Bringing cats to PetsMart.....

Ashleigh JonesAshleigh Jones Middle of NowhereMember Posts: 92
edited 22 July, 2005 in Cats & Travel
I've never been, because I don't like riding in the car, but my Doggy freinds have! Have You?

Comments

• April BennettApril Bennett Terre HauteMember Posts: 97
    edited 27 February, 2006
    My mom took me once to get my carrier right before my first vet visit. It was AWFUL (the vet, not Petco). Petco was fun! Everyone kept petting me and saying how adorable I was. I want to go again, but mom usually goes on her way home from work, so I probably won\'t get to go for awhile.
  • Ashleigh JonesAshleigh Jones Middle of NowhereMember Posts: 92
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I have been to the vet!! I just havn\'t been in the past year. I really need to get my shots though, becuase I don\'t want to get sick. My mom is going to take me soon. She\'s really good at keeping me healthy.
  • MARY HEFFERNANMARY HEFFERNAN Valley of The MoonMember Posts: 13,688
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Gee, Ricky-Panther...maybe you could ask to go (not to the vet!) and pick out the clothes you like! heh heh
  • Arlene LaPlumeArlene LaPlume CoventryMember Posts: 1,449
    edited 27 February, 2006
    my mom takes Zackary the wimpy dog to PetsMart and Petco alot, but i dont think i would do very well there. my moms also worried the dogs would come after me. not that she thinks i would get hurt, but because i would hurt the dogs! hehe.
  • Diana MertensDiana Mertens Warner RobinsMember Posts: 5,435 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I'm with you, Ricky - I hate, hate, hate being in the car, so Mommy never takes me anywhere she doesn't have to.
  • Diana MertensDiana Mertens Warner RobinsMember Posts: 5,435 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hey, new friend.... I CAME from PetSmart! Well, not them per se, but they let my rescue group bring kitties to their store for adoption. If I ever went back, I'd be scared.....it would seem like Mommy and Daddy don't want me anymore!
  • Megan CMegan C St GeorgeMember Posts: 115
    edited 27 February, 2006
    We don't have one here but we have a Petco. Mom hasn't taken me there because there's usually several doggies lurking around and I don't like Dogs much. Last time I saw a dog I clawed Mom's neck up a bit.
  • Cindy NashCindy Nash New HartfordMember Posts: 47
    edited 27 February, 2006
    We have a Petsmart and aPet Supplies Plus. The dogs always get to go, but I never have. Mom knows I'd love to go, but she's nervous because of the dogs that go there. I'm ok with dogs, but she doesn't want some dog trying to eat me...like they could HAHA. I don't know why you all don't like the vet, I LOVE it. My Dr. lady is so sweet to me. They even have a kitten that the office has adopted. I love the car rides too. I wear my harness and sit on moms lap. She says I act like a dog..can you believe her nerve?
  • Meg HarsenMeg Harsen ClarkstonMember Posts: 42
    edited 27 February, 2006
    In Michigan we have Pet Supplies Plus, I love going there. I walk on a leash with a harness and I can check everything out. I love swimming in lakes in pools. I know alot of you kitties can\'t say that. I have flown, driven thousands of miles. I love being in the car. I even go to the grocery even though I am not allowed to go in. Mom or Dad stays with me in the car because I love getting out of the boring house without my sisters and brothers.. purr purr
  • Lindsay PoveromoLindsay Poveromo Winter SpringsMember Posts: 350
    edited 27 February, 2006
    My mommy and daddy got me at Petsmart, well, from a cat rescue that was holding their adoptions at Petsmart. They're planning on taking me on August 6th to Petsmart's Paw Print party to get my paw print made in a frame!
