Dear Catster reader,

Almost two years ago, we invested numerous resources and rebuilt the Catster community. With new hardware, software and personnel, we did our best to satisfy the many users who shared their thoughts, pictures, questions, and love for and of their pets with us and friends. It was a thriving community with many users. We hoped, however, there would be more like you.

Times and habits have changed and we are sad to announce that the Catster community will be closing down on July 20, 2019.

Catster magazine, www.catster.com and the associated social media sites are NOT shutting down. We encourage you to continue reading the content found in the pages of the magazine and the web sites, commenting through the mechanisms provided and sharing your ideas and comments with us and your fellow readers.

Instructions for accessing pet profiles were shared with everyone in 2017. The instructions can be found elsewhere within the forum. AFTER JULY 20TH, YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THIS CONTENT. And, effective immediately, we are no longer able to answer questions about the community.

Thank you for your support and we look forward to serving you through our magazine and website.

Cheers,
Catster

Cat Abuse on YouTube (Part Two)

13»

Comments

• FelixFelix Member Posts: 45,573 ✭✭✭
    edited 24 March, 2007
    I\'ve been following this thread and the previous one on this topic, and would like to add my two cents. A previous poster referenced an article that indicated that this Martial Davis is into \"rap\" (I don\'t call this garbage music). I\'m not surprised. I\'m sure I don\'t have to remind everyone that rap glorifies violence against women, murdering policemen, etc. No wonder he thinks it\'s fun to abuse an animal and post it on the internet for the world to see. I would love to see Bill Cosby get hold of this young thug -- if anyone deplores this trend in our culture, it\'s Mr. Cosby. Regarding the free speech issue -- the First Amendment only applies to regulation of speech by the government. A private entity such as YouTube has the right (and the obligation, I think) to restrict what it will allow on its site. Keep up the good work!
    edited 25 March, 2007
    I've been following this thread and the previous one on this topic, and would like to add my two cents. A previous poster referenced an article that indicated that this Martial Davis is into "rap" (I don't call this garbage music). I'm not surprised. I'm sure I don't have to remind everyone that rap glorifies violence against women, murdering policemen, etc. No wonder he thinks it's fun to abuse an animal and post it on the internet for the world to see. I would love to see Bill Cosby get hold of this young thug -- if anyone deplores this trend in our culture, it's Mr. Cosby. Regarding the free speech issue -- the First Amendment only applies to regulation of speech by the government. A private entity such as YouTube has the right (and the obligation, I think) to restrict what it will allow on its site. Keep up the good work!
    edited 25 March, 2007
    Sorry for the double post -- don't know how that happened!
  • emma clarkeemma clarke Nottingham Robin Hood CountryMember Posts: 6,819
    edited 25 March, 2007
    I just wanted everyone that I have joined the new group ;) but due to technical problems, which I have reported to Catster, the group is not recognizing me as a member and isn't allowing me to either read or post messages. It's happened before when I joined another group and Catster sorted the problem out within a couple of days.
  • Tony BlackwellTony Blackwell Cardiff, WalesMember Posts: 1,019
    edited 25 March, 2007
    Fiesta and Felix - thank you for your support. If you haven't done so already, please sign the petition to make YouTube take responsibility for their content. Leida. :)
  • MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New ZealandMember Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭
    edited 25 March, 2007
    Yes, Less than 200 signatures to go.;c;;c;;c; Way to go team. We just need to keep up the momentum. Who else do you know that hasn\'t signed? and would like to.:?
    edited 25 March, 2007
    Leida -- I have signed the petition. I hope it gets results.
    edited 25 March, 2007
    I hope so too Felix! Thank you for signing. =;
  • Diana MertensDiana Mertens Warner RobinsMember Posts: 5,435 ✭✭
    edited 25 March, 2007
    OK, I have to ask what will probably seem like a stupid question, but please bear in mind that I never use myspace and rarely google: WHY, when you do a google search for spiderhog73, it comes up with catster pictures? What is the connection between this nutjob and catster, and why would google display these pictures? :-k I'm comfused.....
  • Michele AshleyMichele Ashley Chattanooga/HixsonMember Posts: 3,161
    edited 25 March, 2007
    Probably because he is the one that had that nasty video and we have been posting about him here.
    edited 26 March, 2007
    Zoe, George is right. We've mentioned spiderhog73 so often here that Google associates that word woth Catster now. I think it's quite funny. :)) He's being invaded by cats!
  • Susan MavesSusan Maves MaconMember Posts: 6,697
    edited 26 March, 2007
    **giggling** He can run, but he can't hide!!! :))
  • MrD_Sam_RazaMrD_Sam_Raza New ZealandMember Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭
    edited 28 March, 2007
    11 more signatures to go|$| on the petition
    edited 29 March, 2007
    Thanks Sam - those last few votes seem to be the hardest to get. Leida.