How offen do you get brushed??

Ashleigh JonesAshleigh Jones Middle of NowhereMember Posts: 92
edited 24 July, 2006 in Grooming
I get brushed about every other day. It depends how busy my mom is. I love when she can do it everyday. It keeps those fleas off my shiny black coat.

Comments

• Toffy_VanessaToffy_Vanessa Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hey, buddy, this topic was already exists. Scroll down a bit lower to read more.
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Ooops! What I meant to say is that this thread already exists in the "Grooming" category.
  • Ashleigh JonesAshleigh Jones Middle of NowhereMember Posts: 92
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I'm sorry I posted it before I read all the rest of the posted topics. :( :( :(
  • Catherine BradleyCatherine Bradley Member Posts: 6,384
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hi!
  • Sam WeydigSam Weydig East NorwitchMember Posts: 31
    edited 27 February, 2006
    ya'll
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hey Tail's!!!!
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Are you there?
  • tiff anytiff any Member Posts: 260
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Mommy has been brushing me evey day or so to make sure there's no fleas, as we had a flea problem a while back. Mommy says she wonders if all the brushing will make me spoiled like Sonia kitty who must be brushed every day, demanding she is!
  • Lindsay PoveromoLindsay Poveromo Winter SpringsMember Posts: 350
    edited 27 February, 2006
    WE LOVE TO BE BRUSHED! :)
  • edited 27 February, 2006
    At least once a day if not twice.
  • Tabitha Smith-ElliottTabitha Smith-Elliott Gainesville/Hall County, GAMember Posts: 11,582
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Oh oh oh!! I love to be brushed!! Mom usually brushes me once a week but I'd go for every day if she would!! *giggles*
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Same here, Chloe! We have something in common. *winks*
  • Wendy HutchisonWendy Hutchison Member Posts: 46
    edited 27 February, 2006
    If I had my way, at least twice a day. I love to be brushed! But usually once a day. Sometimes mommy's tired or she forgets a day. I let her know that I am not amused when she misses my grooming session!
  • Tabitha Smith-ElliottTabitha Smith-Elliott Gainesville/Hall County, GAMember Posts: 11,582
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Food & brushing. Ahhhhhh what could anycat want more!! *winks at Toffy*
  • KittymomKittymom MiltonMember Posts: 266 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    My Mom gives me a combing nearly every day. I hop onto the counter now and holler at her till she does it.
  • Karen LeeKaren Lee The kingdom of Mer-lotMember Posts: 89,020
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Meows, if I had it my way, my Human would brush me all day long with my ZoomGroom. Mol. My Human brushes me at least once a day. I enjoy being brushed. I purr while my Human is brushing me. If my Human stops brushing too soon, I head-butt her and beg to be brushed some more.
  • Angela ClarkAngela Clark Fort SmithMember Posts: 15,094
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I think I'm the only cat in the world that can't stand the brush. Mom has tried a couple of different brushes but I don't like either one. I don't get brushed that much but fortunately I have really short hair.
  • Sally WrightSally Wright DenverMember Posts: 130 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Marina, I don't like it either! There's one brush that I like my face brushed with, but mom better not touch the rest of me with it. I also kind of like it when she combs my back with the flea comb, but only my back. I have short hair, but LOTS of it, and I get hairballs every few months. I hacked up the last one on her bed 2 weeks ago, so she's been trying to find another brush that I might tolerate. I'm not giving her much encouragement, but she just bought a Zoom Groom tonight, so we'll see how it goes. At least I have someone to beat up now on after she brushes me (that kitten, Simone!!!), but I have to do it quick before mom catches me going after her!
  • edited 27 February, 2006
    No Marina, you're not the only one. I hated to be brushed. I'd kick, bite, growl and hiss anytime mom would try to groom me. Unfortunatly for me, I had a very thick coat so it had to be done.
  • Alison MacDonaldAlison MacDonald SomervilleMember Posts: 343
    edited 27 February, 2006
    i HATE being brushed! luckily i am short haired. my brother on the other hand loves it( he even likes to be bathed & blow dried... )
  • Charlene DitnerCharlene Ditner FormosaMember Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I like to be brushed and vacuumed! My brother is afraid of the vacuum but mom puts this brush thing on the end of the hose that swirls around and it feels sooo good!
  • Kim LindemanKim Lindeman Member Posts: 158
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I like to be brushed with the glove that catches all my loose fur. I hate brushes, though!
  • Kristin WKristin W Member Posts: 8
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I like to be brushed but sometimes I get playful and want to attach the brush...hehe.
  • Dusti DouglassDusti Douglass ClintonMember Posts: 25
    edited 18 June, 2006
    I get brushed every morning as soon as my mom is finished brushing her hair. If it takes too long, I ask her to hurry up! And, if I'm lucky, my other mom will brush me when she's getting dressed in the morning too. I'm a lucky cat!
  • Yipee LadybugYipee Ladybug Member Posts: 3,805
    edited 18 June, 2006
    When they used that poky stainless steel brush, i hated it!!! However, they now use the stainless steel brush as well as this rubber brush-mitt thing. i love the rubber mitt! Plus it's a bonus to get a tasty chicken treat after! So now I don't mind brushing as much. : )
  • Melissa FordMelissa Ford Santa CruzMember Posts: 3,914
    edited 18 June, 2006
    I absolutely hate being brushed. Will not let my mom do it. ZThe only time I get brushed is if I have to go innto the hospital. Dental cleanings, donating my blood, anything that needs me to be sedated. Mom then goes to town on the brushing.
  • Edie ChowEdie Chow *Member Posts: 18
    edited 18 June, 2006
    Marina and Kenya, I used to really hate being brushed too- I used to run away from my parents and hide somewhere- until Mom found this really cool brush at the Container Store. When she brings it out, I headbutt her and even lay on my back so she can brush my tummy! It's made of rubber and has both bristles and a squeegee on the side, and is completely washable. As Mom brushes me, it pushes all the loose fur to the base of my tail and then all she has to do is gather up the furball and toss it away. She's thinking about making me a cushion and stuffing all my loose fur into it just to show how much I shed! Mom also uses this brush to remove the fur from other surfaces and then washes it in warm soapy water before she uses it on me. It's called The FURemover Pet Hair Brush and it only costs $5.99. www.containerstore.com
  • Lowell VincentLowell Vincent ChildersburgMember Posts: 219
    edited 19 June, 2006
    Brandy enjoyed being brushed and I tried to do it most every day, to remove the fur. She also liked the flea comb being used on her and it was very useful in removing loose fur, especially in areas I had a hard time reaching with the brush.
  • christine okonskichristine okonski Member Posts: 213
    edited 19 July, 2006
    Hello my furry friends...lol Mommy says I need brushed every day, I dont mind it, except my belly. She knows I dislike it but , she wants to make me pretty.....lol!
  • Anna LAnna L Member Posts: 7
    edited 22 July, 2006
    I probably should be brushed every day since my fur is so long, but usually I'm only brushed once or twice a week. I can't decide whether I like or dislike it - it is fun to rub my head on the brush, though! ; )