The petition for YouTube to not show animal abuse!! Please sign and save a life!

Elizabeth CharonElizabeth Charon San FranciscoMember Posts: 523
edited 28 April, 2007 in Laws & Legislation
please take a minute to sign the petition I have created for YouTube to be held accountable for enforcing their own codes of conduct. The petition can be found here: www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/956629011 Please feel free to cross post!!

Comments

• Susan MavesSusan Maves MaconMember Posts: 6,697
    edited 18 March, 2007
    Nikki, thank you SO much for taking the time to set up this petition!!!! We have signed it.
  • Elizabeth CharonElizabeth Charon San FranciscoMember Posts: 523
    edited 18 March, 2007
    My Pleasure! I am glad meowmy took those writing classes now! The great part is that The CEO of YouTUbe is in San Mateo which is close to where I live and I can deliver this in person when we get a good amount of signatures!
  • Tony BlackwellTony Blackwell Cardiff, WalesMember Posts: 1,019
    edited 18 March, 2007
    Nikki, I hope you don't mind me adding a link here to help the members find the page. CLICK HERE TO SIGN PETITION I've signed and I urge everyone else to as well. Go and post about the petition on any groups you are on. We need as many signatures as possible. Leida.
  • Julia MundyJulia Mundy NorfolkMember Posts: 218
    edited 18 March, 2007
    Thanks, Nikki, for doing this! You are pawesome!! Leida, thanks for including a link allowing readers to go directly to this all-important Web document. Well done, you guys!!!!=;
  • cheryl cobbcheryl cobb elmiraMember Posts: 435
    edited 18 March, 2007
    ok..i signed it..i hope it works...and i hope the person gets prosectued
  • Karen HollandKaren Holland BrookvilleMember Posts: 833
    edited 18 March, 2007
    we signed it too
    edited 18 March, 2007
    We forwarded the link onto every animal lover we know outside of Catster and Dogster. Hopefully it will help to get the ball rolling. Many of them will continue to pass the word on.
  • Lee BauerLee Bauer Mülheim/ruhrMember Posts: 2
    edited 18 March, 2007
    We here are both shocked and dismayed that youtube allowed this crap to linger on its sight for so long. Animal abuse is horrid and anyone who condones such acts are nothing more then horrid trolls! check out erics dog blog on blogger.com for his efforts to end the abuse of animals global! thanks for the email and be sure we are hoping youtube gets off its lazy butt and comes up with a better oversight plan on their websight. regards,, Murphy and cain !
  • Michelle TorgersonMichelle Torgerson Two HarborsMember Posts: 361
    edited 18 March, 2007
    I signed it and passed on the link.
    edited 18 March, 2007
    Thank you to all of you who are signing the petition, and remember you can pass it on to your friends!! There is a link near the top right of the petition page, in the white block with the petition stats, that says "Email this petition". Taking this outside of Catster and Dogster will help to get more signatures even faster!!! You cats are the best!!!! =D>=D>=D>
  • Michele AshleyMichele Ashley Chattanooga/HixsonMember Posts: 3,161
    edited 18 March, 2007
    Momma signed it and sent it to all of her friends and family
  • Dana DunnDana Dunn Member Posts: 2,587
    edited 18 March, 2007
    We signed it as well! We will be passing it on to our friends and family!
  • Christy MChristy M Member Posts: 329
    edited 19 March, 2007
    Done, and passed on. Sign it, everyone-this is how things get done!! xo-Pippin & Turtle
  • Roxann RobbinsRoxann Robbins Member Posts: 3,268
    edited 19 March, 2007
    Signed it! You don't mess with the kitties! *ROAR* ~Jet Giotto~
    edited 19 March, 2007
    132 signatures so far. It's a great start but we needs lots and lots more. There are thousands and thousands of members on Catster who all have email addresses. We need to make sure they all know about the petition and that they sign it. If you've just come to this page, there is a link in my first post here that will take you straight to the petition. It takes less than five minutes to sign it and send it and this could ultimately save an animal's life. Nag all your friends on your friends list and post on all your groups about it. We need to do this as quickly as possible so we can show You Tube and Google (their owner) how serious we are. Come on guys! SIGN NOW!!! Leida
    edited 19 March, 2007
    If you want to see or sign the petition, GO HERE. Thanks everykitty!!!!
  • Donna KenyonDonna Kenyon HarpursvilleMember Posts: 2
    edited 19 March, 2007
    Done--wish I could sign it a hundred times!!!!
    edited 19 March, 2007
    I got dad to post it on some of the human forums he's on. They have all been very supportive. =D> Leida
  • Domenick GrecoDomenick Greco Member Posts: 1
    edited 19 March, 2007
    DOMENICK GRECO
    edited 19 March, 2007
    We've got 251 signatures so far! %:D%
    edited 19 March, 2007
    That's great!! It would be awesome if we got enough activity that the petition popped onto the home page's Most Popluar list. That would draw more attention to it, for those who check the site regularly.
    edited 19 March, 2007
    All the friends that dad has posted it to have promised that they will post it to all their friends. =D> Leida
  • Joshua BrownJoshua Brown CheyenneMember Posts: 71
    edited 19 March, 2007
    My dad has signed the petition.
  • Petrine BronsonPetrine Bronson MontereyMember Posts: 56
    edited 19 March, 2007
    Don\'t even mention the word animal abuse or my MaMa will go berserk!!!!!! She has signed the petition and is passing it along to every person she knows and to many people she knows from cat shows and to all of the catteries she knows and is posting this info to all of her blogs... She said she is ill from just the thought of animal abuse. :r Zsa Zsa, Mr. Hollywood, Romeo and Bear. :^: :q =; |:|
  • Wendy TrivetteWendy Trivette Church HillMember Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited 19 March, 2007
    we signed...shame, shame, shame on You Tube:r
  • SterlingAndTheSTeamSterlingAndTheSTeam Mount OliveMember Posts: 41,262 ✭✭✭
    edited 20 March, 2007
    Great idea, Nikki! We signed, too.
    edited 20 March, 2007
    =D> 388 Votes so far =D> WE NEED MORE! Tell everycat you know about this - It is important! Leida
  • vicky delfossevicky delfosse BrusselsMember Posts: 5
    edited 20 March, 2007
    we signed it too!
  • silver ladysilver lady ClaremontMember Posts: 13
    edited 20 March, 2007
    I would love to sign the petition, but how do I do that??? I clicked on the link and this is where it brought me.
    edited 20 March, 2007
    448 signatures so far!!! CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE PETITION Let's try and get 500 signatures before the end of the day!