giving Loki and Wallace their numnums and low and behold I gobbled up some! Mum had just bought some beef Temptation treats foir the first time (she is severely allergic to beef but she figured cat treats wouldn't hurt her, well unless she ate them hehe) But I do enjoy only the beef ones, and green peppers from pizza ...
  • Charity JonesCharity Jones Valencia, San Fernando Valley,Member Posts: 423
    edited 1 January, 2007
    Roz, I'm not a fan of treats either. Every morning all of us get a special morning treat. It's usually greenies, whiska lickins, pounce (all the usual suspects). Every morning I smell them & then walk away. I even turn away from sushi & tuna. Mom's found that the only things I like besides my regular kitty food is cheese. Maybe your dad just needs to experiment with a few different things and find what tickles your taste buds the best! Good Luck!
  • Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭
    edited 1 January, 2007
    When I was younger, I liked treats. Anymore, though, the only ones I will eat are Whiskas Temptations Dairy flavor. Don't worry--there's nothing wrong with you! Everykitty's different. :-)
  • Ruth BrouwerRuth Brouwer HuntsvilleMember Posts: 10,651
    edited 1 January, 2007
    I never liked treats until my Mom bought Fiber Formula treats at the vet. I loved those! Then I got to liking more kinds, like Temptations and Whiskas and Kitty Kaviar. But the Fiber Formula ones were my first treats!
  • Kristen MaranciakKristen Maranciak PittsburghMember Posts: 560
    edited 1 January, 2007
    I don't really like treats either. I have eaten Fiber treats before but for the most part I sniff them and leave them. I am pretty picky about food too. I don't think there is anything wrong with you.
  • Melanie SzafranMelanie Szafran Member Posts: 7
    edited 2 January, 2007
    I am so picky about my eating that I snuff my nose at most cat treats. My brother and sister will eat anything, but not me. After much trial and error, my Mommy and Daddy found the one treat that I LOVE -- Aquari-Yums. But I only like the soft ones. So we get these as our treat at night. But Mommy has found that these are getting hard to find, so when she finds them she usually buys whatever\'s left on the shelf!
  • Maria VMaria V Member Posts: 179
    edited 4 January, 2007
    I LOOOOVE treats.. ANy kind! My sister is picky, though.
  • Maria VMaria V Member Posts: 179
    edited 4 January, 2007
    My brother's right.. I used like a wee bit of it, but now, I will only touch Whiskas Temptations (the one in a violet pouch) Other than that, I am picky.