  • Lindsay ColbertLindsay Colbert Member Posts: 376
    edited 27 February, 2006
    My mommy is always going to Petsmart with cats, but not to buy treats, to find new homes for them! The last one was... Jellybean! A black cat with little thumbs like a human. She found an awesome home. I almost went but they got too attached to me and when my littermates passed away they couldn't bare to take away any more of my loved ones. I'm happy they kept me, it's great here and I get to bug so many cats, but I know that if I went to Petsmart they'd find me another really good home. My human mommy thinks it's really great of them to help rescue groups the way they do and she likes to go even when she doesn't have a kitty there and check on all the cats. One time she found a kitten she had fostered, only a few months older! She was really angry that someone had brought him back when he was such a great kitten, but it was really nice she got to see him again. He was too sleepy to really notice... =P
  • KellyMarie ConlonKellyMarie Conlon Woodridge Naperville ChicagoMember Posts: 97
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Hey MIRANDA & LONDON, I'm like you guys! I came from a PetSmart-sponsored shelter, too! I don't hate riding in the car--I just hate leaving the house! Mom & Dad leave the door open when they are hauling groceries in from the car, and I never even bother to come close to it because I just hate the outside. Mom says she thinks it's because it reminds me only of going to the vets, which I *hate*hate*hate*hate*hate*, but I keep trying to tell her that it's because the "outside" is so dirty and messy, and the inside is so lovely and always the same temperature. I have lots of food, tons of toys, several places to sleep, and fresh spring water. WHY would I want to go outside? I even get the occasional bug to chase and eat in the house! It's like the best of both worlds! I see what the "outside" does to my brother, the dirty dog, and I don't want that fate to befall me! Also, Mom has this weird black bag in which she carries my brother around. I overheard her and Dad talking about some kind of "cat purse" from PetSmart, but thankfully all they had was a black and pink one, and she didn't make me suffer through pink. I think she must be CRAZY to think that a cat as large and distinguished as me would go in a PURSE! Silly Mom. Sometimes I wonder where people come up with these ideas! Meow & Tuna Treats, JoeJoe
  • Leanna JonesLeanna Jones Member Posts: 7
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Wow! I've never been to petsmart!
  • Matt MonroeMatt Monroe RaleighMember Posts: 2
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I like to go to watch the birds and check out all the kitty toys. I get to go every couple of weeks and wander around on my 30 ft leash while my dad looks for more fish for the tank at home. I don't understand why they have so much stuff for dogs though.
  • Lindsay RoweLindsay Rowe ArcticMember Posts: 1,776
    edited 27 February, 2006
    My vet is at Petsmart so I've been 4 times in my 4 months on Earth. I like it there, everyone tells me I'm cute and my photo is hanging on the wall.
  • April BennettApril Bennett Terre HauteMember Posts: 97
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Mom and Dad took me to our new PetsMart last night. Now we have a PetsMart and a Petco! I was really good and walked on my leash (even though it was only my 2nd time on it!) and looked at everything. Kids petted me, kinda scary, but Mom said it was ok so I was brave. Everyone said I was very cute. Mom wanted to take me there for some grooming since she might get a job there as assistant groomer, but the head groomer lady is allergic to us kitties, so Mom will have to take me to Petco.
  • Mariah CookMariah Cook SacramentoMember Posts: 4
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I hate walking on a leash, but my mommy loves to take me in my carrier. I love to travel, but I love feeling safe even more.
  • Christy ChampagneChristy Champagne PortlandMember Posts: 37
    edited 27 February, 2006
    No way! Mom and dad say I am a big scaredy cat when it come to other people and animals/places so I'd probably try to get away the whole time. My dog sister goes there often!
  • Michelle MeyersMichelle Meyers WacoMember Posts: 835
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Mommy takes me to both. She makes me ware my vest ( most call it a harness but I call it my vest) and leash. I like Petco better cause they have more cat trees! I drag Mommy over to the cat section and then to the cat trees and climb all over them. Petsmart, cat trees were not as easily displayed for my climbing pleasure. I am with you though, I am wondering why there is soo much for dogs and hardly anything for cats!!! Sushi Dreams and Catnip Wishes, Irish
  • Gimli_TGMGimli_TGM HurstMember Posts: 29,929 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I went to PetsMart about 7 or 8 years ago to get my pictures taken! At the time, there was a permanent place set up there to get pictures taken. My human mom saw an advertisement for a $9.95 special but she ened up spending over $200! Me, Kiki, my human mom and dad all sat down to get the pic taken. Dad was holding me and mom was holding Kiki. Kiki kept looking and hissing at me, so we each had to take a separate pic with mom and dad by ourselves. Kiki loved to take pics but I was scared! While mom was trying to coax me out from under the seat, Kiki was walking around smelling the dog food! The pics came out great though!
