Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

URGENT! Cat abuse video on YouTube.com

Comments

• Melissa FordMelissa Ford Santa CruzMember Posts: 3,914
    edited 16 March, 2007
    Here is the sicko's my space page. For those of you contacting news groups you may want to pass along a picture of him... http://www.myspace.com/spiderhog73 Absolutely appalling!!!!!!!!!
  • Wendy TrivetteWendy Trivette Church HillMember Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited 16 March, 2007
    OUR MOM IS FURIOUS TOO...WE REPORTED IT AND WE ARE SENDING IT OUT TO OUR ANIMAL NETWORK FRIENDS AND POSTING ON MYSPACE....THEY NEED TO NAIL THIS GUY TO THE WALL AND LET ME HAVE THE CAT SO I CAN SHOW IT SOME REAL LOVE...PATHETIC....I LEFT A NASTY MESSAGE AS WELL...
  • martha ciatteimartha ciattei Member Posts: 3,158
    edited 16 March, 2007
    i went to his myspace for a sec; he\'s obviously a sick little SOB; did it say his grandfather is ossie davis? wasn\'t he the really progressive political actor married to rubie dee, who is also very progressive? maybe we could contact her? does anyone know if i\'m right? i can\'t bring myself to go see the video... anyone, it you have the addresses or phone numbers we can use, please post them. you know someone (not me...) should write a book called \"it\'s only an animal\" about how ALL serial killers begin with animals. i\'m not saying this kid will become a serial killer, but anyone who can\'t inflict pain on a sentient being that suffers, is dangerous TO ALL. the FBI has been doing work on the link between animal abuse and violence towards humans for DECADES. can you imagine any girl wanting to be linked with this *ssh*l*. (is it okay for me to do that?)
  • HEIDI SOLOVEYHEIDI SOLOVEY MOUNTAINTOPMember Posts: 3,606
    edited 16 March, 2007
    i was just on "myspace" . the kid NOW has a video "what you don't know about the blue cat" more excuses!!
  • Adriana Garcia-RomanAdriana Garcia-Roman HollywoodMember Posts: 4,134
    edited 16 March, 2007
    This's the most horrible thing that I have never seen, We tagged the video and we really hope they can get this Guy Im so very upset that and I don't understand why people do such thing
    edited 16 March, 2007
    what do we do now? the kid has on my space "WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT THE BLUE CAT" DOES YouTube.com KNOW?
    edited 16 March, 2007
    what does this new video show (without being too graphic; meowmy has a weak stomach for theis ****).
  • Michele AshleyMichele Ashley Chattanooga/HixsonMember Posts: 3,161
    edited 16 March, 2007
    I looked at his myspace page. There are several pictures of him on there. He shouldnt be too hard to track down. I hope the authorties will move on this and save this kitty.
    edited 16 March, 2007
    EVERYONE LISTEN>>>on myspace.com....the kid POSTED... video of the cat" what you don't know about the blue cat".
    edited 17 March, 2007
    please be real!
  • Maggie StrasserMaggie Strasser Morris PlainsMember Posts: 856
    edited 17 March, 2007
    Is there a link to "What you don't know..."? I looked but couldn't find such a video. What a sick child. I hope they locate him and get him professional help.
  • Susan MavesSusan Maves MaconMember Posts: 6,697
    edited 17 March, 2007
    When I originally looked at his MySpace page, I noticed the video but didn't look at it. I don't see it there now.
  • Christina OttChristina Ott fairless hillsMember Posts: 8,628
    edited 17 March, 2007
    OMC--we just saw this post--we couldn't even watch it let alone listen to it----disgusting people---This gave me a upset belly---we flagged it!!:(:(
  • Niki MattsonNiki Mattson St. PaulMember Posts: 20,360
    edited 17 March, 2007
    OMC! That made Mommy want to cry! :(( Me too. It made us sick to our stomach too
    edited 17 March, 2007
    just watched it again" rockin that blue cat what you don't know". this person is feeding off all of this attention. I"M done
    edited 17 March, 2007
    you know, this IS a part of the problem, and Mia is right. if this guy is not apprehended and dealt with, and frankly i doubt he will be, he will taunt those of us who are offended with even worse stuff. outrage has its place, but these creeps feed off of it and want to throw even worse in our faces. and there may be worse he will not tell us about. hate to be a buzzkill with this info, but meowmy worked in psychiatric nursing and found out about the world in ways she wished she hadn\'t. and don\'t count on youtube or any of those people doing anything about it if they think they can make money off of it. sometimes the world just sucks....
  • Angela MoggyAngela Moggy Middle of NowhereMember Posts: 12,266
    edited 17 March, 2007
    We can't bring ourselves to watch the video. Hearing about it is painful enough. We will pray for that poor baby. :((
  • Candy McCarthyCandy McCarthy SanfranciscoMember Posts: 292
    edited 17 March, 2007
    I will check it out right now. This kind of stuff makes me sick. I will report it and I will e-mail you tube executives.
    edited 17 March, 2007
