The Lakeside

Tiffany McConnellTiffany McConnell OmahaMember Posts: 30,862
edited 29 September, 2007 in What I Love About Catster
Hello, Hello!! I’ve recently acquired some land right across from The Late, Late Show. It’s not exactly perfect, but with a few touch ups here and there, I hope to make it similar to the LLS. There is a lake on the land. I’ve tested it out, and it’s got some good fishing! It drains into the Kaltag River. It’s just a small river, but it keeps the fish stocked up. There is a beach down near the lake side. If you’re a cat that likes to swim, be my guest! But it’s also a good spot just to chill. The sand stays warm with the sunlight, so for you all whom like to sun, it’s a perfect spot for you! Its quiet and the waves are soothing for those of you who like to relax. I find it very soothing. There are a few smaller beaches around the lake, but the main one is right outside the main Hall. The Hall is used during stormy or cold whether. Its kind of worn down and stuff, but it will do until I can fix it up. It’s kind of like a wooden shack, but bigger, and it has a deck to it. There are lots of snacks here. There’s always a good supply of smoothies on hand. I’ve been told I make them good. There’s also tuna tarts, salmon rolls, cheese puffs, beef jerky, sardines, anchovies, and I can always make pizza. For desserts, there are cupcakes and cookies. Also, there are palm trees for scratching, and reeds to hide and play in. I hope you all enjoy The Lakeside. Purrs & Pounces, ~Chey~ The Lakeside Dedicated To The Fiends

Comments

• Tiffany McConnellTiffany McConnell OmahaMember Posts: 30,862
    edited 11 February, 2007
    I thought of this while listening to this song... Lonestar - Fishin' in the Dark Lazy yellow moon comin' up tonight Shinin' through the trees Crickets are singin' and lightning bugs Are floatin' on the breeze Baby get ready Across the field where the creek turns back By the old stump road I'm gonna take you to a special place That nobody knows Baby get ready Ooooh - Ooh! You and me goin' fishin' in the dark Lyin' on our backs and countin' the stars Where the cool grass grows Down by the river in the full moonlight We'll be fallin in love In the middle of the night Just movin' slow Stayin' the whole night through Feels so good to be with you! Spring is almost over and the summer's comin' The days are gettin' long I've waited all winter for the time to be right Just to take you along Baby get ready And it don't matter if we sit forever And the fish don't bite We'll jump in the river and cool ourselves From the heat of the night Baby get ready Ooooh - Ooh! You and me goin' fishin' in the dark Lyin' on our backs and countin the stars' Where the cool grass grows Down by the river in the full moonlight We'll be fallin' in love In the middle of the night Just movin' slow Stayin' the whole night through Feels so good to be with You and me go fishin (You and me goin' fishin in the dark) in the dark Lyin' on our backs and countin' the stars Where the cool grass grows Down by the river (Down by the river) in the full moonlight We'll be fallin' in love (We'll be fallin in love) in the middle of the night Just movin' slow Feels so good to be with.... You and me go fishin' (You and me go fishin in the dark) in the dark Lyin on our backs and countin' the stars Where the cool grass grows
  • Cassandra GriffinCassandra Griffin OmahaMember Posts: 4,662
    edited 11 February, 2007
    Hey Chey long time no mew!:-h
    edited 11 February, 2007
    Hi Pumpkin... no kidding!
    edited 11 February, 2007
    Ho Hum... *sprawls out on the sand while the breeze ruffles her fur*
    edited 11 February, 2007
    *snags a smoothie and chases the waves* Maybe somecat will come by later...
  • Tina MillicanTina Millican Pell CityMember Posts: 12,008
    edited 11 February, 2007
    *sneaks in, sees Chey and pounces on her* Chey!
    edited 11 February, 2007
    Simbaa!!! *big smiles* Ya want that smoothie???
    edited 11 February, 2007
    *grins* You bet!
    edited 11 February, 2007
    *goes and makes him a strawberry smoothie and paws it to him*
    edited 11 February, 2007
    *sips* Mmm, not too bad! Not too bad at all!
    edited 11 February, 2007
    See? I told ya so!! Smoothies rule!! Wanna fish for anchovies? *giggles*
    edited 11 February, 2007
    *sips* They sure do! *shivers* Oooh, brain freeze! *giggles* Mm, sounds good to me!
    edited 11 February, 2007
    Kinda hard to catch... they're in the middle of the lake... we'll have to take out the little old boat...
    edited 11 February, 2007
    Okie doke, no problem! *chugs down the rest of his milkshake and hops in the boat* Just call me Captain Simba! *grins*
    edited 11 February, 2007
    MOL!!! *hops in the boat with the gear* C'mon Captain Simba!!! *rows, waves splash the side of the boat*
    edited 11 February, 2007
    *grabs the other oar and starts rowing* Yo ho ho and a bottle of milk!
    edited 11 February, 2007
    MOL!!! *fish suddenly jumps out of the water, into Simbas head, lands in the boat flopping around*
    edited 11 February, 2007
    Ewww. *rubs head* Icky fish slime. *looks at fish* Wow, that was easy!
    edited 11 February, 2007
    MOL!!!! Blech!! *pokes fish* Is it an anchovy?
    edited 11 February, 2007
    *pokes fish* I dunno... never seen a live one before.
    edited 11 February, 2007
    Hmm... well, it dont look like Grannys fishies...
    edited 11 February, 2007
    *tilts his head* What do Granny Fish look like?
    edited 11 February, 2007
    *leans over the side of the boat* Ooh look't all those fishies....
    edited 11 February, 2007
    *looks over* Ooh, lotsa fishies! *scoots back to the middle of the boat* Toooo much water for Captain Simba though!
    edited 11 February, 2007
    Well... grannys got a silver one she calls a "catfish" and one that likes to suck on the wall... but I cant see em well... she dont let me look.
    edited 11 February, 2007
    A catfish?? *eyes get big* That's just wrong. *shakes his head* No cat belongs in the water!
    edited 11 February, 2007
    *giggles* Poor Capt. Simba!! Yeah, poor kitty. *leans too far over the side of the boat.... SPPPPLLLLOOOOOOOSSSHHHH!!!!!!*
    edited 11 February, 2007
    Eep! Chey- I said NOCAT belongs in the water! Not YOU belong in the water! *darts to the edge* Chey!!!
    edited 11 February, 2007
    *pops her head out, splashes Simba on accident, spits water out* Blech!! This is worse then tuna!! Fishy water!! Hope I dont grow a second tail....
    edited 11 February, 2007
    Eep! Chey! *reaches out to grab her paw and haul her back in* Swimmin's fur the fishes! Not fur kits!