  • Gimli_TGMGimli_TGM HurstMember Posts: 29,929 ✭✭
    edited 27 February, 2006
    Oh, I forgot I went to the vet there once too!
  • Tabitha Smith-ElliottTabitha Smith-Elliott Gainesville/Hall County, GAMember Posts: 11,582
    edited 27 February, 2006
    ATTENTION! We interrupt this thread for an important announcement! Brought to you by Felix. Through me. Meow there, fellow Catsters... We -- my buddy Jacques and myself -- are trying to help out our friend Sweetie. Sweetie is a delightfully charming cat who loves to play matchmaker...only she hasn't yet found a match for herself. So, to help Sweetie find the cat of her dreams, Jacques and I are hosting the first ever "Cat-lorette." If you're up for the challenge of winning Sweetie's heart, be one of the first 25 cats to sign up in the "Sweetie" thread under Catster crushes. All "rules" will be explained there. There, you'll also have the chance to meet Sweetie, and get a sense of what she's looking for in a crush. Good luck to all, and look forward to meeting you in Sweetie's thread! Meow, Felix
  • Nichole DwyerNichole Dwyer Member Posts: 2,118
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I went to Petsmart to get my picture with Santa.
  • Jennifer CapitaoJennifer Capitao MiddletownMember Posts: 82
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I haven't been to any of those stores yet... maybe my mommy and daddy will take me and my brother soon... I don't mind car rides, mommy says where going to a place called Cape Cod next weekend and she'll find out how well we REALLY do on car rides then... not really sure what she's talking about though! Petco sounds like a lot of fun, maybe if I am nice enough to mommy she'll take us and buy us new toys!
  • David AustinDavid Austin YpsilantiMember Posts: 5
    edited 27 February, 2006
    My dad and I go to the pet stores all the time at least once a week! Petco, Petsmart and Pet suplies plus are are main haunts and I love it! I get so much attention. Dad cant stop bragging about me to any one who comes to pet me. They all ask "how did you get him to walk on a leash?" Get me? I only do it cause I like it and cause this way I get to go all over with dad instead of beeing cooped up in the little apartment. my biggest problem is the dogs! some times there are so many and the owners dont controll them verry well. when they get to close I go hide behind dad or climb him like the nearest tree! Hey has anyone found a good back pack style carrier? Dad and I want to go hiking and when I get tired of walking I want a nice safe place to relax while dad keeps on his hike. If so please let me know or e-mail me any expirences. Arigato-meyow
  • Anita PorpoiseAnita Porpoise Member Posts: 216
    edited 27 February, 2006
    In 2004 I had my picture taken on Santa's lap and they put this elastic clown collar around my neck...it kinda looked cute, but my beauty shined through anyway. Mommy stuck my carrier in a shopping cart and kept me out of sight and scent of all the dogs. Santa knew I was there to see him, so they had me wait until all the loud doggies left. Mommy wishes that I wouldn't but I cry non-stop in the car cause I don't like change or anyone to have total control...i'm Super Teddy!
  • Brandi HaynesBrandi Haynes Member Posts: 11
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I have never been, mommie says we don't have one near us. And I don't like car rides, I really spaz out when I am in the car.
  • Christina WilsonChristina Wilson Carson city/Dayton, NevadaMember Posts: 924
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I love going I'm able to sit in the cart (I don't jump out) and I get to go get snacks and toys mom says next time we'll get me a bowl set for my water and food that don't need to be filled every2 mins.
  • Julianne TatelbaumJulianne Tatelbaum sandwichMember Posts: 24
    edited 27 February, 2006
    I've been in a car. I moved with my family. Car rides aren't alot of fun, but there's nothing TERRIBLE about them.
  • Lindsay RoweLindsay Rowe ArcticMember Posts: 1,776
    edited 27 February, 2006
    My vet is inside PetsMart, so I've been there a ton(ok 6 times) When I was a baby it was fun because everyone said I was soooo cute. Later I went to see Santa, which was alright except for all the dogs around. It went from alright to awful when they took me out of my carrier. Mom doesn't like to take me because I cry in the car. She says all my noise is dangerous to her driving.