The petition for YouTube to not show animal abuse!! Please sign and save a life!

Comments

• Tony BlackwellTony Blackwell Cardiff, WalesMember Posts: 1,019
    edited 25 March, 2007
    832 signatures so far. :D Wouldn't it be great if we could reach the target of 1000 by the end of the weekend? Leida
    edited 25 March, 2007
    832 signatures so far. :D Wouldn't it be great if we could reach the target of 1000 by the end of the weekend? Leida
  • Diana MertensDiana Mertens Warner RobinsMember Posts: 5,435 ✭✭
    edited 25 March, 2007
    My Mommy and Daddy signed. Here's hoping for 1,000!=;
    edited 26 March, 2007
    870 =; We'll soon get there - but we need your help. If you haven't signed yet, please do so NOW! Leida
  • Susan MavesSusan Maves MaconMember Posts: 6,697
    edited 26 March, 2007
    C'mon Kitties!!!! Let's reach to hit that initial goal of 1,000 signatures today!!!! ;c;;c;;c;;c;
    edited 26 March, 2007
    I've just posted links to the petition and Mr D's video on all my groups. If anyone would like to do the same on your groups, copy and paste the following there - all the links should work just fine when it's pasted into place: -------------------------------------------------- Hi guys, I thought I’d update you all on how the petition to get YouTube to take responsibility for their content is going. Here’s a link to the petition http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/956629011?ltl=1174255534 As you can see, we have 870 signatures so far! That’s fantastic, but we need more. We want to try and get 1000 signatures and we need your help! Mr D has made this video about the whole issue: And Please find time to watch it and add a comment if you are a YouTube member! Thanks for your support. We are trying to get animal abuse off YouTube – it doesn’t belong there.
    edited 26 March, 2007
    886!!!! We can do this guys! Just 114 votes to reach the target 1000. =;
    edited 26 March, 2007
    897! I LOVE YOU CATSTERS! =; Now, who is going to be number 900? Don't stop now! Leida.
  • Rita Anne ProvenzanoRita Anne Provenzano PhilapawMember Posts: 635
    edited 27 March, 2007
    Only 70 signatures to go! This is amazing!!!
  • MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New ZealandMember Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭
    edited 27 March, 2007
    You guys are doing pawsome work. I was just wandering. There are many animal loving people at all our local SPCAs ,they may want to sign this petition, Many wouldn\'t be aware of this and they will most certainly be against animal abuse. I never thought of this, before. I thought, we are in another country what can they do to help. BUT they can, we need signatures. I know many people that would love to sign, but they don\'t have access to the internet.
    edited 27 March, 2007
    939!!!! %:D% We are nearly there guys! One last effort - PLEASE! Leida
  • Launawe ChristieLaunawe Christie AlbuquerqueMember Posts: 1,893
    edited 27 March, 2007
    Mom had already signed, but she saw your post and reminded some friends to sign. Thanks!!!
    edited 28 March, 2007
    965! Just 35 more signatures to reach our target of 1000. Let's try and do this today! Leida.
    edited 28 March, 2007
    974! Just 26 signatures to go. I'm begging you - if you haven't voted please vote now. =; Leida
  • Sandy FarleySandy Farley PrinevilleMember Posts: 12
    edited 28 March, 2007
    We signed it too! You Tube should be accountable for what they show and should never show animal abuse!!:h::^:
    edited 29 March, 2007
    :-O 996!!! :-O Can you believe it? We are JUST FOUR SIGNATURES away from our target. Please, please, please sign the petition. Once it's done we can use it and let YouTube know how strongly we feel. Leida.
  • MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New ZealandMember Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭
    edited 29 March, 2007
    ;c;;c;;c;;c;1000 people Yay! ;c;;c;;c;;c; Way to go everyone. NOW does anyone have some great ideas how it can be presented to get maxium impact? All ideas are good ideas as we want them to sit up and notice this one. We don't want to miss anything |$||$||$||$||$|:^::^::^::^::^:|$||$||$||$|
    edited 29 March, 2007
    Well said Mr D! =; I want to thank each and everyone of you for voting and reaching the target. Catster cats are PAWSOME! We have the opportunity with such a large membership, of really making a difference to the way animals are treated. We need to tell the likes of YouTube that allowing videos of animals being tortured on their site is unacceptable. If they clean up their site then people will be less likely to post that stuff there. And that means that maybe, just maybe, less animals will be treated like this so humans can make what they see as entertainment. :? ;c;;c; GO CATSTERS!!! ;c;;c;
  • Sarah MinerSarah Miner MaplewoodMember Posts: 3,790
    edited 29 March, 2007
    ;c;;c;%:D%%:D%|$| Yea!!!! Good job catsters!!! =;
  • mel melmel mel Rankin InletMember Posts: 1
    edited 30 March, 2007
    thanks for bringing this to my attention, I had no idea!
  • Tiffany McConnellTiffany McConnell OmahaMember Posts: 30,862
    edited 30 March, 2007
    Whooo Hoooo!!!! ;c;%:D%;c; ....now what?
    edited 31 March, 2007
    See Nikki's thread HERE for what happens next. And in the meantime, please keep signing! :D
    edited 31 March, 2007
    1098! ;)
  • Cassandra GriffinCassandra Griffin OmahaMember Posts: 4,662
    edited 31 March, 2007
    mr d has a video for it :D
    edited 31 March, 2007
    HERE'S MR D's VIDEO Post a comment if you have a YouTube account. =; And CLICK HERE to sign the petition. You are all wonderful! Leida
    edited 31 March, 2007
    Bugger! The link to the petition doesn't work. :( TRY THIS ONE. ;) 1105 signatures!!!!
    edited 2 April, 2007
    1119 That's excellent work everyone. :D As Mad Cat Nikki said in the other thread, she is going to make an appointment with the CEO of YouTube and give him the petition personally. That might take a little while yet, so let's get the petition a large as possible before then. =; Leida.
    edited 3 April, 2007
    1138 Hey Catsters, wouuldn't it be great if we absolutely smashed the 1000 signature target with this> =;
  • Candy AndersonCandy Anderson Member Posts: 503
    edited 3 April, 2007
    Ohh signed it and passed it on as well!
    edited 5 April, 2007
    1191 =;