Bridge kitties: when is your bridgeday?

Diana MertensDiana Mertens Warner RobinsMember Posts: 5,435 ✭✭
edited 11 November, 2008 in Plus Occasions
Although Mommy, Daddy and my sister Zoe missed me terribly when I left earth, I have found kitty heaven to be a wonderful place! I'm no longer sick, I can play all I want, and dog-waiters serve us tuna tarts at afternoon tea. Really, it is something to be happy about! I just celebrated my second bridgeday on January 4th. They had a wonderful bridgeday cake for me. When is your bridgeday?

Comments

• Gimli_TGMGimli_TGM HurstMember Posts: 29,929 ✭✭
    edited 11 November, 2008
    I will celebrate my 7th Bridgeday this year. My Bridgeday is April 27. It is on the same day my human Grandma (my human dad's mom) passed away just two years earlier in 1998. Mom and dad didn't plan it to be that way, but I am happy to celebrate the same anniversary day with my Grandma.
  • Heather BellamyHeather Bellamy Perry / StatesboroMember Posts: 5,506
    edited 11 November, 2008
    My bridgeday is November 9, 2005. It's a sad day for my family but I sort of have mixed feelings about it. I was meowy sick before I came to the Bridge. When I had my bridgeday, I wasn't sick anymore--I'd never felt better, actually-- but I know my family misses me (I miss them too but I have a lot of friends here to keep me company) so that's why I have mixed emotions about that day.
  • Diana MertensDiana Mertens Warner RobinsMember Posts: 5,435 ✭✭
    edited 11 November, 2008
    I know, Maximo - my family has very mixed feelings about January 4th, because it's also the day my sister Zoe got adopted (three years earlier)
  • Pat ParkerPat Parker ClevelandMember Posts: 382
    edited 11 November, 2008
    My Bridgeday was January 3, 1991. Seems like a long time ago to my mama, but like only this morning to me. Everything is so lovely and bright here and I have so many friends.
    edited 11 November, 2008
    I went to the Bridge on June 16, 2001. My mama had a hard time grieving for me because she was sick, but she says being on Catster and reading about other kitties and their families has helped her to remember and properly grieve for me. Meow!
  • Niki MattsonNiki Mattson St. PaulMember Posts: 20,360
    edited 11 November, 2008
    We don't remember, but we think it was sometime in September 1994 or 95, so it's been a long time
  • Beastie_and_the_BoysBeastie_and_the_Boys Marquette, MI / ChicagoMember Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭
    edited 11 November, 2008
    November 11, 1986. Almost two months ago, it was my 20th anniversary. Since I was born in the fall of 1976, I left the old world right around my 10th birthday. Interestingly enough, my younger brother Max would have had his 20th birthday this past fall if he were still in the old world. He joined me here in August of 1997.
  • Diana MertensDiana Mertens Warner RobinsMember Posts: 5,435 ✭✭
    edited 11 November, 2008
    Mindy - you and Felica have the same bridgeday!
  • Yipee LadybugYipee Ladybug Member Posts: 3,805
    edited 11 November, 2008
    Nov 4, 2005.
    edited 11 November, 2008
    *waves to Missy* I furgot our bridgedays were so close together Missy: only 5 days apart. *hugs* to all the Bridgekitties.
    edited 11 November, 2008
    Roxanne, thanks for noticing that Felica's Bridgedate and mine are the same, sixteen years apart. I had to make my mama look it up in her Family book cuz I couldn't remember the exact date and neither could my mama. I remember it was very cold and all day my mama lay me down by the fireplace on pillows and she lay beside me and pet me to keep me warm. My legs were cold and when I tried to walk, I fell down. My Mama went to the phone and called somebody and she put me in my carrier. I peed in the car on the way and mama laughed and said, "Mindy, you always did that. This is your last revenge to the car." The nice vet let mama lay me on a her flannel pillow case that she had with her. I don't remember much after that, but when I opened my eyes, there was my little brother Suki, sniffing me and face-rubbing me like he always did. After that, it was all wonderful!
  • Ruth BrouwerRuth Brouwer HuntsvilleMember Posts: 10,651
    edited 11 November, 2008
    2-20-1996. Ten years sure have flown. My Mom misses me still, and I miss her, but I sure have a lot of friends here! I know Miss Honey's sis, Mindy! (Honey is my brother Arnold's bestie! We're all a big family!)
  • Eva viezelEva viezel MontrealMember Posts: 3,008
    edited 11 November, 2008
    Hey Boomer! I am also your furiend. I came to the Bridge the same year as you,1996. It was Christmas Day. My mama has been sad on Christmas every year since. She knows I am in a wonderful place with furiends and my sis too but she just misses us.
  • Eva viezelEva viezel MontrealMember Posts: 3,008
    edited 11 November, 2008