    please do let us know where to e-mail execs. plus, i don't always agree with PETA, but you know when they get hold of an issue, they really tear the skin out of it, so i think i'll contact them. let me know what you find....
    edited 17 March, 2007
    i did just write to PETA to see if they could give us any direction. i gave them his myspace and youtube websites.
    edited 17 March, 2007
    I just saw it it was horrible. I immediately flagged it as inapropriate and then I went to Peta, it's a web site for ethical treatment of animals. I e-mailed the media center of Peta and I also e-mailed the peta home in america and sent them all the info on it. Other people reading this please go Peta ethical treatment for animals and e-mail them about this right away. This person needs to be prosecuted. Thanks
  • Kim LasaterKim Lasater Agoura HillsMember Posts: 8,709
    edited 17 March, 2007
    We got the infor from dogster and left comments but it doesn't seem our comments are coming up. We flagged as well. I didn't see the thing on his my space about blue cat. Famous grandpa or not it doesn't seem like he has parents are around because they would have heard that. They need to take that cat away from that idiot. IF his grandfather is Ossie Davis I bet he wouldn't be too proud of his little idiot boy. I certainly hope that they prosecute him but I am wondering why it has been flagged so many times and not taken down. You tube is being very irresponsible because they are being notified of the violence. My 11 year old knows how to treat animals better then that boy does. It's sad to think there are poeple like him out there. What a jerk. is there a way to get the video to his family I wonder?:-k:-k Let them see there monster at work? I guess if he a famous relative we could get the Inquirerer. :) (Just kidding on that part.)
  • Nicole FoxNicole Fox PawsvilleMember Posts: 3,777
    edited 17 March, 2007
    That is so mean!:(( and the poor cat was scared and everything they should be arrested! People think it's fine or funny but it's not! It's cruelty god that poor kitty.
  • Sarah MinerSarah Miner MaplewoodMember Posts: 3,790
    edited 17 March, 2007
    I couldnt watch it but it still makes me sick. I posted it as a bulletin on myspace to all my cat friends. I have 655 friends that are all cats so hopefully the will see it and help. I hope that someone who can do something about this will see the video before it is taken off. Poor little baby I just hope this guy doesn't try and add fuel to the fire by making even worse videos. I really hope the kitty gets a better home.
    edited 17 March, 2007
    Ok everybody I e-mailed Peta twice and I just went to the aspca in New York and they have an e-mail and I reported the incident. I also went to the New York Police department and e-mailed them about the incident. I hope this works. Everyone needs to probably go to Peta first, they love a scandal. Then go to the ASPCA in New york and e-mail them. I couldn't find how to file a complaint at the New York Police department but I did find an e-mail to someone there. If more then one person e-mails these places they will do something. Taking the video off of you tube does nothing. We need to get the cat rescued and the person in trouble. I can be done if we stick together on this.
    edited 17 March, 2007
    Oh and I just wrote Catster all about it and asked for their help. Pray for that poor kitty.
  • Tony BlackwellTony Blackwell Cardiff, WalesMember Posts: 1,019
    edited 17 March, 2007
    You guys have been real busy trying to help this poor kitty. I made myself watch the whole video twice as I felt it was important to be a witness to that cat's torture. The little **** throws the cat at the wall twice. It was getting late here in the UK and I needed to sleep. Needless to say I didn't sleep well. Well done to everyone who has flagged the video, posted comments and contacted the authorities. There are enough members on Catster and Dogster to make a difference in cases like this. We have a powerful voice and we can and should use it! Leida.
  • April SimardApril Simard WindsorMember Posts: 678
    edited 17 March, 2007
    I flagged it too.. Poor kitty :( That kid's hands were holding the poor baby sooo tightly.. you could see how rough he was being ... no wonder the sicko did not want to show his face in the video. Praying for all the poor furbabies out there who have owners like this.
  • emma clarkeemma clarke Nottingham Robin Hood CountryMember Posts: 6,819
    edited 17 March, 2007
    I can't understand why Youtube are still showing the video, how long must it take them to act upon something like this? I have flagged the video and I'm sure the majority of the others who've viewed it have. Youtube need to kick that scumag off quick and he needs to be prosecuted for animal cruelty.
  • TheOddballGangTheOddballGang CharlotteMember Posts: 22
    edited 17 March, 2007
    Meorrrrrr! If it was the boy being push and hurt it would be called child abuse! This makes us spitting MAD!!::o We stand in agreement this should be reported ASAP, becasue if it begins with a lowly;) creature like us. We wonder what it would be like down the road a mass murdered?:(( The Oddball Gang {Here and Over the Rainbow}