Salmon Dog Treats

Andrea WorkmanAndrea Workman Oakey OaksMember Posts: 202
edited 1 March, 2007 in Food & Nutrition
Hey! My neighbor gave us some freeze dried salmon treats that are supposed to be for dogs. She asked if my kittos would like some so I thought I'd give them a try. All three of them went insane. They smell terrible but the kittos come running whenever they hear me go to the pantry. I made the mistake of leaving them out once only to find an empty bag. I think Aurora is the culprit there. My neighbor got them from Costco and they are only eight dollars for two huge bags. I hope Costco keeps them in stock for a while. The only thing I advise is to break them into smaller pieces. Enjoy kittos!

Comments

• Heather BellamyHeather Bellamy Perry / StatesboroMember Posts: 5,506
    edited 27 January, 2007
    I'm not familiar with the Costco freeze-dried treats, but of the ones I am familiar with (Wildside Salmon and Halo Pets Liv-a-Littles), they are purrfectly acceptable for dogs or cats to eat, since they are nothing more than freeze-dried meats with no added ingredients. They are the YUMMIEST treats in the whole wide world! Too bad the ones I like best (the Liv-a-Littles) are 10 bucks for 2.5 ounces. Mommy loves me so much that she buys them for me even though they are very pricey! I have her wrapped around my paw, MOL!
  • Elizabeth KElizabeth K ChicagoMember Posts: 11,036
    edited 3 February, 2007
    Oooh I LOVE Wildside Salmon! I will do anything for that stuff! I will follow a human around anywhere they go if they hold out one of those freeze-dried salmon treats! If the one you had is made for dogs, just check the ingredients...if it's just salmon and nothing else, it's just fine for cats...
  • Andrea WorkmanAndrea Workman Oakey OaksMember Posts: 202
    edited 28 February, 2007
    It is Wildside Salmon, but I found out they discontinued them! Oh no!
  • Heather BellamyHeather Bellamy Perry / StatesboroMember Posts: 5,506
    edited 28 February, 2007
    You can still order them online. I just checked the site I usually order them from, and they are still listed... so maybe the store just stopped carrying them. Here is the site where I order them: http://shop.robbinspetcare.com/cats/wildsidesalmon.html
  • Andrea WorkmanAndrea Workman Oakey OaksMember Posts: 202
    edited 1 March, 2007
    Hi there! Costco is infamous for carrying things one day and discontinuing them the next. Thank you so much for the website beautiful Sindri,but I liked getting these from Costco because it was only twelve dollars for two huge bags! Maybe I can luck out and get some at the pet fair with no shipping.
  • Jenna LuskJenna Lusk Pacific NWMember Posts: 2,034
    edited 1 March, 2007
    Matilda and I are odd in that we don't like fish. We say no to salmon and to tuna. This confuses our mommy, as her kitties before us were addicted to fish. But we go crazy over deli-sliced turkey. Mommy gets the all-natural kind with minimal processing. She actually does get it for the humans in the house, but Matilda and I know when it's coming out of the fridge and make sure that everyone knows we want some, too. I'm sorry we don't like salmon, though... that stuff sounds wonderful.