    Me too Boomer! I am your furiend and Wally\'s sis.I came to the Bridge February,16,2002 It was very sudden, OMC imagine if I would have ruined Valentine\'s Day for her ...giggles..Sorry mama! I know you are sad but I don\'t want you to be...We will meet again some sunny day..
  • Ruth BrouwerRuth Brouwer HuntsvilleMember Posts: 10,651
    edited 11 November, 2008
    Wally and Nikki and I have been romping together for almost 11 years! Isn't it good for all you parents to know we have such good buddies here at the Bridge? We haven't forgotten you, and we can't wait to see you again. But we are only "gone" from earth, not each other!
  • Pat BeckPat Beck Spokane/SouthhillMember Posts: 878
    edited 11 November, 2008
    I came to the Bridge and met my new friends and Bridge Family on October 27th, 2oo5. I made a brief stop en route, to bestow Angel Kisses on Mom and Grandma, and then I arrived. It\'s a beautiful place here, and we can watch over our loved ones on Earth, everyday. Heidi.
    edited 11 November, 2008
    I came to the Bridge in the spring, late April or early May in 1985. My mama didn\'t write down the exact date. I\'ve been here to greet all of you kitties who came later.
  • Yipee LadybugYipee Ladybug Member Posts: 3,805
    edited 11 November, 2008
    *waves back to Maximo* Hello! Yes, we were only a few days apart, and both of us black kitties to boot! : )
  • Margie WhitteckMargie Whitteck WilmingtonMember Posts: 2,079
    edited 11 November, 2008
    My bridgeday is February 18, 2005. Mama can't believe it's almost 2 years that I've been gone. She remembers my sweet face and personality and giving me my insulin shots like it was yesterday. Sammy
  • Margie WhitteckMargie Whitteck WilmingtonMember Posts: 2,079
    edited 11 November, 2008
    My bridgeday is August 15, 2005. Mama still misses me every day and keeps my picture on her nightstand. purrs, Taylor
  • Tricia PapadaTricia Papada PhoenixvilleMember Posts: 1,144
    edited 11 November, 2008
    I've been at the bridge since Oct. 24, 2005. Mommy still misses me very much but she knows that I'm finally able to breathe better without that nasty tumor in my nose. I have lots of friends here.
  • Tricia PapadaTricia Papada PhoenixvilleMember Posts: 1,144
    edited 11 November, 2008
    I've been at the Bridge since the beginning of October 2006. I couldn't walk with my back legs and I had lots of problems but now I'm fine. I love running all over the fields of the Bridge. And I have a new mommy and daddy here!!! Plus I have my Uncle Clyde.
  • Liz LaButeLiz LaBute Liberty Twp(Cincinnati)Member Posts: 17,745
    edited 11 November, 2008
    I've been at the Bridge since November 9, 2006. Momma & Daddy still miss me so much, but they know how happy I am now that I am no longer in pain. :^:
  • Deb CainDeb Cain San AugustineMember Posts: 14,035
    edited 11 November, 2008
    My Bridge day June 25, 2004. I know Mommy and Daddy still miss me terribly, as I do them. I have made many friends here while i wait to see my Parents again.
  • Amber MunirAmber Munir Member Posts: 4,166
    edited 11 November, 2008
    My bridgeday was April 23, 2006. :( I was sad to leave my family, but everyone's so nice here up at the bridge.
    edited 11 November, 2008
    :-O Sparky, you have the same Bridgeday as me! Well, mine is Nov. 9, 2005... Purrs to you. Even though I've been here a year longer than you, my Mommy says she still misses me every single day but the pain of loss does get better with the passing of time. |:|
  • Missy HodgeMissy Hodge Knoxville, TNMember Posts: 1,379
    edited 11 November, 2008
    My bridgeday is September 28, 2006. My mommy misses me something awful. I wish she'd stop being so sad coz I am sooooo happy here. I can do all the things I wasn't able to do for a long time, and I feel puuurrrfect! It's been tons of fun hanging out with you kitties here! |:|
  • Alice RamseyAlice Ramsey Piney Flats/Johnson CityMember Posts: 1,241
    edited 11 November, 2008
    Hello all you wonderful bridge kitties. I just passed over the bridge yesterday, January 22, 2007. My family is very sad and miss me terribly. They understand that I am in a better place and am finally healthy. It is nice to know I have a bunch of new great friends to show me the way. |:|
  • Tracey TaylorTracey Taylor CamborneMember Posts: 1,345
    edited 11 November, 2008
    Its my first bridgeday today. mom and dad think of me everyday and miss me alot. I was rushed to the vets as I had collapsed suddenly and passed away while at the vets.
  • Sandie PiperSandie Piper KamloopsMember Posts: 584
    edited 11 November, 2008
    My first Bridgeday is Feb 12th this year. It isn't going to be easy for Mom, but she has Catster friends to make her feel better.She knows that i am happy at the bridge and I come and visit her from time to time. Meow, Brandy;c;:)