The Foreign Legion

Comments

• Tiffany McConnellTiffany McConnell OmahaMember Posts: 30,862
    edited 8 August, 2008
    Exactly! When I first came around the forums, I was a big chicken.
  • Deb O'NeillDeb O'Neill PerkasieMember Posts: 8,659
    edited 8 August, 2008
    It's bitter cold here, too. But we have had a few strong wind bursts here and there. I remember being confused when I first came to Catster. I just hung back for a while and saw how others behaved. It took me a while to become more active!
  • edited 8 August, 2008
    It is nice that they have the "New to Catster" or whatever it is called. I always suggest a few forums with no particular topic, and try to encourage them to jump in the threads.
    edited 8 August, 2008
    You- a chicken, Chey?! I'm glad you got over it!
  • Michelle BrunnerMichelle Brunner BlairsvilleMember Posts: 11,194
    edited 8 August, 2008
    I think back to the days when I first found Catster. Someone on my Friskies website reccommended it. So I looked into it. I was amazed to find a place where people loved their cats as much as I did. I never thought it would become my life and become so involved and meet such dear close friends. I'll be on Catster a whole year in March. I can't believe it!
  • edited 8 August, 2008
    Anycat remember how exciting it was when you got your first rosette or pmail?
    edited 8 August, 2008
    Every once in a while, we go to the New to Catster forum, and do the same. That's how you and Danny met! I do try, but I lose track of some of the new cats.
    edited 8 August, 2008
    Yup... biggest chicken ever. Always watchin my paws... sittin in the corner. Quiet. Thanks to The Fiends and Xav and Fam and Blackie and everyone, Im different now!
    edited 8 August, 2008
    That was always the best Cole!!
  • edited 8 August, 2008
    You might say that, Cheyanne...
    edited 8 August, 2008
    say what?
    edited 8 August, 2008
    They didn't have the New To Catster Forum when I came. I don't think so anyway. But that is such a good idea for kitties to make friends and get to know Catster. I did start my group right away -- Siamese Lover... just thinking I'd meet some Siamese kitties. Never did I realize how it is still growing .
    edited 8 August, 2008
    You've gained confidence! Did your doggie family members become active, too? It was thrilling to get my first rosette. I was so happy to have it on my page and was disappointed when it went to the rosette history after a month. And I remember joining Plus and giving my first rosette. You know, I actually was nervous that the cat wouldn't want it!! Oh, talk about needing confidence.
  • edited 8 August, 2008
    How is the Group, Toulouse? Is it active? That's a lot to do -- administer a group, I mean.
    edited 8 August, 2008
    Dogs were active before me.
    edited 8 August, 2008
    My first rosette was from Morris... "Thanks for being so nice to me,and just being a great cat to everybody!."
    edited 8 August, 2008
    Cole the group is doing fine. We had a New Year's Eve party and Holly Berry set up a chat room for us to use. It was new to a lot of kitties so we should have given them a chance to get used to it. But it is still growing leaps and bounds. I wanted to keep the group small so we could all get to know each other. You know my first rosette was from Pixel, a Siamese cat who thanked me so much for wanted him in our group. That touched my heart and showed me how important it is to reach out to other kitties on Catster.
    edited 8 August, 2008
    Ooo Brucey was my secret Santa in '05!!!
    edited 8 August, 2008
    No kidding! My first was from a cat named Smudge, who I haven't seen in a long time!
    edited 8 August, 2008
    Aww... my 5th rosette was from the Fiends...
  • edited 8 August, 2008
    Yes, just getting your first from somecat because they felt like it...that's fun.
    edited 8 August, 2008
    I miss the "old days" on catster... back when everyone was still here and active!
    edited 8 August, 2008
    It took me awhile to figure out how the heck those thingies got there!! *giggles*
  • edited 8 August, 2008
    "Everyone" will not always be here for one reason or another! Gee, Chey. But we can do what we want, and change or, er, Experiment.
    edited 8 August, 2008
    I miss a lot of cats who are no longer here, too. But everything changes, everywhere. Nothing can remain the same. And there are new cats to be friends with!
    edited 8 August, 2008
    I know... but it would be nice... maybe if I think about it while Im falling asleep tonight, I will dream it. I must experiment! *giggles*
    edited 8 August, 2008
    Experiment with dreams??
    edited 8 August, 2008
    Well the one thing I've learned is to be sure you tell the kitties you love that you love them and appreciate them. Because you never know if that could be the last chance you have to say it. *whips out his hankie and blows his nose*
    edited 8 August, 2008
    The mind is a powerful thing Sophers!!!! Dems my smarts for the day!
    edited 8 August, 2008
    *gives T a hug* You're so right! You cats are all very special!