Catster Article Makes Debut

MaryLou CaskeyMaryLou Caskey YoungstownMember Posts: 810
edited 11 April, 2007 in Plus Informational
Greetingz & Meowz Every Kitty & Every Purr, I recently received in the mail, the first issue of, \"Purina Newtrition\", a small newsletter/magazine filled with nutritional tips and articles for your katz and dogz... Well, much to my surprise, while browsing thru it, on page 10, it was titled, \"Great Pet Sites\", and I came across an article about Catster & Dogster!! I thought I would share it with you all... I thought it was pawsome to see an article about US, all the people that have made Catster & Dogster what it is today, a pawsome place for pet owners/lovers to go to... So, here is the article, word for word, enjoy: \"Dogster.com & Catster.com\" According to their home page, Dogster.com and Catster.com were concocted by \"dog freaks and computer geeks\" whose ultimate goal is to \"allow for the purest online reflection of people\'s love and enjoyment of their dogs and cats.\" Since launching in January 2004, Dogster.com (sister site Catster.com launched in June 2004) has become a top-five overall pet destination. According to their Website, they now include over 1.5 million photos for over 300,000 uploaded pets by 260,000 members. Dogster and Catster serve more than 17 million pages a month to over half a million visitors. You don\'t surf these sites, you \"stroll\" through them with your pet. And you\'ll find everything including Forums, Classifieds, Diaries, Treats, private messaging, pet-friendly travel, photo tagging and a pet-personality matrix. Dogster and Catster pride themselves on being the place \"where every dog or cat has a Web page.\" Once registered, you can post and share photos and stories about your pet, plus join the online community and chat in groups with specific topics ( a breed, a common interest, etc.). There\'s even an area for puppies and kittens only. Dogster and Catster are unique sites where sharing breeds a fun online community for dog and cat owners alike. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I just thought I\'d share that with every-kitty and every purr!! Have a wonderful, meowy weekend!! Huggz, Headbuttz & Purrz, ~Pooky~ (and Pooky\'s meowmy,, Kitty)

Comments

• edited 19 March, 2007
    Thanks for sharing, Pooky and mom! Great fun! be-bop
  • Teri SextonTeri Sexton Member Posts: 7,987
    edited 19 March, 2007
    That is neat! We knew Catster was terrific, but reinforcement for our addiction is always nice!
  • Michelle BrunnerMichelle Brunner BlairsvilleMember Posts: 11,194
    edited 19 March, 2007
    Thank you so much for sharing this article with us. I am going to copy it and send it to my family and friends. I am always tell them about the good times I have on Catster and all the wonderful friends I've met. Now they can read about it and understand why I love Catster so much! Great Job, Toulouse
  • Lindsay RoweLindsay Rowe ArcticMember Posts: 1,776
    edited 5 April, 2007
    Wow, that's cool. Can you believe how PAWpular the ster sites are?
  • ZACKandZOEYZACKandZOEY Cave Creek, AZMember Posts: 12,043 ✭✭
    edited 5 April, 2007
    :-h Hi Pooky Thanks so much for sharing the article =; I bet we'll even have MORE cats join Catster now!! More cats = more fun!!! ;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;
  • SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 April, 2007
    That's a great endorsement from an independent source. Thanks for sharing, Pooky.
  • Eva viezelEva viezel MontrealMember Posts: 3,008
    edited 8 April, 2007
    ;c; Great! Thanks for sharing Pooky ;c;;c;;c;;c; Love, Wally
  • Yipee LadybugYipee Ladybug Member Posts: 3,805
    edited 8 April, 2007
    That's way cool, Pooky!
  • Lyn YeomansLyn Yeomans Member Posts: 5,691
    edited 8 April, 2007
    Hya, Fankyu fer postin dat, Me luvs Catster , Its de BESTIST fing since me getted me Poota !! Cant stay away ,.. So many friends here, its jus de BEST ...=; Purrs Alfie
  • Ellie(Elinore) ClarkEllie(Elinore) Clark Member Posts: 9,364
    edited 8 April, 2007
    Pooky thanks for posting that. mom thought she was going nuts for Catster and now we see it's all over the world. Go kitties and puppies of the world.%:D%
  • martha ciatteimartha ciattei Member Posts: 3,158
    edited 8 April, 2007
    Thanks for sharing this Pooky! =; You are such a good, loving cat!!;c;
  • sandy reinsteinsandy reinstein plainfieldMember Posts: 436
    edited 9 April, 2007
    wow I\'am so lucky I\'am not a bird! birds can\'t even go on catster!! ;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c; the cats(for catster)=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D> ;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c;;c; the dogs( for dogster)=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D> I\'am not sure witch one is better But I know I\'am not a witch!=;:-k:-k
  • Kim WashburnKim Washburn LouisvilleMember Posts: 1,057
    edited 11 April, 2007
    Wow. This is great. Mommy tells so many people about Catster since she thinks it's pawsome, but now the word is really spreading. Woo hoo. ;c;;c;;c;