Bridge kitties: when is your bridgeday?

2»

Comments

• Doreen StevensDoreen Stevens Somerville/MedfordMember Posts: 1,692 ✭✭
    edited 11 November, 2008
    My bridgeday is November 24, 2004. My mom will always love and miss me. I joined Catster on April 30, 2005 and am very happy to have met so many kitty friends.
  • Christina FarmerChristina Farmer VictoriaMember Posts: 227
    edited 11 November, 2008
    My first bridge day is coming March 26th. Mommy's trying to plan a little something extra special for me, like a memorial frame, with my collar, some of my fur, my favorite blanket and pillow, and pictures. This isn't easy for mommy either, but she has lots of catster friends to help get her through this! |:|
  • flutterbygirlflutterbygirl Johnson CityMember Posts: 13,227 ✭✭
    edited 11 November, 2008
    My 1st BridgeDay was January 25, while I miss my mom and mom misses me, we both decided to make it a day of celebration. Celebrate life and love. To remember only the good times and all the love that we shared. My BridgeDay was also the 6th BridgeDay of my grandmom and we had a lot of happy memories to remind us of all the love of my mom and her daughter. This wasn't easy to do but it did make it a little easier to make it through the day. :c9 I invited all my friends here on the 'bridge' to join me in the celebration, it really was a beautiful day and more good memories were made.
  • alicia casteloalicia castelo Member Posts: 747
    edited 11 November, 2008
    My bridge day is February 5, 2007
  • Roxann RobbinsRoxann Robbins Member Posts: 3,268
    edited 11 November, 2008
    I passed on November 28, 2006. My birthday would be this February 26...I almost made it to 24! Purrrrrrrrs, Biscuit
  • Anne WhitehurstAnne Whitehurst LongmontMember Posts: 5,024
    edited 11 November, 2008
    My bridge day was July 12, 2004--that was just one day shy of my 14th adoption anniversary, so that made Mommie sad. Purrs, Gremlin
  • Renee NelsonRenee Nelson CharlottesvilleMember Posts: 2,207
    edited 11 November, 2008
    My bridgeday is December 5, 2006. It was only three days after Mommy\'s birthday. I really wanted to stay here with her for that so I didn\'t show her that I was feeling really bad until after. She is trying to concentrate on celebrating our life and love, but sometimes it\'s very hard for her not to be sad. We both know that we\'ll be together again, and in the meantime, we visit in her dream state. :c9
  • Pat WohrleyPat Wohrley All Strays WelcomedMember Posts: 451
    edited 11 November, 2008
    :-h:-h:-h:((:((:(( I am new to the bridge. I just arrived on Tuesday Feb 6th. I still feel my mommys tears and know she misses me so much. I need to make some new bridge friends coz I am lonely without my family. purrrrrrrrrrrr........Kitty Meow.......:((:((:((:((
  • Julia MundyJulia Mundy NorfolkMember Posts: 218
    edited 11 November, 2008
    May 1, 2006 is when I crossed the bridge. Mom already has the date marked on her 2007 calendar (as if she could ever forget).
    edited 11 November, 2008
    I just had my 1st bridge-day anniversary on January 24 of this year. Mom was very quiet all day long, and everyone kept asking her what was wrong. I was the first of three to cross the bridge in 2006 -- what a yucky year!
    edited 11 November, 2008
    I crossed at 1 am on December 29, 2006. It has only been just shy of two months, but Mom and Dad are still in disbelief. But I'm still around watching over them and especially watching over my twin, Mara. I also visit Mom in dreams from time to time. Purrs...Malaika
  • Roger BuchananRoger Buchanan PittsburghMember Posts: 12,565
    edited 11 November, 2008
    I came over in March of 2001. So this would be my sixth anniversery, but my dad doesn't think it's so long. To him it is still recent! :-k
  • Sharon EvansSharon Evans Member Posts: 2,968
    edited 11 November, 2008
    Mine is today- March 11, 2002. And my mom is feeling very sad. Hugs to you, Mom. I\'m really doing fine. |^| Love, Monroe
  • MouseMouse Near Camborne,Member Posts: 43,591 ✭✭✭
    edited 11 November, 2008
    Mine is next Sunday. March 18th 1998 is when I came over. They never stop loving us though, no matter how long it's been
  • Laura FritzLaura Fritz FraminghamMember Posts: 152
    edited 11 November, 2008
    my 5th bridge day is March 15 . I went to the bridge after a long 9 mouth stuggle wif FIP my brother mu shue misses me very much along wiff my Mama Laura.
  • Jenna LuskJenna Lusk Pacific NWMember Posts: 2,034
    edited 11 November, 2008
    Abbie's bridge day is February 8, 2006, so we just completed our first year without our sweetheart. At least I know she's in a wonderful place, being a funny, sweet kitten again. I'm glad she's got so much company.
  • Teresa ConcannonTeresa Concannon Member Posts: 7,378
    edited 11 November, 2008
    My Bridge Day is December 22, 2005. My one year anniversary just passed and my mom had a rough time. She still gets so sad when she thinks about me although she knows that I\'m happy here at the Bridge and not suffering now. My other brothers and sisters don\'t have pages here (someday my mom will figure out how to use her scanner) but I\'d like to mention them here: Jennifer: April 1977 - January 11, 1995 Pete: April 1977 - July 23, 1993 Calico: Spring 1965 - Summer 1984. (Calico was truly blessed because she died in her sleep).
  • Shianne CookShianne Cook CapitanMember Posts: 19,882
    edited 11 November, 2008
    I'm not quite sure when mine was. Sometime in Feb. 2001.. It doesn't seem like it's been that long to mommy and she still missed me everyday.
  • Shianne CookShianne Cook CapitanMember Posts: 19,882
    edited 11 November, 2008
    I left for the bridge May 23rd 2006. Mommy can't beleive it has almost been a year. It hurt her alot to let me go but she knows I am now healthy and running and playing. She just wishes I could have lived to be an old kitty not just a baby kitten...
  • Kat AndersonKat Anderson ElkinsMember Posts: 6,811
    edited 11 November, 2008
    My 5th year Bridge anniversary was May 2, 2007 --- which means (duh!) I came to the Bridge on May 2, 2002. My Mom still misses me. :(
  • Cathy AudorffCathy Audorff Janesville, WisMember Posts: 3,812 ✭✭
    edited 11 November, 2008
    My bridge day is March9, 2007. It isn\'t even 5 months yet and mommie says she misses me every day. Lately, she is seeing a lot of my traits in Mufasa (especially the climbing-we both like to be up high) and that has been making her smile.
  • Kristen MaranciakKristen Maranciak PittsburghMember Posts: 560
    edited 11 November, 2008
    My Bridgeday is coming up September 7. It will be a year. Mommy can't believe it has been a year already. I died in her arms and she thinks about it a lot. Mommy and Daddy miss me alot still but they know I am pain free at the rainbow bridge. That makes them happy. Harmony
2»