Moving on 1/16

Amanda LockabyAmanda Lockaby Gainesville, GAMember Posts: 156
edited 18 January, 2007 in Cats & Travel
Mommy and Daddy have recently been letting me in in the evenings, sometimes even to spend the night. Starting last night they let me in over night + all morning and afternoon but then I started to HOWL and WHINE because I wanted to go back outside....I miss the big open area. I do know how to use Aunt Tinker Bell\'s litter box and I do like the food and water they are providing but I still missed my big playground. Mommy and Daddy are trying to get me used to being in 100% so that when I move into the apartment next week it won\'t come as such a big shock, but should they train me now?? Or just wait until the big day? I mean after all...I will be a little shocked once I\'m introduced to a new place right??

Comments

• AshPoGusAshPoGus AlbuquerqueMember Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭
    edited 10 January, 2007
    I don\'t really know, but I think they should start keeping you inside now -- to get you used to it, so you don\'t try to escape from the new place. You\'ll be in strange territory and won\'t know what the dangers are out there or know your way around, so they\'ll need to be careful not to let you get out.
  • Donna LenzDonna Lenz BethelMember Posts: 4,600 ✭✭✭
    edited 18 January, 2007
    Meows Flower, The faster you get used to being inside, the easier it will be for you to adjust after the move. Make sure on moving day that the humans have you in safe place so you do not escape. That is the hardest day for creatures. Maybe at the new place they can take you out on a harness for walks.